+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 Landing experience Toronto Pearson

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!

I landed at Toronto Pearson airport on 5 March 2020 and have now successfully become a Canadian PR. I flew from New Delhi via Frankfurt and reached Toronto at 12:10pm local time. In the landing card I filled in the section for visitors and headed to the immigration section after deplaning. The wait time at immigration was not more than a 1 minute. After clearing immigration (which took less than 1 min.) I headed to the PR section. There were about 3-4 people ahead of me in the queue. Waiting time in the queue was about 10 mins. After handing over the immigration documents and the passport I was asked to wait, while the immigration officer competed the paperwork. I was asked to give a local Canadian address as well. After waiting for about 10 mins I was called back to the immigration counter and cleared to go to get the SIN number. Waiting time for the SIN number was about 5-10 mins. After getting the SIN number, I headed to the pick up my luggage and left the airport. Total time spent in the airport was about 45 mins. Hope this helps!

prapplicant1

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience, we plan to land in April. May I ask you which immigration documents you gave them? Is it just Copr document?

We are living in Canada for almost 2 years and decided to finish landing after our vacation travel.

Thanks

Reactions: kushagra452

vrules90

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
I'm travelling on 24th March and have 6 hours layover in Munich. How was your experience in Frankfurt?

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience, we plan to land in April. May I ask you which immigration documents you gave them? Is it just Copr document?

We are living in Canada for almost 2 years and decided to finish landing after our vacation travel.

Thanks
Only passport and CoPR were requested.

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm travelling on 24th March and have 6 hours layover in Munich. How was your experience in Frankfurt?
Frankfurt was alright. Just basic amenities are there. At night most of the eateries shut down! Do carry ample food if you are traveling with kids/family. Best of luck!

Higgle

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi does anyone know that if requested for self isolation for 14days if I can leave the country sooner? Planning to soft land.

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
I also landed in March 2020 and unable to link my initial PR card application to my CIC profile. Has anyone else who landed in March 2020 got their PR card or any update on it? The current processing time is 13 days, should we get it that soon still amid the virus disruptions?

I landed on weekend so Service Canada desk at Toronto Pearson was closed. When I went to Service Canada on weekday, they told me to observe 14 day self-quarantine before applying for SIN. So if anyone is arriving on a weekend, they will have to wait for 14 days to get their SIN.

Fuzzy Logic

Apr 7, 2017
Hello everyone!

I landed at Toronto Pearson airport on 5 March 2020 and have now successfully become a Canadian PR. I flew from New Delhi via Frankfurt and reached Toronto at 12:10pm local time. In the landing card I filled in the section for visitors and headed to the immigration section after deplaning. The wait time at immigration was not more than a 1 minute. After clearing immigration (which took less than 1 min.) I headed to the PR section. There were about 3-4 people ahead of me in the queue. Waiting time in the queue was about 10 mins. After handing over the immigration documents and the passport I was asked to wait, while the immigration officer competed the paperwork. I was asked to give a local Canadian address as well. After waiting for about 10 mins I was called back to the immigration counter and cleared to go to get the SIN number. Waiting time for the SIN number was about 5-10 mins. After getting the SIN number, I headed to the pick up my luggage and left the airport. Total time spent in the airport was about 45 mins. Hope this helps!
Hi. Did you get you PR card now ??

Fuzzy Logic

Apr 7, 2017
I also landed in March 2020 and unable to link my initial PR card application to my CIC profile. Has anyone else who landed in March 2020 got their PR card or any update on it? The current processing time is 13 days, should we get it that soon still amid the virus disruptions?

I landed on weekend so Service Canada desk at Toronto Pearson was closed. When I went to Service Canada on weekday, they told me to observe 14 day self-quarantine before applying for SIN. So if anyone is arriving on a weekend, they will have to wait for 14 days to get their SIN.
I landed on March 8. Still haven’t got my PR card. Did you get yours?

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Congratulations!

I have a question that may seem silly. What kind of Canadian address did you give the immigration officer? If it was a hotel address, does it mean that you have to stay at the hotel until you get your PR card or you can change the address to any other address? Thanks!