+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** March 2020 INLAND Spouse Sponsorship ***

Nb2508

Aug 28, 2020
I have applied for the inland spousal application and my visitor visa is going to end on 2nd of October and I have received the temporary AOR from Cic. Do I need to apply for the visitor visa extension to maintain my status? Please guide me through this. Thanks

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
I have applied for the inland spousal application and my visitor visa is going to end on 2nd of October and I have received the temporary AOR from Cic. Do I need to apply for the visitor visa extension to maintain my status? Please guide me through this. Thanks
If you also applied for an open work permit (OWP), you technically have presumptive status. This status is only valid while you’re in Canada (meaning, it doesn’t help you crossing the border back into Canada), and is immediately rescinded if your PR application gets returned to you for any reason (missing signature, etc).

You can request a visitor visa extension (called a visitor record) from Canada, just in case.

Nb2508

Aug 28, 2020
If you also applied for an open work permit (OWP), you technically have presumptive status. This status is only valid while you’re in Canada (meaning, it doesn’t help you crossing the border back into Canada), and is immediately rescinded if your PR application gets returned to you for any reason (missing signature, etc).

You can request a visitor visa extension (called a visitor record) from Canada, just in case.

Yes i have also applied for the open work permit. I just wanted to make sure for the visitor visa extension. Thanks for your reply.

Razoray

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
I would just to be on the safe side you never know if your application is going to be sent back because of a missing signature or something and if you apply for a extension on line you get a confirmation of them the same day which puts you under implied status so if there is any issue with the PR application or work permit you still safe and have time to correct it

imargs

Jul 24, 2020
Late March Applicant here. Haven't received any email since the biometrics email. Hoping the temp AOR comes in this week. Hopefully I'm not the only one waiting as that would probably be a bad sign. Fingers crossed!
We're March 24th Inland, and we haven't received anything besides biometrics reminder either, you're not alone!

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
Just recieved our application back incomplete in the mail. Because we missed a zip code for one of hubbys family members. Not quite sure what this means now....after almost 7 months. Does this mean when I resubmit we will be October applicants??

Lolopizzo

Feb 1, 2020
Just recieved our application back incomplete in the mail. Because we missed a zip code for one of hubbys family members. Not quite sure what this means now....after almost 7 months. Does this mean when I resubmit we will be October applicants??
Same thing happen to me today because I missed a supporting document. Yes this means when we resubmit we are October applicants. Which considering the time it’s taking to process our applications this really sucks. I am also trying to decide whether I need to get new versions of every supporting document with new updated dates on them. Bank documents, letters of employment. Police certificates etc...because now all these documents are 7-8 months dated.

Razoray

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Same thing happen to me today because I missed a supporting document. Yes this means when we resubmit we are October applicants. Which considering the time it’s taking to process our applications this really sucks. I am also trying to decide whether I need to get new versions of every supporting document with new updated dates on them. Bank documents, letters of employment. Police certificates etc...because now all these documents are 7-8 months dated.
When was your app sent in

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Oh that's awful! Unfortunately the answer to your question is most likely yes, you'll be an October applicant. I'm so sorry.

If your application was returned with an IRCC top-sheet that has a checklist of missing items, fix the issue and send a copy of that checklist back with your application - you don't want them sending it back again for something else they didn't mention the first time. Just a little way of saying you've fixed the issue they sent it back for.

Razoray

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Same thing happened to me last year really sorry to hear that did you get the bio and AOR email at all

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
Same thing happened to me last year really sorry to hear that did you get the bio and AOR email at all
We got the bio email. Not AOR though