+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Some cases, the criminality checks take a while. From my understanding this out of IRCC's hands as other federal agencies provide that info. A good channel to get some info is to get in touch with your area's MP, they have a direct line to IRCC and they can get answers quicker than a webform.
Thanks for your response. I’ve checked the MP in my province and city and about 99% of them are conservatives. I understand that conservatives have their reservations about express entry/immigration in general so I’m not sure if this will influence their judgement about assisting me in looking further into my application. What would you advise please?
@moody16 , @legalfalcon, @caipsnotes
Thanks

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for your response. I’ve checked the MP in my province and city and about 99% of them are conservatives. I understand that conservatives have their reservations about express entry/immigration in general so I’m not sure if this will influence their judgement about assisting me in looking further into my application. What would you advise please?
@moody16 , @legalfalcon, @caipsnotes
Thanks
Hi You can seek the assistance of your local MP and even then it most likely will not change how quickly an application will be processed or it's outcome.

Reactions: EstherNnnanna

dextro590

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
I did but to apply for BOWP your current work permit should not be expired and i needed eAOR to apply for a bowp. Unfortunately, I did not meet these requirements so had to apply for Visitor Record, which expires tomorrow. Processing may be picking up pace, but it’s only getting harder everyday for me. Thank you for listening, if not much it makes me feel a bit lighter.
I am sorry to hear about your situation. If your work permit was expiring, my lawyer told me that I could apply for the bridging work permit to buy some time untill I get an ITA. The bridging permit would’ve been rejected without an AOR, but it would give you implied status for another 2-3 months it takes to process. Since you got your ITA a day after your work permit, if you had applied for your bridging permit, you could’ve easily been able to update your application through webform and get it approved.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
, @legalfalcon,
Thanks
Not sure where you get your info from or who informed you that a conservative MP will have reservations about EE.

Do you research.

It was the administration of PM Harper, a conservative who amended the immigration law to launch Express Entry and Super Visa. It was not the liberals who did it.

Immigration before EE, took 3-5 years for an average application.

Conservatives are not against immigration, which seems to be a popular myth among any new immigrants. They are against illegal immigration and loop holes in immigration.

Reactions: EstherNnnanna

wjillm

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
It is difficult to gauge the exact status just based on webform or a call, unless you specifically ask.

The Officer makes the final determination on your eligibility. And the assistant / agent before that. For most it is a 2 step

The initial note that you see if for R10, i.e. completeness check.
Thank you for your clarification and your patience! I was a little bit confused because I had a program assistant my eligibility passed in May (Note3), then Not 2 is the agent review of Criminality, noted it's pending due to biometrics and the newest one is from 6/29 about my eligibility (case agent review) referring to A11.2.

I know they trigger security screening once the eligibility is marked "passed", but is it when it's marked by an officer or agent? Also, does my application go back to the agent to be finished (criminality in progress due to biometrics pending) and then it goes to the next level (officer) to be finalized?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for your clarification and your patience! I was a little bit confused because I had a program assistant my eligibility passed in May (Note3), then Not 2 is the agent review of Criminality, noted it's pending due to biometrics and the newest one is from 6/29 about my eligibility (case agent review) referring to A11.2.

I know they trigger security screening once the eligibility is marked "passed", but is it when it's marked by an officer or agent? Also, does my application go back to the agent to be finished (criminality in progress due to biometrics pending) and then it goes to the next level (officer) to be finalized?

See #2,521

Reactions: wjillm

Gabrielmsf

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
ITA: March 24
AOR: March 26
MEP: May 26
ADR (Military records): July 06
ADR uploaded: July 08
GU: July 09 (Review of additional documents changed to Not applicable)

I guess things are progressing...
Update:

CEC inland
ITA: March 24
AOR: March 26
MEP: May 26
ADR (Military records): July 06
ADR uploaded: July 08
GU: July 09 (Review of additional documents changed to Not applicable)
Biometrics Done: Oct 22th
Biometrics updated on File: Oct 31th
GU: Nov 6th

I also found out that I passed the Eligibility back in July.
Considering my medicals expired two weeks ago, is it safe to expect a PPR soon?