+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

usa2canada2021

Nov 11, 2020
See my advice is the officer should feel that you are going to stay. So your documentation should be like that only that you are going to stay in manitoba. If he even gets a hint that your intention is different he has all the rights to cancel your PR like other learned people have shared before. If someone is doing wrong and breaking the rules doesnt mean it is right. We all do speeding but once you get caught.... :D
True. Agreed. I got PR through Saskatchewan PNP, not Manitoba.
I want to move there in next summer once COVID slows down. My plan is to get PR process completed and then start looking for job and once I find a job, then I will migrate to Canada.
That is the reason I have decided that I will go to Portal, ND for soft landing(even though it is more than a days drive), because I don't want to screw up my PR and don't want to complicate at any other borders.

Do you think I should try my chance by asking IRCC to extend my COPR? What if I ask them to extend and what if they don't reply before my COPR expires? and then I go near my COPR expiry and then the Visa officer at the borders sees a note from IRCC saying that I have asked for extension. Can then I be in trouble?

akcjay

Oct 21, 2020
aor- march 10
biometrics - 21st october
eligibility - recommended passed
criminality - in progress
security - not started
same status since biometrics, called IRCC 2 times, still same status
AOR- march 17
Biometrics - October 8th
Eligibility - Passed
Criminality - Passed
Security - In Progress

VO - Sydney,NS

Over 5 weeks since my biometrics and 8 months I have applied my PR still the status remains, Criminality info sharing is slow as per IRCC agent and I should be patient considering its global pandemic situation and CIC is working with limited staff.

Reactions: nyiable

DashSat

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Aor march 25- did my biometrics on October 27th (it has been 3 weeks)
Called IRCC today, no status change eligibility is still recommended passed, criminality in progress and security not started same as it was in beginning of July. I asked the person if somebody worked on the file recently and she said only update she can see is biometrics done on 27th and nothing else. I am so worried. One of my friends applied four months after me and have already got his PR.
Feb 16 - AOR - Everything has passed - waiting for final decision.
Gave Bio on 7 Oct. More than 40 days now.

It really is frustrating each day to be stuck like this with zero transparency.

SAfsh

Nov 17, 2020
I know we are already at 8 months and people who have only been into processing for four months are getting their COPRs already. I am really losing my patience now.
I am in the same situation. CEC inland waiting more than 8 months. Not even eligibility pass :( I assume Etobicoke office has stopped working on PRs for 3,4 months. My last update was on Aug 6. nothing after that. where is your office?

hithere123

Jun 11, 2020
I am in the same situation. CEC inland waiting more than 8 months. Not even eligibility pass :( I assume Etobicoke office has stopped working on PRs for 3,4 months. My last update was on Aug 6. nothing after that. where is your office?
I am not sure, I ordered GCMS notes in July and I dont remember anymore

rmalik29

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
See my advice is the officer should feel that you are going to stay. So your documentation should be like that only that you are going to stay in manitoba. If he even gets a hint that your intention is different he has all the rights to cancel your PR like other learned people have shared before. If someone is doing wrong and breaking the rules doesnt mean it is right. We all do speeding but once you get caught.... :D
True. Agreed. I got PR through Saskatchewan PNP, not Manitoba.
I want to move there in next summer once COVID slows down. My plan is to get PR process completed and then start looking for job and once I find a job, then I will migrate to Canada.
That is the reason I have decided that I will go to Portal, ND for soft landing(even though it is more than a days drive), because I don't want to screw up my PR and don't want to complicate at any other borders.

Do you think I should try my chance by asking IRCC to extend my COPR? What if I ask them to extend and what if they don't reply before my COPR expires? and then I go near my COPR expiry and then the Visa officer at the borders sees a note from IRCC saying that I have asked for extension. Can then I be in trouble?
Hi! how long did it take for you to get your PR? My cousin is applying through Saskatchewan PNP so I can give them an idea. Also, where are you currently located? Also what was your score on SINP? I would appreciate your reply.

brokenheart

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Frustrations on its peak. I got BOWP which will expire in April 2023 but the dilemma is if i will go outside Canada and if my PR will approve I can’t come back because all temporary statuses will be invalid. It doesn’t look like we will get the PR until next year. Who is in the same situation?

Reactions: puneet kanda

AshRK

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Frustrations on its peak. I got BOWP which will expire in April 2023 but the dilemma is if i will go outside Canada and if my PR will approve I can’t come back because all temporary statuses will be invalid. It doesn’t look like we will get the PR until next year. Who is in the same situation?
The way they are ignoring cec inland applicant is weird. What's the logic of delaying process of inland applicants is hard to understand. The agent I spoke said they are short staffed so it has been slow but then my question to her was howcome people with July or June aor are getting CoPr but people with March Aor who have everything in order in the file , yet no one is touching their file. It is poor planning and inland applicants are just stuck who cannot move forward with their life because of the stupid way of working. I am all for being patient but there should be a proper process and working and covid has just given IRCC a valid excuse of just not working.

Vik2533

Feb 2, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-03-2020
Hello @legalfalcon,
Can you please suggest something to help us all with Aors before April to raise this issue(speed up the processing), I have a feeling if this goes unnoticed the situation may prevail and could be problem for us all.
Thank you in advance.

Reactions: immbr9999

DashSat

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
The way they are ignoring cec inland applicant is weird. What's the logic of delaying process of inland applicants is hard to understand. The agent I spoke said they are short staffed so it has been slow but then my question to her was howcome people with July or June aor are getting CoPr but people with March Aor who have everything in order in the file , yet no one is touching their file. It is poor planning and inland applicants are just stuck who cannot move forward with their life because of the stupid way of working. I am all for being patient but there should be a proper process and working and covid has just given IRCC a valid excuse of just not working.
My partner used to tell - I am the pinnacle of patience. Now if anybody asks me to be patient - I freak out.
Stuck at a low-paying job cause of closed WP and can't even negotiate for more pay.
Can't buy a house.
Went to buy a car - the interest rates they gave almost gave me an attack.
Can't even plan my trip back home - unsure if I can come back.

So much for being patient. Duh !!!

Not to be a spoilsport here - but I feel IRCC has controlled my life and the only way out is going back home.
I am even considering if its even worth it now.

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
I'm not sure what logic they are going after either. Is it worth withdrawing an application and re-applying at this point?

I'm not sure if the COVID interruption put a wrench in IRCC's system for people between Feb and April 2020 and now it's just easier for them to process newer applications rather than cleaning up the backlog? It is frustrating to not get a response from IRCC about an accurate processing times for PR applications. I mean, i know Canada technically owes us nothing, but an explanation and a better timeline would be nice, at least for CEC since we are paying taxes in the system and we are already here.

This is just my 2 cents **sigh**