+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all.
Please help I need some clarification. I am applying for my 1st Canadaian passport. In the passport application form it asks to state any previous travel document. Is PR card considered a travel document whose details need to mentioned here?
How long did it take to get the certificate?

Shauna_Jamaican

Sep 29, 2021
Hello all,
I received my Canadian Citizenship Certificate in the mail when I got home from work last night. The timeline from Oath to Certificate for me is one week.
For everyone waiting please don’t give up. I know it may seem like a long and difficult wait, but it’ll be worth it in the end.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi,
I applied in March 2021 and so far only my background check and test are completed. After waiting for a long time, I came to India recently for the purpose of getting married as my age is catching up (I'm 33 years old and going to be 34 in January). Right now, I'm in India in search of a bride. My PR Card will be expiring on November 17 2022 and mostly I would have to apply for PRTD to return to Canada.

Recently, when I checked my citizenship tracker, I received a blank update on October 8 2022. Based on that, is there any indication that I would get my Decision Made update soon?

My current plan is to get married in India and then return back to Canada but if I get an oath invitation in the meantime, I'm not sure how easy is it to reschedule the oath? Do they ask for a tentative return date and then reschedule the oath based on the return date? If they ask for a return date, then I'm planning to explain them that I have to apply for PRTD and then book tickets accordingly.

Besides, are there specific conditions only under which IRCC reschedule the oath? Would my reason of wanting to get married be good enough for them?

Otherwise, once I get my Decision Made, can I request them to schedule my oath in 2 to 3 months so that I can apply for PRTD during that time and return back in time for the oath?

My processing office is Scarborough. I request the experts to please provide your valuable guidance.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
I also want to ask if IRCC does reschedule oath, is there any limit on the number of days they can hold my file. I read somewhere that IRCC doesn't hold the file for more than 6 months. Is it true?

Sud Malhotra

Sep 21, 2021
My Citizenship tracker has been updated with "Notice to appear for the Interview" on Nov 03. Previously also in Mar 2022, I was requested for Passport pages and now again today they sent me that same email today to request the same. I am so confused, about what is happening and if this is usual. For the notice to appear for an interview, I just see on the tracker, But no information was received in my email as to how to appear.

Scooter1234

Nov 4, 2022
Hi, I was wondering what the status was on your account when you failed the test? Did it show as completed regardless of not passing?

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
I’m in the same boat though my application date is Feb 2021. Got requested copies of passport few days ago and that’s it!
I lost my hope as well since every person that applied after me got their passports already and look at where my application is now.. Honestly I don’t expect any update anytime soon since their new normal processing time is 26 months now! So ridiculous..
I applied on March 2021 and so far only test and BG check have been completed. It's so frustrating.

• Sad
Reactions: trumprefugee

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi,
I applied in March 2021 and so far only my background check and test are completed. After waiting for a long time, I came to India recently for the purpose of getting married as my age is catching up (I'm 33 years old and going to be 34 in January). Right now, I'm in India in search of a bride. My PR Card will be expiring on November 17 2022 and mostly I would have to apply for PRTD to return to Canada.

Recently, when I checked my citizenship tracker, I received a blank update on October 8 2022. Based on that, is there any indication that I would get my Decision Made update soon?

My current plan is to get married in India and then return back to Canada but if I get an oath invitation in the meantime, I'm not sure how easy is it to reschedule the oath? Do they ask for a tentative return date and then reschedule the oath based on the return date? If they ask for a return date, then I'm planning to explain them that I have to apply for PRTD and then book tickets accordingly.

Besides, are there specific conditions only under which IRCC reschedule the oath? Would my reason of wanting to get married be good enough for them?

Otherwise, once I get my Decision Made, can I request them to schedule my oath in 2 to 3 months so that I can apply for PRTD during that time and return back in time for the oath?

My processing office is Scarborough. I request the experts to please provide your valuable guidance.
The October 8 update was due to the system upgrade, so that means nothing for you individually.

After you get to Decision Made, the oath invite can come anywhere from the same day to 6+ months or even more than a year later. But most people receive the oath invite within 3 weeks of Decision Made, although it does depend on the processing office. And the time between the oath invite and oath date is anywhere from a few days to 2 months.

As for rescheduling the oath, it depends on your processing office and also the agent. Many people are able to reschedule their oaths fine, while a few others receive a stern response that the oath is not optional.

Sometimes IRCC will be able to accommodate your preference of scheduling oath in 2-3 months, but more often, they just reschedule you randomly. A few people get rescheduled within a month, while others wait 6 months or more.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi, I want to update that I have decided to return to Canada before my PR Card expires and booked my ticket.
Did you inform IRCC? If they knew that you were outside Canada, they might have put your application on hold.