+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

General66

Jan 25, 2022
Hi everyone, I need your suggestions. I was told at the interview that my fingerprint as expired last month and I would be getting a 2nd FP request in the email. My question is how long does it take for them to send the 2nd FP request or should I go ahead and send them the FP before receiving the email?

Spielo

Star Member
May 21, 2016
I finally received an oath invite for October 19th today.

Could someone update the spreadsheet as follows:
  • Decision made December 7th 2021
  • Oath letter date September 27th 2022
  • Oath date October 19th 2022
  • Office is now Ottawa, not Toronto (I moved!)
Honestly, I'm not even happy or excited about it anymore, just angry at IRCC and our government's failures.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018

Honestly, I'm not even happy or excited about it anymore, just angry at IRCC and our government's failures.
Wow, so they sent you oath 10 months after decisions made?

I can understand your frustration. It should be unacceptable.

Reactions: trumprefugee

Spielo

Star Member
May 21, 2016
Wow, so they sent you oath 10 months after decisions made?

I can understand your frustration. It should be unacceptable.
Not only that, but I had requested urgent processing from the start for employment reasons. They never acknowledged the urgent processing request, despite multiple follow-ups from myself and my MP's office.

IRCC is a disgrace and should be forced to pay compensation for the loss of earnings I suffered as a result of their failures. But there's no accountability. None whatsoever.

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Not only that, but I had requested urgent processing from the start for employment reasons. They never acknowledged the urgent processing request, despite multiple follow-ups from myself and my MP's office.

IRCC is a disgrace and should be forced to pay compensation for the loss of earnings I suffered as a result of their failures. But there's no accountability. None whatsoever.
Hello @Spielo , so sorry to hear about what you had to go through. You are absolutely right though, lives are at hold because of this. Even I’m stuck with couple of career options due to this whole citizenship process. Even though I am an august 2020 applicant, but it’s still crazy. I’m also on DM and no reply regarding oath. Btw, which office are you?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello @Spielo , so sorry to hear about what you had to go through. You are absolutely right though, lives are at hold because of this. Even I’m stuck with couple of career options due to this whole citizenship process. Even though I am an august 2020 applicant, but it’s still crazy. I’m also on DM and no reply regarding oath. Btw, which office are you?
It's disgraceful that decision has been made on 2020 applicants and they are not being called for oath.

I am not sure what can be done but reach out to your MPs as frequently as possible. Pull out GCMS notes every month, call them often. Anything that can get them to move.

It's outrageous that paper applicants from May 2022 are getting oath invitations while you guys are still waiting.

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
It's disgraceful that decision has been made on 2020 applicants and they are not being called for oath.

I am not sure what can be done but reach out to your MPs as frequently as possible. Pull out GCMS notes every month, call them often. Anything that can get them to move.

It's outrageous that paper applicants from May 2022 are getting oath invitations while you guys are still waiting.
It definitly is extremely horrible what they are doing. I recently sent them a webform and they sent an automated message mentioning that they are prioritizing and will process as soon as possible. I’m seeing applicants from 2021 and 2022 already done with everything and here I am still waiting.

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hi guys, do you know if when we write a webform message to CIC asking for an update, do they actually look into the file or just send an automated message back to us

Spielo

Star Member
May 21, 2016
Hi guys, do you know if when we write a webform message to CIC asking for an update, do they actually look into the file or just send an automated message back to us
There's no real way to know, but don't expect anything more than a confirmation that your application is still in progress.

Spielo

Star Member
May 21, 2016
I live in Ottawa, but my oath invitation confirms that my office was switched to Niagara Falls (like many others).

Can't say I'm surprised, Ottawa is a city of unbelievably lazy and entitled government workers. The city where productivity comes to die.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I live in Ottawa, but my oath invitation confirms that my office was switched to Niagara Falls (like many others).

Can't say I'm surprised, Ottawa is a city of unbelievably lazy and entitled government workers. The city where productivity comes to die.
I heard all oath scheduling is handled by Niagara Falls office.

Reactions: Spielo

ymatsakova

Oct 29, 2021

I feel your pain.. My timeline is very similar:
AOR: 2020 May
Test: 2021 October
DM: 2022 February
Oath date 2022 November

Sydney, NS office

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hi guys I’m an august 2020 applicant mississauga . Waiting for oath date. I got a ghost update on Friday but not sure what that means. Anyone know?