Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Is it ok to show me your letter template? You don't have to disclose your personal info
Nothing special I wrote, just write a normal mail and describe you and your spouse situation because of this waiting.

maxayma

May 11, 2020
Hello,

I did an enquiry and there is no trace of this file because you send it during the COVID-19 period. All the immigration offices were closed by end of March, 2020 and you send it after.

This does not mean they don’t have your application. This just means that they have not started the process of your application.

Having said that, if you can provide me with the tracking id that you send via Canada post.

Please understand that the situation is world wide and the embassies and office of immigration are closed. They currently are handling only certain emergency cases like death or hospitalization.

According to your submission you are still within the processing time so there is nothing to worry.

I would recommend you to contact us after two months and by then the offices are expected to resume to normal.

Hope this help.

^reply from MP
Mine was received before yours and they aren’t processing yet! Weird you got that email from your MP.
This is the most realistic feedback from IRCC so far.

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
This temporary visa will create more problems, because in addition to backlog of PR applications they will need to focus on these visas since a bunch of people are going to apply. They would have to take their focus off PR resident applications to take care of those and it will only increase processing times.

Reactions: kentucky_mule

smbr

Star Member
Mar 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beijing
This temporary visa will create more problems, because in addition to backlog of PR applications they will need to focus on these visas since a bunch of people are going to apply. They would have to take their focus off PR resident applications to take care of those and it will only increase processing times.
I guess at this point you have to ask yourself. . . .

what is more important
a. to be with your spouse immediately (by getting TRV) ?
b. to wait and get PR ?

I believe everyone has different selection for the above questions . . . .

Last edited:

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
The letter says it's only for those whose application has been approved in principle. It's pointless for most of us and then again if you application is already approved why brother getting TRV ?

Toby2020

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
The letter says it's only for those whose application has been approved in principle. It's pointless for most of us and then again if you application is already approved why brother getting TRV ?
Where does it say the application needs to be approved? If an application is approved why would anyone need the spouse trv?

smbr

Star Member
Mar 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beijing
Like I said . . . we cannot generalize it . . . everyone's scenario is different

There are people whose sponsor / PA got approval since July 2019. But still no progress (no COPR / PPR) . . . . .

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
It says in the first paragraph of that letter. I believe she should've written a letter about prioritizing family class over other immigration classes. This thing might over complicate things and distract them from PR applications.And do you think there will be high approval rate ?

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
PR applications starts in Canada and after they are transferred. TRV applications are processed in different embassies abroad. I don't even have an AOR 4 months after I applied so I find this like a good solution.

Reactions: Toby2020 and smbr