+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Ukraine/

May 22, 2020
Sure. That was my email

Dear (MP)

I am a permanent resident of Canada and have applied for Family Sponsorship to bring my wife and children to Canada through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. Our documents were delivered to Case Processing Center in Sydney, Canada, on March __ 2020, but I have got no response since.
Could you please help check the status of our application.

Here are the details:

Sponsor: name

Date of birth:

UCI:

Country of birth:

Type of application: Family Sponsorship

Date submitted: _ March 2020

Mailing method: Canada Post regular mail / tracking number ______

Office: Case Processing Center in Sydney, Canada, PO Box 9500, Sydney NS B1P 0H5

Receipt number:

Current address:

Telephone number:

Email:

Applicant: name

Date of birth:

UCI:

Country of birth:

Appreciate your time and help!

Best wishes
[Hi. What email of IRCC do you use to send your request ? ]

Catherine1616

May 18, 2020
Hi everyone. I send my application to 49 Dorchester street sydney NS through FedEx but just realized it was delivered to 47 Dorchester Street sydney NS as shown on my tracking page. has any one had the same issue? My package was signed by J. TIMMONS. Anyone else signed by the same person? Thanks.

Gam14

Mar 18, 2020
Hi everyone. I send my application to 49 Dorchester street sydney NS through FedEx but just realized it was delivered to 47 Dorchester Street sydney NS as shown on my tracking page. has any one had the same issue? My package was signed by J. TIMMONS. Anyone else signed by the same person? Thanks.
I google mapped this. 47 and 49 are in the same building. 47 is the tax office. 49 immigration. I think if 49 receiving was closed 47 may sign for it.
That being said I feel like we all are questioning the receipt of our documents.

47-49 Dorchester Street is a Government of Canada Building . I tried to upload a photo, but it won't allow it. You can see it on Street View of Google Maps.

You may want to call to see if there is a concern for this.

jaig

Feb 11, 2013
Dear friend I am also March applicant waiting for aor1 but it’s almost 4 month no updates any idea how do I know about application they received or not pls help

devmtl

Aug 25, 2017
Dear friend I am also March applicant waiting for aor1 but it’s almost 4 month no updates any idea how do I know about application they received or not pls help
At this point only confirmation you have is the delivery receipt from postal service. There is noting from IRCC.

Toby2020

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
I sent this letter to my MP, not IRCC
Hello,

I did an enquiry and there is no trace of this file because you send it during the COVID-19 period. All the immigration offices were closed by end of March, 2020 and you send it after.

This does not mean they don’t have your application. This just means that they have not started the process of your application.

Having said that, if you can provide me with the tracking id that you send via Canada post.

Please understand that the situation is world wide and the embassies and office of immigration are closed. They currently are handling only certain emergency cases like death or hospitalization.

According to your submission you are still within the processing time so there is nothing to worry.

I would recommend you to contact us after two months and by then the offices are expected to resume to normal.

Hope this help.

^reply from MP
Mine was received before yours and they aren’t processing yet! Weird you got that email from your MP.

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
MP got back to me. Only took three days (I submitted on March 17th):

When an application is received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), it can take several weeks before the processing begins.

Information will only be available on file when the processing of the application starts.

We can confirm that at this time there is still no application for your constituent in our records. We can confirm that the Case Processing Center is working on applications received on February 12, 2020. Rest assured that once the application pass the completeness check, it will be uploaded accordingly in our system.

------

It looks like a canned answer to me. Just have to wait some more. :)

Reactions: Andre5

shz86

Apr 4, 2020
MP got back to me. Only took three days (I submitted on March 17th):

When an application is received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), it can take several weeks before the processing begins.

Information will only be available on file when the processing of the application starts.

We can confirm that at this time there is still no application for your constituent in our records. We can confirm that the Case Processing Center is working on applications received on February 12, 2020. Rest assured that once the application pass the completeness check, it will be uploaded accordingly in our system.

------

It looks like a canned answer to me. Just have to wait some more. :)
It seems so weird! Finally they are processing before February 12th or March 12 or both February or March!! ?? I have heard here 3 different scenarios regarding the processing times.

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
Hello, ¿Has anyone applied for a TRV tourist visa after applying for family sponsorship and was accepted for the TRV visa after COVI-19 ?????

jasluke

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems so weird! Finally they are processing before February 12th or March 12 or both February or March!! ?? I have heard here 3 different scenarios regarding the processing times.
They were probably not processing anything at all; the Feb 12 / Mar 12 is mostly the next batch of applications that will be processed.

Reactions: shz86

Dreamer_2019

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hello,

I did an enquiry and there is no trace of this file because you send it during the COVID-19 period. All the immigration offices were closed by end of March, 2020 and you send it after.

This does not mean they don’t have your application. This just means that they have not started the process of your application.

Having said that, if you can provide me with the tracking id that you send via Canada post.

Please understand that the situation is world wide and the embassies and office of immigration are closed. They currently are handling only certain emergency cases like death or hospitalization.

According to your submission you are still within the processing time so there is nothing to worry.

I would recommend you to contact us after two months and by then the offices are expected to resume to normal.

Hope this help.

^reply from MP
Mine was received before yours and they aren’t processing yet! Weird you got that email from your MP.
That answer to your MP seems to be more credible than my MP's response.

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
That answer to your MP seems to be more credible than my MP's response.
I think what's going on is that they're processing stuff that they've already started. In theory, this should allow them to process more new files (like ours) once get back up to speed.

I noticed this article the other day. It looks like things are slowly coming back to normal. Just have to be patient.

Canada’s immigration levels nearly tripled in May

Inryvr

Star Member
Jun 17, 2020
I think what's going on is that they're processing stuff that they've already started. In theory, this should allow them to process more new files (like ours) once get back up to speed.

I noticed this article the other day. It looks like things are slowly coming back to normal. Just have to be patient.

Canada’s immigration levels nearly tripled in May
Agreed. They will have to process files soon. They can’t sit on them for so long

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
That's not a good news. Out of 11 000 only 2 000 immigrated through family class. That means they are not prioritizing family class

• Angry
Reactions: Toby2020