+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Cnic93

Feb 15, 2021
I'm confused about that as well. In the CoPR document they asked me to reply to an email address if im outside canada. If i'm inside canada, i need to send my pic to IRCC for my PR card. But, they didnt mention anything about expiry date or anything. It's only showing up on my online portal. I dont know what that means. Could anyone here please let me know? They did mention that this CoPR document is valid for one year.
I was thinking about this too. My copr expiry is a couple of days after a year since I had my medical and a guy I know has the expiry as his passport expiration date. My (admittedly non-expert) opinion is that either this copr expiry doesn’t mean anything for inland landed prs or that we should send our pr photos by this date.

If somebody like @legalfalcon could let us know what they think that would be great.

Is your expiry date soon? Mine is just over a month away.

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Status of Express Entry applications Last updated: 01-19-2021

• Canadian experience class
    • We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
      • You may experience delays in processing because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19
    • We started processing applications received the week of August 12, 2020.
  • Other Express Entry applications
    • We have limited capacity to process applications and you may experience delays
    • We’ll update this when timelines become available.
What's the meaning of: "We started processing applications received the week of August 12, 2020"?

Does this mean that they only started processing after Aug. 12th, 2020? Or the applications sent after this date?
I can't seem to understand.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Everyone,

Just got my application approved and received my CoPR in the email. Have been a silent follower of this group since march 2020. Thank you guys and especially @legalfalcon you have been great moral support for many of us here throughout the process. I am also one of the march waiting list from last year. Hope all the remaining applicants also will receive it soon.

AOR - March 9, 2020
Medical Passed - April 7, 2020
Biometrics Submitted - Sep 30, 2020
Eligibility Passed by Officer - September, 2020
CoPR - Feb 16, 2021 ( Background approved on the same day today)

I'm currently outside of canada and came here to visit my family in india. Could anyone please let me know if they had the same situation and how to proceed. In the CoPR, they asked me to email them if i'm out of country. I just have a couple of questions if any of you know about this.

1. What does that expiry date mentioned in the application status? It is mentioned one week from today.
2. Can i travel back to canada with my current TRV from my work permit?

Thanks,
Karthik
Congratulations!!

If you received your COPR, and it is signed by an officer, then all your visas are cancelled as you are now a PR and do not need visas. To travel back, you will need a PRTD or a AL.

Since you are a worker in Canada, you are entitled to travel back, however, you will have to ask IRCC on what documents will they approve for your travel back.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I was thinking about this too. My copr expiry is a couple of days after a year since I had my medical and a guy I know has the expiry as his passport expiration date. My (admittedly non-expert) opinion is that either this copr expiry doesn’t mean anything for inland landed prs or that we should send our pr photos by this date.

If somebody like @legalfalcon could let us know what they think that would be great.

Is your expiry date soon? Mine is just over a month away.
@ksugumar412

The expiry date is the date before which you have to land in Canada and get your cOPR activated / stamped. The pic you have to send is for your PR card.

For inland applicants the cOPR is sent which is already signed by an officer, so the day you received the cOPR, you are a PR. However, if you are outside Canada, you will need a travel document to travel back, such as PRTD, or PR card.

Cnic93

Feb 15, 2021
@ksugumar412

The expiry date is the date before which you have to land in Canada and get your cOPR activated / stamped. The pic you have to send is for your PR card.

For inland applicants the cOPR is sent which is already signed by an officer, so the day you received the cOPR, you are a PR. However, if you are outside Canada, you will need a travel document to travel back, such as PRTD, or PR card.
Thank you so much for your help @legalfalcon

Best wishes to everyone else. I’m rooting for all of you!

Reactions: legalfalcon

Manpreetsingh106

Jul 15, 2018
AOR: 16 March 2020.
Medical pass: 04 May 2020
Additional Document provided 9 June 2020
Biometrics given: 1 October 2020
No ghost updates till now,
VO Ottawa
Called IRCC last Monday, They said
Eligibility is passed,
Med Passed
Background done
Security is done
Criminality is Under Process.
They also said it took 5 to 6 weeks to Process Criminality check No ideas when they started doing this.
This is getting really frustrating and watching people with April, May and June AOR are getting COPR.

Reactions: bgpatel

bgpatel

Star Member
May 7, 2019
VO Ottawa
Eligibility is passed,
Med Passed
Background done
Security is done
They also said it took 5 to 6 weeks to Process Criminality check No ideas when they started doing this.
This is getting really frustrating and watching people with April, May and June AOR are getting COPR.
Same here man. 18 March AOR CEC still waiting. Most of my friends from June - August got copr.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
VO Ottawa
Eligibility is passed,
Med Passed
Background done
Security is done
My Criminality is "In Progress" since April 2020. I start wondering if it takes 5-6 weeks or 5-6 years...

Reactions: EstherNnnanna

sweta soni

Nov 27, 2014
My Criminality is "In Progress" since April 2020. I start wondering if it takes 5-6 weeks or 5-6 years...
VO Ottawa
Eligibility is passed,
Med Passed
Background done
Security is done
same here. They said your criminality started in April 2020. Not sure what they are doing with our applications. It will be almost 1 year by next month.

sd00

Feb 17, 2021
Hey everyone,
I have WP expiring next month and I am deciding weather to apply for BOWP or for the 18 month extension. I have a few questions:
Does anyone know what is the usual expire date for BOWP? (6 months / 1 year ? )
Also, is it about the same processing time to get BOWP and the other WP?
I am asking this just so if CIC is still delaying the applications, then I don't have to apply for BOWP twice if the expiry date on it is in short term.
@legalfalcon your input will be appreciated as well!

Also, to all warriors of MARCH AOR, we have been tested! My application is stuck on criminality as well. Hopefully, we all get the results soon as its already been much longer than anticipated. Hang in there!

KitKat22

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
same here. They said your criminality started in April 2020. Not sure what they are doing with our applications. It will be almost 1 year by next month.
They need biometrics to check criminality unless you are exempt. There were plenty of times when people would get criminality passed the next day after biometrics submission. Meaning, that no one is opening our files....

yjus

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
What does criminality valid means? Mine became valid recently. I dont know what that means though.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
What does criminality valid means? Mine became valid recently. I dont know what that means though.
"Valid" is used in reference to documents. In this case it should mean that all the documents regarding criminality have been received and accepted and they did not expire yet.