+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

liannaf

Oct 21, 2020
I'm a FSW-outland application from the USA. Just got off phone with IRCC and he stated everything is passed, however security is not initiated yet.

Does anyone have a similar case. AOR March 26th, 2020. How long from when security is initiated to COPR? I'm a 29 year old, single applicant with a very straightforward simple case from what my attorney has said. Thank you!!

shadowz

Mar 5, 2019
I'm a FSW-outland application from the USA. Just got off phone with IRCC and he stated everything is passed, however security is not initiated yet.

Does anyone have a similar case. AOR March 26th, 2020. How long from when security is initiated to COPR? I'm a 29 year old, single applicant with a very straightforward simple case from what my attorney has said. Thank you!!
Same profile as yours and also called today got same response security in process. March 22 AOR.
I am from India living is USA.
What is your home country?

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
it has been for almost everyone. Not sure a true GU or a system glitch.
I also saw a ghost update on mine. The first one was on Saturday... I wouldn’t call that a ghost update since something actually changed.. my medicals.. the second one was today.. saw nothing new

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Did anyone receive a refund for biometrics? My application got approved a month ago. My PR card has been approved as well. However, I have not received a refund yet. Any suggestions? Should I call?

usa2canada2021

Nov 11, 2020
You can land anywhere at any port of entry. Currently when you land, you have to provide a detailed quarantine plan, that shows how you will quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This plan is mandatory.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html
Thanks @legalfalcon for reply.

But I don't plan on staying in Canada, I am just going to validate my PR landing at the border and then make U-turn right away in 2 to 3 hours(after completing the PR process).

That is the reason I am asking that since I got PR through Saskatchewan PNP, can I go and validate my PR at Buffalo, NY border and return back the same day? And if I can validate my PR process at Buffalo, NY border, then can the officer give me a hard time saying that why did you come here and you were supposed to go to Saskatchewan border.

Aman Boparai

Star Member
May 10, 2019

But I don't plan on staying in Canada, I am just going to validate my PR landing at the border and then make U-turn right away in 2 to 3 hours(after completing the PR process).

That is the reason I am asking that since I got PR through Saskatchewan PNP, can I go and validate my PR at Buffalo, NY border and return back the same day? And if I can validate my PR process at Buffalo, NY border, then can the officer give me a hard time saying that why did you come here and you were supposed to go to Saskatchewan border.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-got-cancelled-at-border.641137/

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

As I responded before, you can land anywhere. There is no restriction on where you can land. However, after you land, you have to move to your nominating province and show your intent to move.

However, given the COVID travel restrictions, you may be asked to submit a quarantine plan.

usa2canada2021

Nov 11, 2020
Thanks @legalfalcon and Aman.
It seems that I should probably do a soft landing in Saskatchewan only, as I am planning to do a day trip.

By any chance does any one know how is the soft landing @ SK borders? I could not find any reviews/people experience about SK soft landing.

sb17

May 29, 2019
Hi,

I'm an FSW-O applicant from India.
AOR - March 20, 2020.
Medicals passed - May 14, 2020
I'm waiting for VACs to open India to give my biometrics.

Question : Should I raise a webform/call IRCC to check the progress on other aspects of my application or is it futile to do so till I submit my biometrics?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
It seems that I should probably do a soft landing in Saskatchewan only, as I am planning to do a day trip.

By any chance does any one know how is the soft landing @ SK borders? I could not find any reviews/people experience about SK soft landing.
SK does not have many popular border crossings like NY, BC or QC do. This is because most people and commercial traffic crosses borders from these provinces.

As mentioned there is no requirement to cross from SK, even if you re nominated by SK as long as you are continuing your journey or intend to travel to SK eventually.

Also see the above post by @fsw_hk

Whatever you decide, is your choice. All the best!

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020

Don't jeopardize your PR. If it doesn't matter to you then that's another story!