+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Anyone considering Writ of Mandamus against Sydney CIO?
Honestly, a lack of transparent communication regarding its timeline, and processing applications accepted at a later date is pissing me off.
I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way. I understand the whole shenanigans about how officers cannot come into the office to work.
But that still does not explain why they are handing out CoPR to August applicants. I'd like to know what's going behind their operations to understand the delay. Don't just tell me oh every application is different. Give me some compelling reason why you guys are not processing march applications.
I think everyone who has completed 1 year of waiting should group together and then file the writ of mandamus. This way our writ will have some weight. I am ready to do that but need more people.

Invisibleguy

Oct 22, 2020
Hello all!!
Aor : march 25,2020
Security not started yet on profile , since last 5months nobody touched the file and no movemand it made me feel so depressed.

my PGWP is expiring in mid april, so can i apply for BOWP a week before pgwp is expiring or is it better to do it right now? I am waiting for Copr or any movement on file but as per the current situation, i am feeling hopeless. please help me that what should i do in this case?

Also, is it better to apply for an new extension policy or should go with Bowp only?? Please help @legalfalcon @Parthg011

any information will be appreciated
Thankyou

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello all!!
Aor : march 25,2020
Security not started yet on profile , since last 5months nobody touched the file and no movemand it made me feel so depressed.

my PGWP is expiring in mid april, so can i apply for BOWP a week before pgwp is expiring or is it better to do it right now? I am waiting for Copr or any movement on file but as per the current situation, i am feeling hopeless. please help me that what should i do in this case?

Also, is it better to apply for an new extension policy or should go with Bowp only?? Please help @legalfalcon @Parthg011

any information will be appreciated
Thankyou
Whether to apply for BOWP or PGWP will depend on your individual circumstances.

To be eligible for BOWP, you must meet the following:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
    • we send this letter to your account after we get your permanent residence application
BOWP will give you more flexibility. However, a PGWP will have some conditions to it, but is as good as BOWP.

Many applications are pending security. Security only starts when IRCC sends a request to the National Security Screening Division (NSSD) and screening partners. Since many applications have not been touched, this explains the delay.

Also, for inland applications, you may just be subject to a record check, as opposed to comprehensive check, which is fairly quick. To read on security screening ion general and record check vs comprehensive check, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Reactions: JaxT

bgpatel

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Thanks for sharing, have you seen any ghost updates recently?
I saw a GU on 20th Feb. I was doubting if it's an indication of application progressing or because of I ordered gcms 2 weeks ago. But agent told everything was passed on 20th Feb. So I think it was a GU I was looking for.

bgurpreet106

Oct 18, 2020
It seems like only CEC candidate are getting the COPRs. I know most of the CEC applicants are also stuck in between like other applicants. But all the candidates who got COPR, are CEC only.
Thats really not good part of IRCC. kindly share if any other INLANDER apart of CEC got COPR?

Reactions: SVSD and nitin1304

ontariorayman

Feb 26, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am in the same boat as everyone else here. I have lost all my confidence in IRCC, especially after they announced that they are processing the CEC applications in full swing but for all other categories they have limited processing capacity :(

I applied for BCPNP in Feb 2020 and it was approved in 3 days (tech-pilot), I was so amazed at the efficiency with which they were processing applications back then, and then COVID hit, that messed everything up. My AOR was March 29 and I got a request for biometrics on May 28, 2020. But Service Canada centers were closed and there was nothing I could do about it. They gradually started calling people and gave them appointments to give their biometrics, but I never received that call. In Dec 2020, they reopened the online booking system and I gave mine on Dec 01. I have applied for GCMS notes twice and the last time they were pulled (Jan 08), they show they did the criminality check back in July 2020 but it was not marked complete because of pending biometrics, no one has touched the file since then.

