+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Saira Naseer

Apr 27, 2021
I think there is a backlog with passports as well. Hopefully all our applications has been approved, and we are just waiting for Oath and following processing steps. My concern will be also, if during the Oath we cut our PR cards, then backlog of further steps will actually impact us more. We won't be able to travel, etc.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
It's been 27 months test done interview done no sign of oath ceremony date . It says all steps completed on my portal. What to do
There are many of us who have passed the 27 months part - what to do indeed - I was promised that I would hear about my oath by this Friday - DOUBT IT!

Sara Arain

Oct 14, 2021
@Dreamlad Really don't know - and am so far beyond sick of this whole thing! I check that portal every morning and every night - I look forward to the day when I don't have to do that. Do keep me posted though - I have a feeling this has to be resolved before the end of July or we will both be well beyond the service standard (27 months). We have got to be two of the last May 2020 applicants left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same here totally sick of all this nonsense! One can't plan anything ahead or think of anything else. Totally stuck

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Same here totally sick of all this nonsense! One can't plan anything ahead or think of anything else. Totally stuck
Its nearly debilitating to be checking your status every ten seconds. Its very mentally draining. I feel so bad for the 2019 applicants who are still waiting for tests - never mind oaths - but I am feeling particularly sorry for myself that this aspect (oath) is yet to complete - I thought when I passed my test in October 21 I was nearly at the end of an already long journey - NEVER did I think that at the end of July I would still be waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting...... will it ever end.....:rolleyes:

2be_canadian

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Can someone update our spreadsheet

DM or everything completed on May 24th
June 16th invite for Oath
July 12th Oath ( yesterday )
Kitchener office , email came from Niagara office

Thank you

Reactions: nihon19

General66

Jan 25, 2022
Hello everyone, I was asked to submit copies of my passport through mail which I did sent and got delivered express delivery Scarborough office. it’s almost 1month and 2weeks now since I sent them the copies does anyone as a time frame when they would call me for interview or should I write them if they received the copies?

vvvvdddd

Nov 5, 2021
I received GCMS notes and I see that fingerprints were requested for one of my family member sometime last year through e-mail, which i found now in the junk folder. My question here is why didn't I saw the fingerprints requested update on both of the trackers? I submitted multiple webforms and in none of them they said fingerprints were requested or documents required.

What are my options here? Can I show up to RCMP with the expired fingerprints letter? Or do I've to contact IRCC to send me a new letter and then goto RCMP? What's the best way to contact IRCC?

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hi All,
Thought I'd give an update. While waiting for an oath (all other steps complete since Dec 2021) now after freaking 28 months...going on 29 months I just received an email to submit my fingerprints because it expired. I mean, whose fault is it that it expired?! It's frustrating that we can't hold Immigration accountable for anything. I have to retake the fingerprints which I can do, but the fact that I don't know how much longer they will take as a result is very very frustrating to say the least. Am i now again at the back of the line?! What the hell.
Has anyone resubmitted their fingerprints and then moved to the next step yet? How long did it take?
And honestly are my fingerprints changing on a yearly basis?! I can't even begin to express my frustration, it's unreal at this point

Reactions: trumprefugee

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
I received GCMS notes and I see that fingerprints were requested for one of my family member sometime last year through e-mail, which i found now in the junk folder. My question here is why didn't I saw the fingerprints requested update on both of the trackers? I submitted multiple webforms and in none of them they said fingerprints were requested or documents required.

What are my options here? Can I show up to RCMP with the expired fingerprints letter? Or do I've to contact IRCC to send me a new letter and then goto RCMP? What's the best way to contact IRCC?
You may have already taken action by now, but as I've learnt you have to try everything i.e. to contact them as well as try to go to RCMP, just incase they have a way to still submitting it. Do update on how you went about it and what worked. May help those who may encounter this situation. Thanks!

vvvvdddd

Nov 5, 2021
You may have already taken action by now, but as I've learnt you have to try everything i.e. to contact them as well as try to go to RCMP, just incase they have a way to still submitting it. Do update on how you went about it and what worked. May help those who may encounter this situation. Thanks!
Thank you for the response. So after the day I made that post, I sent out a xpress postal letter and a webform explaining my situation. On the same day I also submitted my fingerprints without having a letter from them. The fingerprints office didn't care that the fingerprints requested letter was expired. Thankfully, yesterday I received response to my webform saying my fingerprints were received and subsequently Background Check was set to COMPLETED.

Reactions: ssparkles

InTheQueue...

Oct 5, 2021
Hi All,
Thought I'd give an update. While waiting for an oath (all other steps complete since Dec 2021) now after freaking 28 months...going on 29 months I just received an email to submit my fingerprints because it expired. I mean, whose fault is it that it expired?! It's frustrating that we can't hold Immigration accountable for anything. I have to retake the fingerprints which I can do, but the fact that I don't know how much longer they will take as a result is very very frustrating to say the least. Am i now again at the back of the line?! What the hell.
Has anyone resubmitted their fingerprints and then moved to the next step yet? How long did it take?
And honestly are my fingerprints changing on a yearly basis?! I can't even begin to express my frustration, it's unreal at this point
I can't even begin to imagine how frustrated you are. I was frustrated enough when I got asked to resubmit fingerprints back in March... and it's 5 months later now. What are they doing?? I've included my timeline below to hopefully give you some hope... (I was Scarborough office) - Decision made on my file December 2021. I received 2nd fingerprints request on March 23, 2022, gave fingerprints next day on March 24, 2022. On April 12, 2022 my 2nd background check was marked as complete, and on April 26 my file was updated to say I was scheduled for the oath on May 5. So the oath scheduling was reasonably quick after my second background check was completed (I also thought having to redo the background check would mean I would go back to the back of the queue... but that turned out not to be the case). I hope things move quickly for you from here.

Reactions: ssparkles

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
I can't even begin to imagine how frustrated you are. I was frustrated enough when I got asked to resubmit fingerprints back in March... and it's 5 months later now. What are they doing?? I've included my timeline below to hopefully give you some hope... (I was Scarborough office) - Decision made on my file December 2021. I received 2nd fingerprints request on March 23, 2022, gave fingerprints next day on March 24, 2022. On April 12, 2022 my 2nd background check was marked as complete, and on April 26 my file was updated to say I was scheduled for the oath on May 5. So the oath scheduling was reasonably quick after my second background check was completed (I also thought having to redo the background check would mean I would go back to the back of the queue... but that turned out not to be the case). I hope things move quickly for you from here.
Thanks for your response, there is some relief in knowing that I won't go to the back of the line. So did you take the oath on May 5th? so are you now a citizen? Or does the passport take another few months?

Well in my case to add to things that do not need to be complicated, I submitted my fingerprints first thing on Monday August 15th morning as per the request received on Friday August 12th evening by CIC Vancouver, the finger prints were to be sent to the vancouver office. Now on August 15th evening I get an email from CPC Sydney with a request to send the fingerprints to Sydney. :rolleyes:

Obviously I can't get through to citizenship to clarify, so I called the office where I got my fingerprints and they mentioned I either do it again or go through CIC VAncouver and ask them to transfer my prints from vancouver to sydney.... As I write this I'm realizing this transfer could take 6 months o_O so I should probably just go do the fingerprints again :confused:

I've emailed CPC sydney back but I should probably not wait for a response which could take another few days. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I should just get the fingerprints done again asap right so that it just goes to damn sydney?

nihon19

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
I got the invitation for Oath ceremony. Now my question will be, how long will it take to received paperwork for travelling or maybe passport roccess is getting better ?