Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi cera,
Me too didn’t pay biometric when I apply, because when I check online they said its valid for 10 years. So I think yours also valid for 10 years( if you give before)
biometrics for TRVs cannot be used for PR, and so you need to pay

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi everyone, please I need advice. I didn't pay biometrics fee when I sent in my application because I thought the 10 years validity for my TRV would count. I didn't know PR biometrics was different, please would my application be returned because of this or can I pay now? please how can I fix this so my application doesn't get returned?
you can pay and send receipt with note via webform

leel

Feb 4, 2012
Hi everybody,
I have a question . I hope somebody can give me answer.
I applied for PR as common law inside Canada. But when fill application as a date of common law I wrote the date I bigin cohabitation.
1.anybody know my application will be return as for this reason?
2. Anyone has same experience?

dnesh0166

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Hi all,

I hope everyone is keeping well and safe.

This is my first post on this forum. I submitted spousal sponsorship application on 23rd March, 2020 via Canada post regular mail, and I hope it has been delivered. I raised web query regarding status of my application and I was told that my application is not in their system.

I am worried after receiving their reply and would be grateful if somebody could respond to my query as under:-

Query - When can we link application with GCkey account? Only after receiving AOR1?

Thank you.

dnesh0166

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Correct. Once you get your first AOR, it provides your UCI, application #, etc, which you need in order to link your application to GCKey.
Thanks for responding. It means the person replying to my web query can't see my application in their system till I receive AOR?

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Thanks for responding. It means the person replying to my web query can't see my application in their system till I receive AOR?
That's a good question. I'm not sure whether they can look it up solely using your name and date of birth, or if they absolutely need an application # or UCI.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Sometimes your application can be in their system and the AOR is just delayed. That is why others have been able to link their applications online before getting AOR. (meaning processing of their application has begun, but they have not yet received AOR)

MoncefBel

Mar 29, 2020
Hello everyone,

I submitted my application of inland spouse sponsorship + OWP and it was received March 17th, didn't receive AOR yet and i know its normal i have to wait 7 to 8 weeks, my wife is here under Visitor status with 4 years Multiple entrance visa

What should we do if she reaches 6 months here without receiving approval for OWP ?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello everyone,

I submitted my application of inland spouse sponsorship + OWP and it was received March 17th, didn't receive AOR yet and i know its normal i have to wait 7 to 8 weeks, my wife is here under Visitor status with 4 years Multiple entrance visa

What should we do if she reaches 6 months here without receiving approval for OWP ?
When is her status set to expire? If you don't get AOR up until a few days before the status expires then you can apply to extend stay.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
her status expires in September
You have a lot of time ahead, by then you would have either received, AOR, been able to link the applications, or received the OWP....Or known if the application is returned. Either even if the processing takes months and months, you would know before sept if you need to apply to extend stay.

MoncefBel

Mar 29, 2020
You have a lot of time ahead, by then you would have either received, AOR, been able to link the applications, or received the OWP....Or known if the application is returned. Either even if the processing takes months and months, you would know before sept if you need to apply to extend stay.
thank you for clarifying so if i link the application before then, than she doesn't need to exit the country, is that correct ?

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
thank you for clarifying so if i link the application before then, than she doesn't need to exit the country, is that correct ?
when they received your application and you waiting for processing, you're in implied status and you stay in Canada is legal.
Except some accident your application has been sent back, you will be out of status at this case. You could not apply again, you have to exchange/extend your status first until you got your status back, then apply again.

MoncefBel

Mar 29, 2020
when they received your application and you waiting for processing, you're in implied status and you stay in Canada is legal.
Except some accident your application has been sent back, you will be out of status at this case. You could not apply again, you have to exchange/extend your status first until you got your status back, then apply again.
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation Stay Safe ^^