I planned to go to Uni in Fall 2021, all this is going to cause unnecessary delays with my planned timeline. The worst part is the lack of communication from IRCC, they need to be more transparent about what they are up to. It is quite pathetic. Tbh this situation is causing a lot of frustration and affecting my mental health every day.

Is there something we can do together to put some pressure on them? A few people here mentioned the 'writ of mandamus', how feasible and effective is it?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
It seems like only CEC candidate are getting the COPRs. I know most of the CEC applicants are also stuck in between like other applicants. But all the candidates who got COPR, are CEC only.
Thats really not good part of IRCC. kindly share if any other INLANDER apart of CEC got COPR?
They were clear in the fact that CEC applications are the priority at the moment. This is likely going to be true until all CEC applicants are processed, including the 27,000 recently invited. This does not mean that other streams are going to be in hold forever, but they will definitely going to be processed at a very low pace.

Ojay1

Feb 21, 2020
They were clear in the fact that CEC applications are the priority at the moment. This is likely going to be true until all CEC applicants are processed, including the 27,000 recently invited. This does not mean that other streams are going to be in hold forever, but they will definitely going to be processed at a very low pace.
Better to keep mum rather than vomit this discomforting comment of yours.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Better to keep mum rather than vomit this discomforting comment of yours.
I thought that as long as I do not offend anyone I am free to write whatever I want, especially if it is the truth, as in this case (see here). As I said, they will still process non-CEC applications, but at a slower pace.
You are also free not to read my comments if you want, but you are not free to tell me to shut up just because you do not like what I write.

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
@Ojay1 hold your horses cowboy, @matteosc is dropping truth. Be angry at IRCC, not fellow victims of their reckless behaviour like @matteosc. Processing 27,000 people before applicants who had applied six (!) months earlier is bonkers! They must be doing meth like lots of locals on the streets. I see no other way of explaining their decision-making process. That frustration is past the boiling point. We’re now in the news and in the house but those wankers won’t do anything. That minister is off his rails, saying that they hit the KPI metrics when we know it’s fake.

Ojay1

Feb 21, 2020
I thought that as long as I do not offend anyone I am free to write whatever I want, especially if it is the truth, as in this case (see here). As I said, they will still process non-CEC applications, but at a slower pace.
You are also free not to read my comments if you want, but you are not free to tell me to shut up just because you do not like what I write.
I got the impression the guy whose comments you replied to just wanted some comforting words even though we hope the truth won’t be as brutal and unkind(on the part of IRCC) as you candidly put it.
Sorry mate, not mad at you.
These guys are messing with minds.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
I got the impression the guy whose comments you replied to just wanted some comforting words even though we hope the truth won’t be as brutal and unkind(on the part of IRCC) as you candidly put it.
Sorry mate, not mad at you.
These guys are messing with minds.
No problems, I totally understand the frustration. Things will get better, vaccines are being distributed and borders will reopen. Things will get back to normal, it will just take some time.

bgurpreet106

Oct 18, 2020
@Ojay1 yes my friend,, i just want to have get some optimistic feel to listen from some non CEC corp holders, despite the fact that we all know IRCC dont give a damn about our feeling of frustration and trauma.. @matteosc thanks for sharing your kind views on this current situation of all of us. After reading your first message, i was quite disheartened (though that was the truth you uttered) but still,, lets hope and pray for ourselves and everyone whose stuck in this scenario. Peace..

Reactions: Ranger91

Rina1021

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
I tried to send email yesterday on both office IRCC minister and PM office about my situation right now, and here’s what I get from PM office reply.

On behalf of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence.

I recognize why you have written to the Prime Minister and asked for assistance; however, I hope you will understand that he is unable to personally intervene in this matter.

In your correspondence, you raise an issue that falls within the portfolio of the Honourable Marco Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship. I have therefore taken the liberty of forwarding your email to Minister Mendicino for information and consideration.

Thank you for taking the time to write.

J.P. Vachon
Manager/Gestionnaire
Executive Correspondence Services
for the Prime Minister's Office