+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** March 2020 INLAND Spouse Sponsorship ***

Dencobob

Aug 18, 2020
So you did type the name in that box which says Signature? But isn't the typed name sufficient as above the box it says "I agree that by typing my name, I am electronically signing my application"
This same issue happened to us when we submitted January 20th 2020 and it was returned February 24th 2020.

Instructions in the checklist says print name and sign. But the form clearly says by printing name I electronically sign this form.

I just hope the will remove that clause from the form and simply says sign

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Hey there! I'm new to this forum, but we also applied in March (sent March 11th, received March 17th). We received our AOR yesterday, but we had our OWP rejected because of insufficient fees paid?

I am just wondering if that has happened to anyone else? We paid everything in full ($1040.00 CAD) when we submitted, but have now resubmitted the OWP. I think the fees increased to $1050.00 CAD at some point, so we paid the additional $10.00 for the increase in charge. But I am not sure if that was the reason as to why they rejected it?

It is incredibly frustrating trying to figure out what went wrong when there are no clear instructions given.

Anyway, thanks so much in advance for any replies!
We (my wife) also had her OWP returned due to insufficient fees paid. This was during the 1st week of October I believe.

It was our error (we underpaid by $100). They sent instructions saying to send the proof of payment along with the whole application form to the Edmonton office. Did you also have to send yours there?

We received AOR otherwise and they haven't sent anything else back. We're hoping it means that they won't mail anything else back related to the PR application.

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Had a question for people here.

In our AOR email, near the bottom, it said "Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful."

We received this exactly a month ago to the day, although we haven't heard anything back from an agent about our application being reviewed.

Has anyone else heard back?

If I check the status of our application online using CIC's online tool and our UCI number, it says that the sponsorship application was received on Sept. 24 and began processing on Sept. 26. For my wife's PA application, it just says it was received on Sept. 24.

Does this mean that they have everything they need and won't be sending things back?

They already mailed back the OWP 3 weeks ago (insufficient fees paid) and nothing else since then, so we are hoping that it means that they reviewed the PR forms, were happy with everything they saw, and are processing them. However, if they did review the PR forms, we were expecting that they would notify us that they had done so, as the AOR email indicates...

Susalabimbam

Oct 23, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
We (my wife) also had her OWP returned due to insufficient fees paid. This was during the 1st week of October I believe.

It was our error (we underpaid by $100). They sent instructions saying to send the proof of payment along with the whole application form to the Edmonton office. Did you also have to send yours there?

We received AOR otherwise and they haven't sent anything else back. We're hoping it means that they won't mail anything else back related to the PR application.
Yes, we just returned the whole application to the Edmonton office. Hopefully it won't affect our PR application.

We added all of our receipts from all the payments that we have completed. It is a frustrating situation to be in.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon and we won't have to worry about it affecting PR.

Reactions: gallagher11

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Yes, we just returned the whole application to the Edmonton office. Hopefully it won't affect our PR application.

We added all of our receipts from all the payments that we have completed. It is a frustrating situation to be in.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon and we won't have to worry about it affecting PR.
It's frustrating for sure. We are really hoping that sending it directly to the Edmonton office means it won't take them several (4-6) months to process the OWP. However I read in the February inland thread that someone sent their OWP there in late August and they were only just able to link their application - after ~1.5 months.

saladdd

Jun 16, 2020
So you did type the name in that box which says Signature? But isn't the typed name sufficient as above the box it says "I agree that by typing my name, I am electronically signing my application"
Yes I typed the name as it says "I agree that by typing my name, I am electronically signing my application" on the application form but you still have to sign next to the typed name. This was only told on the checklist so the instruction on the application form and the checklist is not consistent! I believed many people had the same mistake!!

Nb2508

Aug 28, 2020
Hey
I received my AOR last week but still I can’t link it online.
can anyone please tell after how long you were able to link the application.

Reactions: J20190911

sandy04_2000

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Yes I typed the name as it says "I agree that by typing my name, I am electronically signing my application" on the application form but you still have to sign next to the typed name. This was only told on the checklist so the instruction on the application form and the checklist is not consistent! I believed many people had the same mistake!!
Were you able to link your OWP application online?

Reactions: J20190911

anjana johny

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
Hi

I am PA and my husband is my sponsor. When we applied, I had no job. But now I got a job. A 2 months contract. Do I need to inform that to ircc? Also, my husbands passport is renewed. My passport is same. Do we need to inform that to ircc as well?

HandInHandVII

Aug 11, 2019
We got our AOR on Saturday October 24th! So I guess that means that they are processing applications on Saturdays! Yay! We wern't able to link our application online immediately but we were able to link our application today. We still are not able to link the OWP though.

Razoray

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
We got our AOR on Saturday October 24th! So I guess that means that they are processing applications on Saturdays! Yay! We wern't able to link our application online immediately but we were able to link our application today. We still are not able to link the OWP though.
Congratulations what was your application date

saladdd

Jun 16, 2020
Were you able to link your OWP application online?
Nope
The Open work permit application was also returned.
I have to redo everything again.
I submitted in March 18 so suppose I can receive AOR today...
So frustrated now and I am not belonging to this group anymore...