+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

saumit12

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
At least I've seen one person in same situation. Any update from your end? I applied since March 4 (online), no confirmation email, no AOR. Nobody knows exactly, everyone is just giving assumptions. How do they send the AOR, is it via the application portal or a direct email? I've tried calling, there's no option to speak to an agent unless it's one of the Afghanistan issues. I've sent webforms and only got generic responses. They say they will only respond to Afghanistan enquires. I'm planning to submit a paper application and include a printout of my online application.
Hi, i have received the follow-up email to create the account for the application tracker. However, I never received the AOR, so now I am stuck. And i am trying to contact IRCC.

saumit12

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hi Friends,
My application was received on March 4, 2021
The very first update I received was on October 26, 2021 (7 months), however, i didn't receive the AOR instead i received the "Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application with the Citizenship Application Tracker"

Anyone in the same boat?
Can someone please help me with insights on this, on how to proceed?

thanks
Sam

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi Friends,
My application was received on March 4, 2021
The very first update I received was on October 26, 2021 (7 months), however, i didn't receive the AOR instead i received the "Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application with the Citizenship Application Tracker"

Anyone in the same boat?
Can someone please help me with insights on this, on how to proceed?

thanks
Sam
We don't have the details of your application in the spreadsheet. Is this online or paper? If paper you can try to access old ECAS https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do it will show the date when AOR was sent. But you will still need to contact IRCC to get the application No. and to verify the email address they have on file, to make sure they captured it correctly. You can also request ATIP/GCMS notes to see what is the progress of your application, it takes 30 to 45 days to receive the details but you will be able to get your Application No. and when the AOR was sent to you.

AP1009

Nov 8, 2018
If your Background is not completed, you will probably be required to provide Fingerprints, but it takes 6-8 weeks after the ghost update to get the email from IRCC Vancouver. Calling IRCC doesn't help to speed up the process, they are only able to see what you see in the dashboard!!!

I have added your information to the spreadsheet
'Calling IRCC doesn't help to speed up the process, they are only able to see what you see in the dashboard!!!' - don't stress the fact (referring to !!!), as I mentioned in my post, and highlighting here again: that there are 'mixed opinions' and it might be 'subjective'. Was looking for a second opinion, rest staying patient.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
'Calling IRCC doesn't help to speed up the process, they are only able to see what you see in the dashboard!!!' - don't stress the fact (referring to !!!), as I mentioned in my post, and highlighting here again: that there are 'mixed opinions' and it might be 'subjective'. Was looking for a second opinion, rest staying patient.
I am sorry I didn't provide more information than what you have, as you know, in this forum, we are all applicants, and get the information from others posting their experiences with this process, we don't provide expert advice, is just our humble opinion and observations. But you make the final decision on what course of action you want to follow, if you want to call IRCC you can do so or you can try the webform or you may decide to go to your MP. Good luck with your process and hoping you will receive good news soon. :)

saumit12

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
We don't have the details of your application in the spreadsheet. Is this online or paper? If paper you can try to access old ECAS https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do it will show the date when AOR was sent. But you will still need to contact IRCC to get the application No. and to verify the email address they have on file, to make sure they captured it correctly. You can also request ATIP/GCMS notes to see what is the progress of your application, it takes 30 to 45 days to receive the details but you will be able to get your Application No. and when the AOR was sent to you.
thanks, services3.cic.gc.ca link says they send me ;
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 4, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 15, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on July 26, 2021

is AOR send using post mail? because i changed my address on April 30, 2021 and i have not received any post mail?
any idea what i should do.

BTW, thanks a lot for the previous communication

thanks
Sam

Cynicalmonk

May 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Please add my application details to the spreadsheet. Thanks

Physical Presence Days: 1132
Application: Single (Online)
Application sent: March 12, 2021
Delivered: March 12, 2021
5 year eligibility period: March 12, 2016 - March 11, 2021
AOR: August 19, 2021
B.G Completed: September 23, 2021
Citizenship Test status In progress: October 15, 2021
Scheduled for citizenship test: October 21, 2021
Passport copies request: October 21,2021
Appeared for test: October 31, 2021
Citizenship test status updated to completed: November 1, 2021

Reactions: mpreetsingh

Reeshil

Star Member
Mar 23, 2018
The online application tracker, shows updated October 14, however, I haven't seen any updates on any categories (In process) till date of typing this post. Would calling the IRCC make a difference (I did read in one of the posts, that all they see is our tracker interface, but as per mixed opinions it is a nudge and for some people it expedited the process: could be subjective), or shall I just wait it out? I am fazed now, because it has been over 2 weeks, and sifting through posts on this thread - mine seems like maybe a possible one-off instance.

