Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
So this is confirm My test result is invalid due to lack of identity document and IRCC will resend me 2nd test Request
As my consultant send email and they reply back
I don't know when they gonna send me 2nd test request .

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Ghost update is when you can see the date in the dashboard changed "updated" but nothing in the in the "application history" changed.
Thank you. I think you have been a guiding post for a lot of us here and you seem to have a good handle on the process. I want to take a step back and say thank you. In the uncertain times, your well researched answers help get some sense around what is happening. Keep up the good work and as your handle says...keep the faith!

I see in the tracker now that citizenship test shows as "Complete" in green and I see an update in the timeline view below which says 1 new update and "Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.

Wondering if that is a Ghost update or the actual update?

Reactions: fkbrun

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Thank you. I think you have been a guiding post for a lot of us here and you seem to have a good handle on the process. I want to take a step back and say thank you. In the uncertain times, your well researched answers help get some sense around what is happening. Keep up the good work and as your handle says...keep the faith!

I see in the tracker now that citizenship test shows as "Complete" in green and I see an update in the timeline view below which says 1 new update and "Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.

Wondering if that is a Ghost update or the actual update?
Thanks for kind words!!! Yes that is the actual update as you can see your dashboard has changed from Test In Progress to Test Completed, congratulations!!!

Reactions: nc_positiveguy

skinny123

Jan 18, 2018
Not everyone is required to attend an interview. Next step will vary based on your local IRCC office, it could be from 2 to 6 months.
How can you tell your local IRCC office? Also, my passport request came in with my test invite, is this normal as I ended up sending my scanned passport pages before completing my test.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
How can you tell your local IRCC office? Also, my passport request came in with my test invite, is this normal as I ended up sending my scanned passport pages before completing my test.
You can find the local office within the email address from where you receive the test invitation, it usually has a DN and three letters after that: MTL (Montreal), SCR (Scarborough), CAL (Calgary), MIS (Mississauga), etc.

The spreadsheet has Calgary as your location, therefore I think your local office is Calgary, it demonstrates that online applications are moving faster than paper.

Yes it is normal to receive PP request, it appears that it helps to remove the interview step in most of the cases.

Last edited:

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
So this is confirm My test result is invalid due to lack of identity document and IRCC will resend me 2nd test Request
As my consultant send email and they reply back
I don't know when they gonna send me 2nd test request .
So sorry to hear that, but it seems they are very strict with these steps. Please let us know once you have received your second test invitation!!

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
So what could be the possible next steps? I am due to travel outside Canada in December. Not sure if that would be an issue.
Next step will be Decision Made, which could be within 1-3 months, based on information from previous months' applicants, and after that Oath, as you are in Toronto, they are scheduling Oaths future dated to the first quarter in 2022, so you should be ok. These are only my personal observations from the spreadsheet, some have received Oath invitations dated March 2022 but then IRCC changed it to Oct or Nov 2021, but as we are 2021 applicants, I am guessing they will schedule Oaths until 2022 and give priority to 2018-2020 applicants for any oaths during the last 2021 quarter.

Reactions: nc_positiveguy

skinny123

Jan 18, 2018
You can find the local office within the email address from where you receive the test invitation, it usually has a DN and three letters after that: MTL (Montreal), SCR (Scarborough), CAL (Calgary), MIS (Mississauga), etc.

The spreadsheet has Calgary as your location, therefore I think your local office is Calgary, it demonstrates that online applications are moving faster than paper.

Yes it is normal to receive PP request, it appears that it helps to remove the interview step in most of the cases.
Thanks for your response. I have checked the email but could not find any DN. Is it possible mine is different or am I just missing something?

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB

It is interesting because in the beginning online applications were the ones moving slower. Paper applications i think were receiving AORs faster.

I pass BG check in August. Still waiting for my test invitation. Hopefully it doesn't take much longer

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi All,

I submitted my online application in December 2020 online.
Last month when I was requested for citizenship test, I also received an email to submit copies of my passport which I responded to the same day with the scanned copies.
But a month after on September 29th I got another email from them that they have not received the copies of my passport and this is my final reminder.

I was surprised to see it as I already responded to their previous email with the copies. But anyways I sent them the copies of my passport again responding to that email on September 29th itself.

Now I see that Prohibitions, Language Skills were marked as completed but Physical presence is marked as "in progress" on October 8th.

Is that a bad sign that only Physical presence shows as "in progress" while all other steps are completed? Has this happened to anyone? Can someone please suggest?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi All,

I submitted my online application in December 2020 online.
Last month when I was requested for citizenship test, I also received an email to submit copies of my passport which I responded to the same day with the scanned copies.
But a month after on September 29th I got another email from them that they have not received the copies of my passport and this is my final reminder.

I was surprised to see it as I already responded to their previous email with the copies. But anyways I sent them the copies of my passport again responding to that email on September 29th itself.

Now I see that Prohibitions, Language Skills were marked as completed but Physical presence is marked as "in progress" on October 8th.

Is that a bad sign that only Physical presence shows as "in progress" while all other steps are completed? Has this happened to anyone? Can someone please suggest?
They are probably still reviewing the passport information you provided, I don't think there is any issue, otherwise they wouldn't had marked the other areas as Completed, just wait a little bit more. Congratulations!!

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
any idea long it takes after taking the test for it to be reflected on the dashboard? i took my test yesterday. The dashboard still indicates "waiting on you".

Last edited:

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
any idea long it takes after taking the test for it to be reflected on the dashboard? i took my test yesterday. The dashboard still indicates "waiting on you".
It took 48 hours for mine to change. From what I have observed and read in this forum it can take up to a week for the status to update.

Regards,
NC

Reactions: ts270890