+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 Landing experience Toronto Pearson

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!

I have a question that may seem silly. What kind of Canadian address did you give the immigration officer? If it was a hotel address, does it mean that you have to stay at the hotel until you get your PR card or you can change the address to any other address? Thanks!
I gave my father's friend's address. Any local address should be OK.

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
An update regarding me being unable to link my PR card application to CIC account:

Today I got reply for my IRCC Webform request telling me there was a mistake made in the system for the Date I Become PR question. And they provided me the date that eventually worked. I used that date(off by roughly 2 months) and was able to link my Initial PR card application. I had 7 back and forth correspondences regarding this issue with IRCC through WebForm. I had to attach the following documents:

1- All previous IRCC Webform replies.
2- Passport ID page
3- Signed COPR client copy
4- Screenshots of actual entries I was making and the error I was getting.

More importantly, as a result of my inquiry, IRCC now will fix the error in my data.

Rockstar09

Feb 15, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2019
AOR Received.
27-06-2019
I am in the same situation! I landed on March 13th around 9pm.
1. Service Canada desk was closes. Couldn't get the SIN.
2. 14 Days self quarantined, so didn't go to the physical Service Canada Location.
3. Now that my quarantine is over, All the Service Canada locations are temporary closed until further notice.
4. I have also not received the PR Card, nor am I able to link PR card to my application

Rockstar09

Feb 15, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2019
AOR Received.
27-06-2019
Is there any group/thread for people who moved to Canada in Feb/March 2020? Would like to keep myself updated on others status on PR Card.

nj87

May 7, 2019
I am in the same situation! I landed on March 13th around 9pm.
1. Service Canada desk was closes. Couldn't get the SIN.
2. 14 Days self quarantined, so didn't go to the physical Service Canada Location.
3. Now that my quarantine is over, All the Service Canada locations are temporary closed until further notice.
4. I have also not received the PR Card, nor am I able to link PR card to my application
Hello @Rockstar09 , I'm inquiring for my brother in the same situation.
He's landing in the next 2 weeks but all physical Service Canada centers are closed.
What did you do for SIN# ?

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Online service for SIN applications was scheduled to have started on April 16, 2020, but now the notice at the top only points to the unavailability of the online service with no scheduled start date. Also, Initial PR card processing times continue to show 13 days and it has been over a month since those were updated and my application was submitted. Please share any info regarding at least some status updates for the Initial PR card applications submitted in March 2020.

kiraucassis

Apr 12, 2019
I also landed in March 2020 and unable to link my initial PR card application to my CIC profile. Has anyone else who landed in March 2020 got their PR card or any update on it? The current processing time is 13 days, should we get it that soon still amid the virus disruptions?

I landed on weekend so Service Canada desk at Toronto Pearson was closed. When I went to Service Canada on weekday, they told me to observe 14 day self-quarantine before applying for SIN. So if anyone is arriving on a weekend, they will have to wait for 14 days to get their SIN.
Hey I have the exact same experience. I landed on 15th March. So no SIN number at the airport. Went to Service Canada the next day and they asked me to self-quarantine. Then their offices closed down. I have applied online for my SIN number but no update yet. Even for my PR card. Looks like they haven't even begun processing it yet. I am looking for a job too. But in vain. None of my interviews that were to happen took place.....

Reactions: kushagra452

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Hey I have the exact same experience. I landed on 15th March. So no SIN number at the airport. Went to Service Canada the next day and they asked me to self-quarantine. Then their offices closed down. I have applied online for my SIN number but no update yet. Even for my PR card. Looks like they haven't even begun processing it yet. I am looking for a job too. But in vain. None of my interviews that were to happen took place.....
Thanks for sharing your experience. I was in various stages of my job search before arriving here as well but everyone dropped out. Some places sent me email regarding hiring freeze. Seems like really bad timing. Which documents you submitted to apply for SIN online? I'm not sure about proof-of-address as it was not required for walk-in service.

kiraucassis

Apr 12, 2019
Thanks for sharing your experience. I was in various stages of my job search before arriving here as well but everyone dropped out. Some places sent me email regarding hiring freeze. Seems like really bad timing. Which documents you submitted to apply for SIN online? I'm not sure about proof-of-address as it was not required for walk-in service.
I gave my bank statement. Unfortunately I only had the online version. I hope they accept it. By next month I should receive the paper statement. That will usually work.

Reactions: guydecent

rakdhyad

Apr 11, 2020
Hello everyone!

I landed at Toronto Pearson airport on 5 March 2020 and have now successfully become a Canadian PR. I flew from New Delhi via Frankfurt and reached Toronto at 12:10pm local time. In the landing card I filled in the section for visitors and headed to the immigration section after deplaning. The wait time at immigration was not more than a 1 minute. After clearing immigration (which took less than 1 min.) I headed to the PR section. There were about 3-4 people ahead of me in the queue. Waiting time in the queue was about 10 mins. After handing over the immigration documents and the passport I was asked to wait, while the immigration officer competed for the paperwork. I was asked to give a local Canadian address as well. After waiting for about 10 mins I was called back to the immigration counter and cleared to go to get the SIN number readvia. Waiting time for the SIN number was about 5-10 mins. After getting the SIN number, I headed to the pick up my luggage and left the airport. Total time spent in the airport was about 45 mins. Hope this helps!
Congratulation. Btw, What kind of Canadian address did you give the immigration officer?