+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Got a test invite. But due to family reasons I am outside Canada. Is there an email to reply them back? Or respond to the same email from where the test invite came?
In the test invitation PDF document they provide the email address you should be contacting them to let them know you are outside of Canada. Congratulations!!!

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi guys, i got test invite on sep 23 and i completed test on sep 27. i got an email saying you have passed but however it is not the final decision. what happens after this ? and where am i in the process? how long does it take from here to be a citizen?, Thanks
After passing the test you will see your test marked as completed in the dashboard. After that they could require an interview and if not required they will send the Oath invitation, it could take from 2 to 6 months. Congratulations on passing the test!!!

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I passed the test yesterday, and today the status in the tracker changed to Completed.
When should I expect the interview invitation? Does everyone get an interview?

Spreadsheet admin: For us that applied online, would It be possible to complete the “in process ecas” column in the spreadsheet with the date we were able to see as in progress in the new tracker, since our applications don’t show in ecas? If so, mine was available on August 19th.
Not everyone is required to attend an interview. Next step will vary based on your local IRCC office, it could be from 2 to 6 months.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
So here's another question as I am prepping and getting ready for my citizenship test. I know that it is a timed test (I think 30 mins for 20 questions!). Any one who has appeared for the online version can confirm if there is a time limit to answer each question as well?

Is there a timer for each question or only a timer for the total duration.

Regards,
NC
You can get the step by step tutorial in this IRCC page: Read a step by step tutorial

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi, if possible please update the spreadsheet to show that my fiance's application also showed background cleared on October 4th. She also didn't receive an email.

Is not receiving an email regarding the background being completed normal? We have both been receiving all other emails though.
You will only receive a test invitation email, Passport copies email (if required, not all applicants are required to provide this), Interview (if required, not all applicants are required to go thru this step) and Oath invitation.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hello everyone,

what is the test interview step on the spreadsheet? I did not get any invitation, I just passed the test this week - and the status was updated to Completed in the tracker, but no interview was requested.

Should I expect any other steps until the oath invitation?
Before COVID, the step was to come to the IRCC office and do the test and after that an interview was performed if required. In our new world that column is the date you passed the test.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi All
I pass my test on 29 Sep but I didn't took the photo of my ID and took my photo twice and my status has not up date it show IN PROCESS
And they also send me letter requesting copy of my Passport pages which my consultant Email yesterday
What to expect next as my status still not up date I think they will invalid my test result any one experiance same like me in this forum

Tnx
They will probably send you another test invitation, sometimes depending on your local office the agent may only require to provide a copy of your ID by email, but most of the times they invalid the previous test and you will need to do another test.