+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** March 2020 INLAND Spouse Sponsorship ***

HandInHandVII

Aug 11, 2019
Congrats…when was your app submitted? When did u receive AIP and SA? Was there a final decision on gckey before today?
Sent: March 12th 2020
Received: March 18th 2020 (delayed due to COVID-19 closures)
BioMetrics Reminder Email: August 26th 2020
Inland AOR with Prospective (temporary) App # email: September 24th 2020
Actual AOR: October 24th 2020
OWP Status Change Ghost Update in GCKey: November 5th 2020
OWP Status said "Approved" in GCKey: November 6th 2020
OWP Approval Letter in GCKey: November 7th 2020
OWP Received in Mail: November 18th 2020
BioMetric Request Letter Received in GCKey: November 19th 2020
BioMetrics Completed: November 23rd 2020
Medical Request: December 15th 2020
Additional Documents Requested: January 13th 2021
SA: February 9th 2021
AIP: February 9th 2021
Medical Provided: March 24th 2021
Additional Documents Submitted: April 14th 2021
Confirmation Documents Received: April 29th 2021
ECAS status "Decision Made": April 29th 2021
CoPR: April 29th 2021

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018
Thanks and congrats once again

FamilyOfSix

Jan 12, 2020
Hello Friends. My wife's application had a request for extra documents, and in the letter they had advised we submit them through a case-specific enquiry form. I have done that, and have received confirmation of receipt from them. I just noticed now that there is a section for those documents on the online application as well. Should I upload them there as well??

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hello Friends. My wife's application had a request for extra documents, and in the letter they had advised we submit them through a case-specific enquiry form. I have done that, and have received confirmation of receipt from them. I just noticed now that there is a section for those documents on the online application as well. Should I upload them there as well??
Yes. This exact thing happened to me as well. If you don't also upload the docs via your gckey account it will always show as requested documents not received.

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
I see you received SA and AIP before you gave your medicals. Did this happen because you were unable to make a medical appointment at the time it was requested, due to COVID? Or did they just happen to issue it to you before you gave your medicals?

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
my recommendation you should do it, just for convenience if some office open your case and they immediately see it. On the web-form, it will take time to link to your application.

Hazmatt

Apr 27, 2020
Hi All - It's been quiet in here lately...As my PR application is still in process I need to extend my visitor visa again. The issue now is that they are asking for upfront medical IMM 1017B. I have medicals passed on the PR application does anyone know a way around this or do I in fact need to do medicals again?

TIA

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018
Hi All - It's been quiet in here lately...As my PR application is still in process I need to extend my visitor visa again. The issue now is that they are asking for upfront medical IMM 1017B. I have medicals passed on the PR application does anyone know a way around this or do I in fact need to do medicals again?

TIA
I believe if your PR Medicals is still valid you could use that for the visitors visa. Were u able to get a full time job with the WP? It’s strange that yours is still in process. Have u gotten SA and AIP?

Hazmatt

Apr 27, 2020
I believe if your PR Medicals is still valid you could use that for the visitors visa. Were u able to get a full time job with the WP? It’s strange that yours is still in process. Have u gotten SA and AIP?
I did not apply for an open work permit with my PR application so my current status is a visitor. If I had an OWP I would not need to review the visitor visa. We did receive SA/AIP along with a request for more docs back in Jan.

Thanks

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
I did not apply for an open work permit with my PR application so my current status is a visitor. If I had an OWP I would not need to review the visitor visa. We did receive SA/AIP along with a request for more docs back in Jan.

Thanks
You're implied status that allow you stay in Canada legally. Why you need to extend your stay under visitor status? If you've already received AIP, you can direct apply for work permit.

Reactions: Underhill

Hazmatt

Apr 27, 2020
You're implied status that allow you stay in Canada legally. Why you need to extend your stay under visitor status? If you've already received AIP, you can direct apply for work permit.
From what I can tell implied status is only achieved when the PR application had an open work permit application attached to it. Since I did not apply for the work permit it seems as though I need to continue to extend my visitor visa. I am looking for information on adding a work permit to the PR application but everything I have seen says I need a letter from an employer to start the process.

Thanks

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
From what I can tell implied status is only achieved when the PR application had an open work permit application attached to it. Since I did not apply for the work permit it seems as though I need to continue to extend my visitor visa. I am looking for information on adding a work permit to the PR application but everything I have seen says I need a letter from an employer to start the process.

Thanks
If You did not understand completely, check this. https://dfimmigration.ca/2021/01/14/what-is-implied-status-a-comprehensive-guide/
From CiC : google search Open work permit pilot program extended for spouse or common-law partner in Canada class
If you already have approval in principle for your permanent residence application
If you have already received approval in principle on your permanent residence application—meaning you have received a letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada stating you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but you (or your family members) have not yet passed the medical, security and background checks—you may apply for an open work permit online.
You should look for sponsorship how to apply work permit. There are many different types of work permit. If you select wrong case, you will be asked different things.
You only need to extend your stay when your application is not in processing and your status is expired.

Last edited:

tttien.vn

Apr 11, 2020
How do we really apply for the PR Card? I got my copr Feb 15 and sent my photos for PR Card as well as the letter they sent me to the address given. How do we know what’s going on? I still haven’t received mine.
I sent my photo on Mar 30 to Ottawa office but haven’t heard anything :( have you recieve your PR?

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
How do we really apply for the PR Card? I got my copr Feb 15 and sent my photos for PR Card as well as the letter they sent me to the address given. How do we know what’s going on? I still haven’t received mine.
We sent ours to the Ottawa office in late February also and still haven't received the card. I recall someone in another thread saying that they typically take several months to send this out (not sure why).

Reactions: tttien.vn

tangocat

Jul 6, 2018
Hello everyone, we applied through a representative end of april last year. Submitted medicals in 2021 February. We cant really access our application however my wife is able to view the status through some key our rep provided. on march 25, our rep told us we got AIP and we sent the application fee. After a couple of days we saw that the status was changed to "Decision made".However, we havent heard from anyone ever since. Also clicking on DM, it still shows medicals are not submitted(maybe not updated?, we called them and they said they submitted it longtime back). so i have no idea what we are still waiting for. should we start to get worried?? any help is appreaciated

Reactions: J20190911