+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

pvarma

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Yeah seems like , but getting a request from the Vancouver office is strange ... shouldn't the file be handled by a local office in Windsor Ontario.
Reading through many of the previous posts, I think the Vancouver office deals with the FP requests irrespective of your home office

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reading through many of the previous posts, I think the Vancouver office deals with the FP requests irrespective of your home office
oh ohk then it makes sense. I thought my case was special :)

DrPassion

Sep 7, 2021
Hello all,

I got my test invite today (test window Oct 5th to Oct 25th).
Also in the invite was a request for a scan of all pages of my passports and travel documents from the past 5 years.

Question: I have a US visa that is still valid, and it is in an older passport. Does that count as a travel document?
Also, does the PR card count as a travel document that needs scanning?
Hi. I would think that, if the older passport on which the US visa is printed, was valid within the last 5 years, the older passport also should be scanned. if that passport was not valid within the last 5 years, then its probably not needed. i would consider the PR card as a travel document here, as travel for a permanent resident would require it to be presented; however "travel documents" usually refers to passport replacements (eg emergency certificates, refugee documents, etc). that being said, the Canadian authorities are fans of full disclosure. It shows to them that you are being completely honest, transparent and possess full integrity. If you give twice to three times the number of documents they`ve requested, chances are that your application goes smoother. All the best!

Reactions: mpreetsingh

fkbrun

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Hi. I would think that, if the older passport on which the US visa is printed, was valid within the last 5 years, the older passport also should be scanned. if that passport was not valid within the last 5 years, then its probably not needed. i would consider the PR card as a travel document here, as travel for a permanent resident would require it to be presented; however "travel documents" usually refers to passport replacements (eg emergency certificates, refugee documents, etc). that being said, the Canadian authorities are fans of full disclosure. It shows to them that you are being completely honest, transparent and possess full integrity. If you give twice to three times the number of documents they`ve requested, chances are that your application goes smoother. All the best!
Thanks for the reply!
For the citizenship application, I sent the scanned PR card and all my visas - including the US visa mentioned, which is in a passport that expired way back in 2015.
So I didn’t feel the need to scan them again, since they had already been sent with the application.

Reactions: DrPassion

DrPassion

Sep 7, 2021
Thanks for the reply!
For the citizenship application, I sent the scanned PR card and all my visas - including the US visa mentioned, which is in a passport that expired way back in 2015.
So I didn’t feel the need to scan them again, since they had already been sent with the application.
Sounds good, All the best!

Reactions: fkbrun

Preet31

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Hi everyone how long does it take to get the real update after the ghost update? (5th October ghost update)

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Hi All
I pass my test on 29 Sep but I didn't took the photo of my ID and took my photo twice and my status has not up date it show IN PROCESS
And they also send me letter requesting copy of my Passport pages which my consultant Email yesterday
What to expect next as my status still not up date I think they will invalid my test result any one experiance same like me in this forum

Tnx

Shauna_Jamaican

Sep 29, 2021
Physical Presence Days : 1,818
Application Type : Single
Application sent : March 4th 2021
Application Delivered : March 8th 2021
5 Year Eligibility: March 4th 2016 - March 4th 2021
AOR: May 4th 2021

Background Verification Completed : August 2021
Test invite : September 21 2021
Test Window : September 27th 2021 - October 17th 2021
Wrote Online Test : September 27th 2021
Citizenship Test updated to completed: September 28th 2021
Language Skills : In Process
Physical Presence : In Process
Prohibitions: In Process
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started

Reactions: mpreetsingh

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the time between getting ghost update till request for FB my child application is on ghost update from 7 weeks and nothing happen .

do you think this stops also the other applicants on same file as they have BG completed

it is almost 2 months now and no progress .

i see other people is getting FB on same day of the ghost update ?