+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi guys, I have reached out to MP to check the status of my application, they said security pass but I don't see anything related to security in my dashboard, everything is in process or not started.

its been a 4 week since I first received a ghost update and 3 week since I received second ghost update. They also confirm urgent note on my application and received RCMP. I don't know WTH they are doing with my application. I am so frustrate. No where else to vent, sorry guys.
MP can't accelerate the process, they only ask for the status of the application and that is what they provide back to us. Security is part of the BG check. Have you requested ATIP / GCMS notes, you can get more details about the application with the notes: (Security check, RCMP, your local office processing the application, when was the file transferred, and if it is considered routine application). That is what I got from the notes, it gave me the date of the Security check, when RCMP FP where received, when the file was transferred from IRCC Sydney to IRCC Calgary, and it even says that is Routine - File Review Ready. Knowledge, Residence, Language, and Prohibition have not been started.

Hope you get a test invitation very soon!!!

Reactions: Preet31

Amirfarhad

May 21, 2021
MP can't accelerate the process, they only ask for the status of the application and that is what they provide back to us. Security is part of the BG check. Have you requested ATIP / GCMS notes, you can get more details about the application with the notes: (Security check, RCMP, your local office processing the application, when was the file transferred, and if it is considered routine application). That is what I got from the notes, it gave me the date of the Security check, when RCMP FP where received, when the file was transferred from IRCC Sydney to IRCC Calgary, and it even says that is Routine - File Review Ready. Knowledge, Residence, Language, and Prohibition have not been started.

Hi,

What is the difference between BG and Prohibitions?

Preet31

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017

Thank you so much for your time.
It says non-routine application do you know what does it mean?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi,

What is the difference between BG and Prohibitions?
It appears that Prohibition is a final check the local office will do before inviting you to take the Oath

Prohibition — taking oath. (6) Despite anything in this Act, a person shall not take the oath of citizenship if they never met or they no longer meet the requirements of this Act for the grant of citizenship

Citizenship Act ( RSC , 1985, c. C-29)

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Thank you so much for your time.
It says non-routine application do you know what does it mean?
This is what they have on their website, did you request "Urgent processing"?

What is a non-routine application?
We consider your application non-routine if:
  • you asked to change your personal information, such as:
    • name
    • sex or gender identifier
    • date of birth
  • you missed a:
    • test
    • interview
    • hearing
  • we need you to submit extra documents, like:
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents
  • we asked you to come to another interview or hearing after you attended your interview
We also consider your citizenship application non-routine if you:

Preet31

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
This is what they have on their website, did you request "Urgent processing"?

What is a non-routine application?
We consider your application non-routine if:
  • you asked to change your personal information, such as:
    • name
    • sex or gender identifier
    • date of birth
  • you missed a:
    • test
    • interview
    • hearing
  • we need you to submit extra documents, like:
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents
  • we asked you to come to another interview or hearing after you attended your interview
We also consider your citizenship application non-routine if you:
Yes I did ask for urgent processing.

07collian*

Aug 11, 2021
Hey everyone!

Got my update -
Physical Presence Days: 1200
Application: Solo
Application sent: March 23rd, 2021 (Online)
AOR - 18th August 2021
Invitation to online test - 3rd November 2021

Just doing my studying now and hoping to do it right away (can do it any time after 5th of November. Any idea on timelines if I pass the test?

Oct 30, 2021
Hey everyone!

Got my update -
Physical Presence Days: 1200
Application: Solo
Application sent: March 23rd, 2021 (Online)
AOR - 18th August 2021
Invitation to online test - 3rd November 2021

Just doing my studying now and hoping to do it right away (can do it any time after 5th of November. Any idea on timelines if I pass the test?
For majority of the apps, it takes 3 to 5 months from test completion date to oath ceremony date (check the tracker) ... patience and heartfelt prayers are the key :).

Reactions: MissLC

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
My test was marked as completed. My fiance took the test 3 hours after I did and her test is still not marked as completed unfortunately

Reactions: Rakit