+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Hi All, Need your advice. I haven't applied gcms notes before. I am about to submit consent forms to getgcms.com but which one I should choose? IRCC or CBSA? Please kindly advice.
From what I heard CBSA has way less notes to process and may be faster. Not sure about the difference in terms of contents, tough.

Reactions: RARUETEV

Dragonsoul

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
PNP
Hi All, Need your advice. I haven't applied gcms notes before. I am about to submit consent forms to getgcms.com but which one I should choose? IRCC or CBSA? Please kindly advice.
CBSA are the agents at the border, they just can give you information about your security process, the one you are looking info from is the IRCC

Reactions: RARUETEV

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
i got my gcms notes as per notes my file was approved on 26 novemeber but i got copr in feb.... huge delays for generating ecopr

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
All stages passed in GCMS since 4 months ago. I have applied for BOWP since Dec 15. Supposed to be taking about 4 weeks but still haven't received anything. BOWP will exceed processing times this week. PGWP expires next week. I considering applying for PGWP extension next week under the new public policy. It seems not necessary, but I feel complacent if I let my PGWP expire and later wish I had taken advantage of this public policy. If my pgwp expires, then I would no longer be eligible. As part of BOWP app, I got a message from IRCC saying I am ok to keep working under same conditions until end of April. Will the PGWP application have any impact on the implied status from the BOWP application or do I automatically have implied status from the new PGWP application too? @legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
All stages passed in GCMS since 4 months ago. I have applied for BOWP since Dec 15. Supposed to be taking about 4 weeks but still haven't received anything. BOWP will exceed processing times this week. PGWP expires next week. I considering applying for PGWP extension next week under the new public policy. It seems not necessary, but I feel complacent if I let my PGWP expire and later wish I had taken advantage of this public policy. If my pgwp expires, then I would no longer be eligible. As part of BOWP app, I got a message from IRCC saying I am ok to keep working under same conditions until end of April. Will the PGWP application have any impact on the implied status from the BOWP application or do I automatically have implied status from the new PGWP application too? @legalfalcon
Applying for a PGWP will not have any impact, but PGWP comes with conditions, where as BOWP is an open work permit without conditions.

Currently you are under implied status, since your period of authorized stay is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)].

You can either have PGWP or BOWP, but not both. When you submit a PGWP extension application, it will not be processed until your BOWP is processed and once done, you will not need a PGWP extension.

Swapsri88

Jul 12, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon Good day to you, What is the reason IRCC has made the applications stuck in criminality and security stage for thousands of candidates. Can we eexpect the back logs to be clear or should we rely on our respective permit application to stay in canada.I am afraid that my application will be lost and forgot.If I withdraw now will I get refund considering my eligibility is passed.

Thanks for your help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon Good day to you, What is the reason IRCC has made the applications stuck in criminality and security stage for thousands of candidates. Can we eexpect the back logs to be clear or should we rely on our respective permit application to stay in canada.I am afraid that my application will be lost and forgot.If I withdraw now will I get refund considering my eligibility is passed.

Thanks for your help.
You should not be relaying on your PR application to be approved to maintain your status in Canada. If your status is about to expire, then apply for a BOWP, or WP extensions so that you are not out of status.

Applications are stuck in Criminality and Security for multiple reasons, and one of the major one being that both Criminality and Security are done by partner agencies and not entirely by IRCC.

For criminality, IRCC has to rely on RCMP, see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

For Security CBSA / CSIS and other partner agencies. See https://bit.ly/3apWglN

There are backlogs for both security and criminality.

The backlogs will clear, but when, is a debatable questions. Also, IRCC has been experiencing backlogs in its own operations too.

No application will be lost or forgotten. It may take time, but a determination will have to be made on all applications.

mamunhussaini

Feb 23, 2021
@legalfalcon Thank you for answering most of the queries here on the forum. My AOR is March 2020 and passed medicals in May 2020, post which I received a BIL in May 2020. Since visa offices in India currently does not allow biometric appointments for Express Entry programs, can I visit another country (Nepal in particular) and give my biometrics there? Also, since my BIL is more than 90 days old, do I have to request IRCC to send me another BIL or will the original one be sufficient?