+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
@Orlaith I had my interview today. yesterday the immigration officer called me, to let me know that she had one open interview spot for today, we agreed to have the interview earlier than the one scheduled for next week. The interview itself took 15 minutes max. At the end she told me that she will approved my application.(I thought that "decision made" meant that the application is approved!!!). I tried to convince her to help me getting an earlier oath ceremony and she told me that it's a different department that takes care of the ceremony scheduling. at this point I'm just waiting for the ceremony. Hope that it comes after my vacation scheduled in exactly three weeks and five days.

Regards
Delighted for you! Let me know when you get the oath date!!!

kalkhal

Jul 30, 2021
@Orlaith I'm also a May 2020 applicant. Everything is completed except for the oath ceremony. I have an in person interview scheduled for next week.
Regards
Not the last two.. I am with you guys and I officially exceeded my 27 months... I emailed my MP today.. hopefully he would be able to help.. any experience with that from your side?

Reactions: Dreamlad

garry9488

Jun 10, 2016
@Orlaith I had my interview today. yesterday the immigration officer called me, to let me know that she had one open interview spot for today, we agreed to have the interview earlier than the one scheduled for next week. The interview itself took 15 minutes max. At the end she told me that she will approved my application.(I thought that "decision made" meant that the application is approved!!!). I tried to convince her to help me getting an earlier oath ceremony and she told me that it's a different department that takes care of the ceremony scheduling. at this point I'm just waiting for the ceremony. Hope that it comes after my vacation scheduled in exactly three weeks and five days.

Regards
Hello @Orlaith congrats on finishing your interview! What number did the officer call you on? Do they pull the phone number from the citizenship application?

VUPtoYOW

Star Member
Jan 14, 2018
Not the last two.. I am with you guys and I officially exceeded my 27 months... I emailed my MP today.. hopefully he would be able to help.. any experience with that from your side?
I already exceeded the 27 months, does it mean that my application has stalled or something?

Reactions: Dreamlad

Shamon

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Hi All,
all my status turned to "completed" except the ceremony (ceremony said not started yet). I am just wondering how long usually does it take to receive the ceremony invitation/email? Thanks in advance for your time.

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hello all, I did my interview yesterday and the agent didn’t really say much, just said she will connect with me if she requires any further documents. Today I saw there was just a ghost update, but nothing was completed. So what does that mean?

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hello All,
I've been in a similar boat as many of you and the frustration is real. I'm a March 2020 applicant! and STILL waiting for the oath ceremony. My status online showed complete for everything except 'Citizenship Ceremony' since December 2021. Sometime in the last 2 weeks my 'background check' has turned to 'In Progress'. I contacted my local MP in May and they had got the GCMS notes for me and metioned that my fingerprints would expire and Immigrtion may or may not ask me for it and I should wait and see. (How is this even okay to maybe re-ask for documents due to their own delays.....:mad:)
Anyway, anger aside, I'm thiking if I should take the old fingerprint request letter and go get RCMP fingerprints again and have then send it to CIC even though they haven't asked for it yet. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions or experience around this?
I'm also thinking of calling and asking what to do even though this may not work. Has anyone had any luck calling?
Thanks in Advance!

nihon19

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
I received my ATIP request, it tooks 3-4 weeks. Seems we are just waiting for Oath ceremony. I guess there's really a very long backlog.

Reactions: ssparkles

nihon19

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Hello All,
I've been in a similar boat as many of you and the frustration is real. I'm a March 2020 applicant! and STILL waiting for the oath ceremony. My status online showed complete for everything except 'Citizenship Ceremony' since December 2021. Sometime in the last 2 weeks my 'background check' has turned to 'In Progress'. I contacted my local MP in May and they had got the GCMS notes for me and metioned that my fingerprints would expire and Immigrtion may or may not ask me for it and I should wait and see. (How is this even okay to maybe re-ask for documents due to their own delays.....:mad:)
Anyway, anger aside, I'm thiking if I should take the old fingerprint request letter and go get RCMP fingerprints again and have then send it to CIC even though they haven't asked for it yet. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions or experience around this?
I'm also thinking of calling and asking what to do even though this may not work. Has anyone had any luck calling?
Thanks in Advance!
I think there is a backlog with passports as well. Hopefully all our applications has been approved, and we are just waiting for Oath and following processing steps. My concern will be also, if during the Oath we cut our PR cards, then backlog of further steps will actually impact us more. We won't be able to travel, etc.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hello All,
Thanks in Advance!
I am a May 2020 applicant and finished my test in October 21. No oath yet. Ottawa - SO SICK of this now!