+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
25 months. Do you think we will get update this morning?
@Dreamlad Really don't know - and am so far beyond sick of this whole thing! I check that portal every morning and every night - I look forward to the day when I don't have to do that. Do keep me posted though - I have a feeling this has to be resolved before the end of July or we will both be well beyond the service standard (27 months). We have got to be two of the last May 2020 applicants left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Dreamlad

237mota

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
@Dreamlad Really don't know - and am so far beyond sick of this whole thing! I check that portal every morning and every night - I look forward to the day when I don't have to do that. Do keep me posted though - I have a feeling this has to be resolved before the end of July or we will both be well beyond the service standard (27 months). We have got to be two of the last May 2020 applicants left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Orlaith I'm also a May 2020 applicant. Everything is completed except for the oath ceremony. I have an in person interview scheduled for next week.
Regards

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
@Orlaith I'm also a May 2020 applicant. Everything is completed except for the oath ceremony. I have an in person interview scheduled for next week.
Regards
@237mota Good luck with that. I spoke with another May 2020 applicant who had an interview last week and the officer told her she would have the oath within a month...... let us know how you get on.

zackeentry

Mar 11, 2016
Just want to share an update with the group, I got a DM today after 27 months

Timeline:

Mailed out application: March 2020
AOR: Sept 2020
Background Check: April 2021
Test Scheduled: April 2022
Test Done: May 2022
DM: June 2022

Not sure how long am I going to wait for Oath, but at this point I don't even care now......

237mota

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
@237mota Good luck with that. I spoke with another May 2020 applicant who had an interview last week and the officer told her she would have the oath within a month...... let us know how you get on.
@Orlaith I will keep you guys posted. I have a flight scheduled in four weeks exactly. What ever happens I will deal with it once I get back.
Regards

237mota

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
Everything always works out eventually.
@Orlaith I had my interview today. yesterday the immigration officer called me, to let me know that she had one open interview spot for today, we agreed to have the interview earlier than the one scheduled for next week. The interview itself took 15 minutes max. At the end she told me that she will approved my application.(I thought that "decision made" meant that the application is approved!!!). I tried to convince her to help me getting an earlier oath ceremony and she told me that it's a different department that takes care of the ceremony scheduling. at this point I'm just waiting for the ceremony. Hope that it comes after my vacation scheduled in exactly three weeks and five days.

Regards