+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Also, I heard people are receiving interview invites these days shortly before DM. Did the interview step become mandatory these days before DM?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thanks for your reply. No, I never informed IRCC that I was traveling outside of Canada.
Also, I heard people are receiving interview invites these days shortly before DM. Did the interview step become mandatory these days before DM?
Most people have not been getting interview invites since the pandemic. But most people who took the test outside Canada or who are otherwise known or perceived by IRCC to be outside have gotten interviews. If you took the test inside and never notified IRCC that you would be traveling, then you probably will not be asked to an interview.

Reactions: Jetrocker

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Most people have not been getting interview invites since the pandemic. But most people who took the test outside Canada or who are otherwise known or perceived by IRCC to be outside have gotten interviews. If you took the test inside and never notified IRCC that you would be traveling, then you probably will not be asked to an interview.
I had taken my test outside of Canada but that was last year September 2021.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I had taken my test outside of Canada but that was last year September 2021.
Oh, then you might get invited to an interview. You should call after you come back to ask about the status of your application, given that it has been over a year since you took the test. IRCC has been known to put on hold the applications of people known or perceived to be outside Canada (and taking the test from outside is the most common way for IRCC to know), so you might also want to let them know you're back. Might also want to contact your MP if you don't get any helpful response from IRCC.

Reactions: Jetrocker

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Oh, then you might get invited to an interview. You should call after you come back to ask about the status of your application, given that it has been over a year since you took the test. IRCC has been known to put on hold the applications of people known or perceived to be outside Canada (and taking the test from outside is the most common way for IRCC to know), so you might also want to let them know you're back. Might also want to contact your MP if you don't get any helpful response from IRCC.
Actually I was back in November last year itself after giving the test and then again traveled in August 11 2022 and returning back on November 10 2022. I had contacted my MP when I was in Canada this year and they tried to reach IRCC. They asked me to just wait and said the maximum processing time is 27 months and I haven't crossed that limit. Still, can there be any confusion on IRCC's side that I might still be in India?

I'm planning to call as well as email Scarborough office explaining my situation. My PR Card was expiring on Nov 17 and that’s why I am returning back while putting my marriage plans on hold. Due to the citizenship delay, my marriage plans are stuck. I'm already 33 years old and turning 34 in January, waiting for citizenship process to be completed and go back to my home country to search for a bride and get married.

efecntrk

Dec 7, 2017
Where did you get this information?

Reactions: rizwan150

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018

mariposaDADA

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Hi Guys, I applied to citizenship grant on March 2021, passed the test 6 months ago, decision made since then but not oath ceremony invitation received yet! I now need to apply for a new PR card. My sister applied 5 months ago and had her oath ceremony next week. Is this normal, I called IRCC and was told to wait as it is still in progress

• Wow
Reactions: Wandering Mind

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi Guys, I applied to citizenship grant on March 2021, passed the test 6 months ago, decision made since then but not oath ceremony invitation received yet! I now need to apply for a new PR card. My sister applied 5 months ago and had her oath ceremony next week. Is this normal, I called IRCC and was told to wait as it is still in progress
It's normal if your sister applied on paper, because unfortunately IRCC has been processing 2022 paper applications in 3-6 months, while using COVID and other stupid excuses to drag older applications on. You should be seeing progress soon. 2021 applications are normally taking 12-18 months. 2020 applications are taking 2+ years and 2019 3+ years.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
As you rightly said, I got an interview invitation for December 1. My office is Scarborough one. I'm so happy that there's some progress in my file. However, I have some queries and issues to discuss. Please find them below.

1) What can I expect during the interview? I mean what do they ask generally? And if everything is satisfactory, then would I get DM quickly?

2)My father has been admitted to hospital in India recently. Also he had got diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. I'm also waiting to go to India in order to search for a life partner and get married as it's already gotten late due to waiting for citizenship oath and am going to turn 34 years old in January 2023.

So can I bring these issues during my interview and request the officer to issue me a faster oath date?

3) Generally, how long is it taking to get an oath date after DM for 2021 applicants?

4) Do I have to carry documents related to my father's illness?

5) Is there any chance of getting done with the oath and interview on the same day itself?

I request you or anyone to please answer my queries.

Last edited:

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi every one . I received oath but on tracker its still saying Oath "not started" .is it fine ?
Same here. I received the oath invite today but the tracker shows oath ceremony not started. Like @forw pointed out, it's best to ignore it at this point since it's clearly not in sync.

mariposaDADA

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
I have decision made on ecas for 5 months now, no oath ceremony invitation yet. I requested my gcms notes last week, do you think it could help to get things moving again? Thanks