+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
According to my MP's office, there are around 150,000 pending spousal sponsorship applications with the IRCC. Didn't the IRCC commit to clearing all this backlog in the end of September in 2020? I mean this could take years to clear out

Astrix_Obilix

Dec 1, 2020
After numerous follow-ups, I have been asked to submit a scanned copy of the original PPR letter. I had already submitted the pdf copy in multiple e-mails before. I don't understand what the issue really is here? Have been following up regularly with VFS but to no avail. Have been waiting for the payment link ever since Jan 4, 2021 (recvd PPR submission letter on December 31, 2020)

Can someone help me out here ?

Last edited:

minot222

Mar 4, 2019
Does anyone have a problem showing maiden name of spouse in linked application even though all documents are using correct name?

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
How did you link it to gckeys? Ive received AOR and bio. But am using ecas. Can this process be all done using ecas and email?

a_P12345

Sep 30, 2019
Hi All, we received the link to pay money via SMS for 2 way courier service and completed the payment. Now, we have received the following email:
From: IRCC Passport Submission <passportsubmission@vfshelpline.com>
Date: Wed, Jan 13, 2021
Subject: [External] Passport Transmission Services - XXXXXXX | VFS Support Query Update | Do not delete | {ticket#XXXXXX#} | VFS Support Query Update | Do not delete | {ticket#XXXXXXX#}
To: XXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to the Canada Passport Submission Desk.
Please find the receipt for amount INR 1689/- for pick-up of 1 package
Please note that the pick-up date is XXXXX and your package will be picked-up from XXXXXX.
Further, the airway bill number (AWB) is XXXXXXXX and the same must be provided to the Blue Dart pick up staff on date of pickup.
Kindly include the following in the packages:
  1. Print the attached forms, fill & sign them and include it in the applicant’s package.
    • SMS/Courier return form(Fill this only if you have paid in advance for availing this service)
    • Consent form from all adult applicants (18+)
  2. Passport transmission letter for all applicants for whom service has been booked & paid for.
  3. Only Current and Valid passport for all applicants for whom service has been booked & paid for.
Step 1: It is mandatory to submit a duly completed and signed VFS consent form, courier form and any other document required by the High Commission along with the Passport.

Step 2: Keep the envelope ready with all the documents mentioned above and hand it over to the Blue Dart courier executive. The airway bill number must be provided to the Blue Dart pick up staff on the date of pickup and write the below text on the envelope.

"To,
The Officer
VFS Global Canada"

Note:
  1. Please do not send any paper applications and supporting documents using this service. The service as mentioned on the website is a Courier Pick up of Passport Submission for Online Lodged applications, hence we are not in a position to process paper applications through this service.
  2. The courier provider will only pick up sealed packages and the accuracy of the documents, the condition of the passports, and the payment of correct charges remain on the Applicant.
  3. In the case of a family, a separate AWB will be created for each Applicant and thus the Applicant will need to create a separate package for each Applicant with all the required documents.
  4. The courier provider will pick up the package (9 AM to 6 PM) Monday to Saturday and will only give 2 attempts for pickup.
  5. You are requested to include the mandatory forms (Passport submission letter/s, Consent form & Courier form) in the packet. If in case any of the forms are missing then the documents will be sent back to you un-processed at your cost and you have to make the payment and book the service again.
For further assistance, please visit our website https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/ or contact us at PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com

Please contact us if the pick-up is not done within 72 hrs.
Best regards,
Canada Passport Submission Desk– India
----------
VFS GLOBAL
EST.2001 | Partnering Governments. Providing Solutions.
PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com | https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/indexa.html

My question is shouldn't we also send 2 photographs with this envelope? They haven't mentioned that in the email. Also, what is passport transmission letter- Is it the PPR email that we received on 31st Dec 2020?
what all documents should we include in the envelope? someone please reply.

Svd130

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Hi, Anyone who recently submitted passport (PA - India) received any further updates? Anyone who submitted passport recently please share your timeline. This could help other people estimate their own timeline.

Here is my timeline so far:
Passport submission timeline:
Jan 9th, 11:00 AM -> Blue dart picked up package
Jan 11th, 4:20 PM -> Package delivered to VFS New Delhi
Jan 12, 11:07 AM -> VFS Tracking Id and return AWB recieved.
Jan 13, 10:33 AM -> Status change to: Tracking ID No.20210XX has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 2021/01/13

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Hi guys,

I got a question, for Consent form under Consent for Indirect Submission, my father (my wife's father-in-law) is planning to submit the passport to blue dart as well as receive it too once stamped on behalf of my wife. So i believe we do need to fill out the "Consent for Indirect Submission" area with my father's information?

But I'm not sure what to fill under the following blanks
"I give my consent to the Canada Visa Application Centre in _____________(city, Country) to receive/give my documents from/to ____________ *****Applicant to circle as applicable

Please advise.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Hey guys,
We received SA in November and my spouse did her Medicals a month ago but we haven't received AOR2 yet.

However, when we submitted our sponsorship application, we got this info in ECAS:

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXX XXXX on February 24, 2020.

and at the same time in the PR section:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received XXXX XXXX's application for permanent residence on February 24, 2020.

Does it mean that we received AOR2 on the same day as AOR1?

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Hey guys,
We received SA in November and my spouse did her Medicals a month ago but we haven't received AOR2 yet.

However, when we submitted our sponsorship application, we got this info in ECAS:

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXX XXXX on February 24, 2020.

and at the same time in the PR section:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received XXXX XXXX's application for permanent residence on February 24, 2020.

Does it mean that we received AOR2 on the same day as AOR1?
Where was your application moved to?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Where was your application moved to?
I've no idea. On the last call with IRCC, an agent said the application was still in Sydney