Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thank you for answering most of the queries here on the forum. My AOR is March 2020 and passed medicals in May 2020, post which I received a BIL in May 2020. Since visa offices in India currently does not allow biometric appointments for Express Entry programs, can I visit another country (Nepal in particular) and give my biometrics there? Also, since my BIL is more than 90 days old, do I have to request IRCC to send me another BIL or will the original one be sufficient?
You can go to any country where you are permitted to give BIL. IRCC has already clarified this in one of its tweets:

As regards the BIL letter, that too has been clarified by IRCC (see page 1 of the thread):

IRCC has informed that the biometric instruction letter (BIL) cannot be amended and IRCC will continue to advise applicants that they have 30 days from the date of the letter to give their biometrics. However, in the most recent program delivered update IRCC has informed that if the site closest to you is closed, IRCC will automatically extend your biometrics deadline to give your biometrics. You do not have to give your biometrics until the sites reopen. This applies to you, even if your biometrics instruction letter (BIL) says you have 30 or 90 days.

Also, you don’t have to contact IRCC for this extension, and you don’t need a new BIL to make another appointment when sites reopen. You can bring your original BIL to your new appointment to show proof of payment, even if time frame mentioned on BIL is expired. To keep updated on the most recent updates in BIL see here.

eduardo_brazil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2020
Toronto. Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020
Thanks you all for sharing info about the security and criminality backlogs. This wait has been insanely frustrating, I’m now expecting this PR to come anytime throughout the year... :(
anyone knows what “Info sharing” in the GMC notes mean? (Other than literally information being shared...) mine is “in progress” like criminality...

Feb 24, 2021
Hi everyone, long-time follower here. This is my first post.

March AOR 2020.
FSW outland - now Inland through partner's WP
Biometrics in July 2020
Medical - expired but no one reached out to ask for it
GCMS notes - got back in June, asked for it again last week.
VO Ottawa

Planning to go back to school in Fall 2021 but it's contingent on my PR approval. It has been almost a year and I am getting very irritated as I may not be able to enter (obviously I can not afford international fees and want to be a domestic student...)

I don't know if this was shared before but I was just made aware of this by a friend.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7648829/canadian-education-pr-smu/

New Canadian forced to defer university education twice after lengthy government delays by Alexa MacLean in Global News Feb 18th

Do you think this can be used as a precedent?

Thank you in advance and I do wish everyone here lots of PATIENCE in these torturous times. We will get through it...

shortgriaffe

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Anyone considering Writ of Mandamus against Sydney CIO?
Honestly, a lack of transparent communication regarding its timeline, and processing applications accepted at a later date is pissing me off.
I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way. I understand the whole shenanigans about how officers cannot come into the office to work.
But that still does not explain why they are handing out CoPR to August applicants. I'd like to know what's going behind their operations to understand the delay. Don't just tell me oh every application is different. Give me some compelling reason why you guys are not processing march applications.

Feb 20, 2021
Honestly, a lack of transparent communication regarding its timeline, and processing applications accepted at a later date is pissing me off.
I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way. I understand the whole shenanigans about how officers cannot come into the office to work.
But that still does not explain why they are handing out CoPR to August applicants. I'd like to know what's going behind their operations to understand the delay. Don't just tell me oh every application is different. Give me some compelling reason why you guys are not processing march applications.
While a legally “correct” course of action, I wonder if the added judicial red-tape and intricacies of obtaining a mandamus would potentially outweigh its benefits. Should affected applicants proceed by way of a class action (likely not, if damages are not being claimed)? Will the matter fall under the jurisdiction of the Nova Scotia Supreme Court or is a Federal Court anywhere else in Canada intra vires to grant a mandamus compelling a governmental agency based in Nova Scotia to act? Who will be paying any legal fees incurred?

I simply find preposterous the pretext that the backlog is wholy attributable to only critical staff being allowed into IRCC premises to conduct the review of files given the endless stream of new draws, of particular note being the most recent February round of invitations wherein the cut-off score was a scandalous 75 (no offense to those who got invited; I’m sure you all deserved your turn).

As far as the uniqueness of each application necessitating varying degrees of thorough examination - welp, how does an English-French bilingual, celibate, law-abiding applicant working in the legal sector compare? I thought talent, which I’m sure many of us possess in spades, was appreciated. Apparently not.

It is almost ironic to think that some of us were frustrated enough with the bureaucracy we have experienced in our respective native countries to seek out a new life in a country ostensibly less afflicted by the usual ills of an admnistrative regime, i.e. a lack of transparency and accountability. Have we come to the right place?

More importantly, should we go to CBC Marketplace or The Fifth Estate ?

bgpatel

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Yeah. This is getting serious man. I am having constant headaches and anxiety every day except only when I sleep. My and my wife's life is blocked. If my mental status go bad, IRCC is to blame.

Reactions: SVSD

kumar55

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

In my latest GCMS notes Criminality is PASSED, and Security is BLANK,
Does this mean "Security is not started " or is Security also PASSED ?

And the latest NOTES 1 by officer says : Applications appears RFV, PA COR : Canada , Spouse COR : India, Dependent Child COR : India,

could you please let me know in what stage my file is with the above comment,
And also if you have any insight if IRCC is holding back to approvals of COPR for PA inland with outland dependent's.

Advanced Thanks for your guidance and help.