+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** March 2020 INLAND Spouse Sponsorship ***

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Ah okay...did u pass medicals yet?
I guess I did: I had two medical requests made - one for me and one for my non-accompanying daughter. I took my exam on December 17 and the doctor said 'no news is good news', and that they'd submit the results within 10 days. I've not heard back from them. My account now says "the requested medical exam has not been received", but I'm assuming that's for my daughter, as she lives in a part of the world where she'd have to fly and quarantine in each direction to get to the nearest approved doctor. I've sent them a note explaining that, because of this, she can't safely get an exam at this time. Hope they don't reject my application because of this.

Reactions: J20190911

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018
I guess I did: I had two medical requests made - one for me and one for my non-accompanying daughter. I took my exam on December 17 and the doctor said 'no news is good news', and that they'd submit the results within 10 days. I've not heard back from them. My account now says "the requested medical exam has not been received", but I'm assuming that's for my daughter, as she lives in a part of the world where she'd have to fly and quarantine in each direction to get to the nearest approved doctor. I've sent them a note explaining that, because of this, she can't safely get an exam at this time. Hope they don't reject my application because of this.
Don’t think they will reject it for that reason.
Read below based on their website.

Permanent residence applications that we’re still processing
Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we can’t

• process applications normally
  • provide accurate processing times
We’re prioritizing some applications, including

• Canadians trying to return to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services
If you are missing documents due to COVID-19 (such as police certificates, biometrics, passports and medical exams)

• we won’t close or refuse any applications in progress
  • we’ll automatically give you an extra 90 days to send us the documents from the deadline in the request letter
    • this applies even if the letter says you only have 30 or 90 days

Reactions: bonham

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Don’t think they will reject it for that reason.
Read below based on their website.

Permanent residence applications that we’re still processing
Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we can’t

• process applications normally
  • provide accurate processing times
We’re prioritizing some applications, including

• Canadians trying to return to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services
If you are missing documents due to COVID-19 (such as police certificates, biometrics, passports and medical exams)

• we won’t close or refuse any applications in progress
  • we’ll automatically give you an extra 90 days to send us the documents from the deadline in the request letter
    • this applies even if the letter says you only have 30 or 90 days
Thanks for this. Now I'm hoping my application isn't put on ice until my daughter can get her exam.

Reactions: J20190911