+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020
In Similar situation, AOR March 9th 2020 ans still waiting. Medicals expired in Nov which got extended for another year this month. Calling client support center never help. Web form doesn't help.
Frustrated...
hello, i hv same situation med expired nov 14 but still not extended or re med . how much time exactly took for extension?

ahmfd

Jan 29, 2021
Hello everyone,
I have been following this forum religiously. I am in dire need of your help and suggestions. Below are details about my application.
I applied for Express Entry with Manitoba PNP (inland applicant) and my dependent spouse is outland.

AOR: March 10, 2020
Medical passed: April 15, 2020 (primary applicant and spouse outland)
Biometric request: April 15, 2020
Spouse Biometric completed: August 4, 2020
Primary Applicant Biometric completed: December 1, 2020

Eligibility is still in review. GCMS notes says, further reviewed required by officer for STAT Questions.
Criminality is in progress
Security not started.
Other than medicals nothing is completed.

First GCMS notes were requested in August received in September. Second were ordered in November received in first week of January 2021.
They both are replica of each other. There is just an addition of that Primary applicant called, information provided.

@legalfalcon @andy108 please advise on my application. I am hitting a wall now. Honestly, my mental health is deteriorating every single day.

My friend applied for PR with Manitoba PNP in Feb 2020, through paper application, he has also received his COPR in 11 months whereas his processing time was 21 month.

EropbI4

May 29, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have been following this forum religiously. I am in dire need of your help and suggestions. Below are details about my application.
I applied for Express Entry with Manitoba PNP (inland applicant) and my dependent spouse is outland.

Eligibility is still in review. GCMS notes says, further reviewed required by officer for STAT Questions.
Security not started.

First GCMS notes were requested in August received in September. Second were ordered in November received in first week of January 2021.
They both are replica of each other. There is just an addition of that Primary applicant called, information provided.

@legalfalcon @andy108 please advise on my application. I am hitting a wall now. Honestly, my mental health is deteriorating every single day.

My friend applied for PR with Manitoba PNP in Feb 2020, through paper application, he has also received his COPR in 11 months whereas his processing time was 21 month.
Write to Manitoba’s MP to speed up

ahmfd

Jan 29, 2021
Write to Manitoba’s MP to speed up
I contacted MP office in November, they have contacted Immigration Dept., they responded it is taking long because of COVID. I am in contact with MP office but they are of no help either. I am literally hitting a wall.

EropbI4

May 29, 2020
I contacted MP office in November, they have contacted Immigration Dept., they responded it is taking long because of COVID. I am in contact with MP office but they are of no help either. I am literally hitting a wall.
Don’t stress too much. there are many of us who are hitting the wall, someday this wall will fall, and every family member will be together!

Reactions: KDM13 and Twee

Ranger91

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Does the status of COPR show ’Not Started’ for u as well ? I read somewhere on the forum that some candidates have ’In queue’ or ‘Generate’

And wonder what that ’Valid to 2021/03/01’ signifies ?

anyway lets hope for the best

Yes i have the same as you, mines is valid to 2021/03/12 which is exactly a year since my AOR.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone,

Security not started.

@legalfalcon please advise on my application. I am hitting a wall now. Honestly, my mental health is deteriorating every single day.

If you have answered yes to any of the statutory questions, i.e. a prior visa refusal then you will have a RR.

I had an old post on RR, re-posting it here.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Sarahhodge88

Jan 29, 2021
March 10th AOR, Myself and my husband except from biometrics but as our eldest daughter turned 14 since arriving in Canada so we had to wait to have them done .... finally managed to get those done the 29th December. Since then we have had no updates other than ghost updates. Today I finally managed to get through to an agent who told me everything was passed and VO is Sydney. Any clue on how long I will be waiting for COPR? I hear there's a bit of a backlog

ahmfd

Jan 29, 2021
If you have answered yes to any of the statutory questions, i.e. a prior visa refusal then you will have a RR.

I had an old post on RR, re-posting it here.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.
It says Recommendation: Review Required - Stat Question
I applied for first application in Feb which was returned/rejected because my Spouse's PCC wasn't covering 10 years period.
I re-applied in March, so I had to answer yes to STAT question and stated the reason.

Now I am just in a shock that why is it taking them so long to do this review? it is in Etobicoke for over 6 months. Two GCMS notes with gap of 4-5 months shows no progress at all.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
It says Recommendation: Review Required - Stat Question
I applied for first application in Feb which was returned/rejected because my Spouse's PCC wasn't covering 10 years period.
I re-applied in March, so I had to answer yes to STAT question and stated the reason.

Now I am just in a shock that why is it taking them so long to do this review? it is in Etobicoke for over 6 months. Two GCMS notes with gap of 4-5 months shows no progress at all.
Don't be too concerned if there has been no progress, as many applications are in the same situation and it is just an administrative delay. As regards stat question, any time you answer yes to one, it will have a RR.

Rohan88g

Star Member
May 22, 2020
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
I have received my gcms notes quite some time back and had a few queries around my eligibility.

My aor is March 12 and all stages passed since Oct 29th. Latest notes by an officer is ***PACE***FINDEC pending on Oct 29th

1. As you can see, The program assistant has not mentioned anything regarding my work experience (both Canadian and Foreign for which I have claimed points. He/she has mentioned review required because I have mentioned yes for a stat question due to a previous refusal (lack of documentation for work experience in my precious application). Is this normal ?

2. On 20th May, the officer has simply noted - Eligibility passed. Pending Biometrics * 2 (my wife’s and my biometrics) and he/she too mentioned nothing related to my work experience. I am wondering why, when in fact most of the notes that I see have loads of mention of the work related points acquired etc ?

3. There is no review by any case analyst at all, Only Program assistant and officer review is present. Is this normal ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Aug 11, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

i applied for gcms notes 50 days ago and got it today. But to my disappointment, the only difference between my last gcms notes 2 months ago is very small and subtle.
the only pending is security
Can you please help me analyse this difference.

the last note says final dec pending , but the time stamp of the note is just 20 sec apart from the eligibility passed note. Is it auto generated note?

Since last 2 months , all i get is a generic replies for my webforms
screenshots are attached
Security old gcms
Security new gcms
Notes new gcms

summary:
Eligibility : passed
Secirity : blank
Info sharing : complete
Criminality : passed

Reactions: royarnab

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

i applied for gcms notes 50 days ago and got it today. But to my disappointment, the only difference between my last gcms notes 2 months ago is very small and subtle.
the only pending is security
Can you please help me analyse this difference.

the last note says final dec pending , but the time stamp of the note is just 20 sec apart from the eligibility passed note. Is it auto generated note?

Since last 2 months , all i get is a generic replies for my webforms
screenshots are attached
Security old gcms
Security new gcms
Notes new gcms

summary:
Eligibility : passed
Secirity : blank
Info sharing : complete
Criminality : passed

Based on your notes, you eligibility is conclusively passed and your security may be in progress and even concluded, pending a final decision that you see in your Note 1. It could be that you security is passed, even though it shows blank, as security is always blanked (redacted) in the GCMS notes when it is in progress or passed, and will show redacted when after your application is approved.

If you are an inland applicant, your security screening will only be a record check, which is fairly quick, so most likely you may have already passed security.

To read on security, how it is done, and and what is record check, and comprehensive screening, see https://bit.ly/2Yep4YE

The note 1 is your the pace in which your application has been placed in, i.e. how early a decision will be made on your application.