Following is my application timeline:
Physical Presence Days:1098
Application: (online)
Application sent: March 31st, 2021
Delivered: March 31st, 2021
AOR: August 24, 2021
In Process: August 25th, 2021

Also, acknowledging all the timely responses I've come across on this forum, on various posts from some incredible people, who are legit a blessing! Thank you!!
Heyy,
I applied on march 7,2021
Location- Scarborough
Delivered-march 7,2021
AOR- august 12,2021
In process-until now

so we both are sailing in same boat i guess we just need to sit tight and hold on for an update

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
thanks, services3.cic.gc.ca link says they send me ;
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 4, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 15, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on July 26, 2021

is AOR send using post mail? because i changed my address on April 30, 2021 and i have not received any post mail?
any idea what i should do.

BTW, thanks a lot for the previous communication

thanks
Sam
Oh that is good, you can call IRCC to review the email address they have on file and request your Application No., which is challenging as they have allocated resources to deal with Afghan cases, you can try calling them at 7:55 am your time, by the time you go through all the options it is going to be 8:00 am and I have been successful getting to talk to an agent at that time, you may need to try more than once and be persistent until you get through.

If you chose to receive communication from IRCC by mail (Canada post), then that is the channel they will use, but if you chose to receive notifications by email, they will send by email, review your application form if you have it and check what you chose at the time of filling out that form (question #7), it said that if you provided email address they will use that to communicate with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: saumit12

saumit12

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Oh that is good, you can call IRCC to review the email address they have on file and request your Application No., which is challenging as they have allocated resources to deal with Afghan cases, you can try calling them at 7:55 am your time, by the time you go through all the options it is going to be 8:00 am and I have been successful getting to talk to an agent at that time, you may need to try more than once and be persistent until you get through.

If you chose to receive communication from IRCC by mail (Canada post), then that is the channel they will use, but if you chose to receive notifications by email, they will send by email, review your application form if you have it and check what you chose at the time of filling out that form (question #7), it said that if you provided email address they will use that to communicate with you.
thanks a lot.
Quick update:
Application Received: March 4
AOR: April 15, ( but email was never sent, contacted IRCC and received the same on Nov 2, 2021)
Language skills: In-progress
Physical Presence: In-Progress
Citizenship Test: In-Progress
Background Verification: Completed
Prohibitions: in Progress
Citizenship Ceremony - Not Started

Questions for the experts:
1. Now should i just wait for the test invitation?
2. Is there any effort required from my side ?

thanks
Sam

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Please add my application details to the spreadsheet. Thanks

Physical Presence Days: 1132
Application: Single (Online)
Application sent: March 12, 2021
Delivered: March 12, 2021
5 year eligibility period: March 12, 2016 - March 11, 2021
AOR: August 19, 2021
B.G Completed: September 23, 2021
Citizenship Test status In progress: October 15, 2021
Scheduled for citizenship test: October 21, 2021
Passport copies request: October 21,2021
Appeared for test: October 31, 2021
Citizenship test status updated to completed: November 1, 2021
I have added the information to the spreadsheet!

• Love
Reactions: Cynicalmonk

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
thanks a lot.
Quick update:
Application Received: March 4
AOR: April 15, ( but email was never sent, contacted IRCC and received the same on Nov 2, 2021)
Language skills: In-progress
Physical Presence: In-Progress
Citizenship Test: In-Progress
Background Verification: Completed
Prohibitions: in Progress
Citizenship Ceremony - Not Started

Questions for the experts:
1. Now should i just wait for the test invitation?
2. Is there any effort required from my side ?

thanks
Sam
I am glad you got your AOR. Now you only need to wait to receive the test invitation. You can start preparing yourself by reading the Discover Canada book.

Read Discover Canada at least twice.

This is a sticky thread in this forum, it has summary of the book in English and French and a lot of websites to practice sample tests.

Notes from Discover Canada and Sample tests.

There a lot of resources in Youtube, audio book, practice tests, etc.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: saumit12