CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
All the very best mate, same credentials, but all stages cleared on October 21 for me, been waiting for the final decision.
Hmmm so I guess wait at every step of weeks. Lol

Vik2533

Feb 2, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-03-2020
Hmmm so I guess wait at every step of weeks. Lol
I wish I could, my work permit expired a day before I received an ITA, I have been living of my savings since January, I am getting a little impatient everyday.

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
I wish I could, my work permit expired a day before I received an ITA, I have been living of my savings since January, I am getting a little impatient everyday.
Did you try to restore your status?? You can restore your status within 90 days of expiring your permit.

If it's been more than 90 days like it might be in your case you can still try. Check this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/restoration-extension-trv.html

Vik2533

Feb 2, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-03-2020
Have you applied for your bridging WP? If not, do so!
Did you try to restore your status?? You can restore your status within 90 days of expiring your permit.

If it's been more than 90 days like it might be in your case you can still try. Check this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/restoration-extension-trv.html
I did but to apply for BOWP your current work permit should not be expired and i needed eAOR to apply for a bowp. Unfortunately, I did not meet these requirements so had to apply for Visitor Record, which expires tomorrow. Processing may be picking up pace, but it’s only getting harder everyday for me. Thank you for listening, if not much it makes me feel a bit lighter.

Reactions: Angel1113

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
I did but to apply for BOWP your current work permit should not be expired and i needed eAOR to apply for a bowp. Unfortunately, I did not meet these requirements so had to apply for Visitor Record, which expires tomorrow. Processing may be picking up pace, but it’s only getting harder everyday for me. Thank you for listening, if not much it makes me feel a bit lighter.
I am really sorry about your situation and yes to apply for bowp you need to have AOR and a valid work permit at the time of application but restoring your status as a worker is a different thing. Some applicants are able to restore their status even after their previous work permit expired.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
We feel you my friend, hang in there. Like they say all is well that ends well. I was also kind of worried as my wp is expiring in Jan.

Vik2533

Feb 2, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-03-2020
I am really sorry about your situation and yes to apply for bowp you need to have AOR and a valid work permit at the time of application but restoring your status as a worker is a different thing. Some applicants are able to restore their status even after their previous work permit expired.
Thank you, but I am sorry I did not mention that the request for work permit extension/bowp was refused. So my last resort to restore my status was VR. Fingers crossed, hopefully I get the golden email. Need nothing more than that, honestly I think this time off work has helped a lot. I have been working on myself, the whole self-reflection thing I have inculcated during this time, makes me feel I have few changes that were imperative.

Reactions: Angel1113

Vik2533

Feb 2, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-03-2020
We feel you my friend, hang in there. Like they say all is well that ends well. I was also kind of worried as my wp is expiring in Jan.
Thank you budd, I intend on fighting this through the end. Meanwhile US Presidential Elections have me occupied. Haha.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Thank you budd, I intend on fighting this through the end. Meanwhile US Presidential Elections have me occupied. Haha.
Oh that is a different world all together. Its hard to understand in 2020 the way the system works in the most developed country of the world. You have to work pretty hard i guess to make it so useless, lol!

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Please is it possible that cic forgets people’s applications? From my GCMS note, my criminality check has been in progress since April. I called IRCC yesterday and criminality check is still in progress. I’m beginning to get the feeling that they’ve forgotten my application and I’m getting super worried.

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Please is it possible that cic forgets people’s applications? From my GCMS note, my criminality check has been in progress since April. I called IRCC yesterday and criminality check is still in progress. I’m beginning to get the feeling that they’ve forgotten my application and I’m getting super worried.
Some cases, the criminality checks take a while. From my understanding this out of IRCC's hands as other federal agencies provide that info. A good channel to get some info is to get in touch with your area's MP, they have a direct line to IRCC and they can get answers quicker than a webform.

Reactions: EstherNnnanna

DashSat

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Thank you, but I am sorry I did not mention that the request for work permit extension/bowp was refused. So my last resort to restore my status was VR. Fingers crossed, hopefully I get the golden email. Need nothing more than that, honestly I think this time off work has helped a lot. I have been working on myself, the whole self-reflection thing I have inculcated during this time, makes me feel I have few changes that were imperative.
Yup - A lot of times even I have taken decisions that go against the flow. Quitting a well-paid job - going on a self-reflective journey for months. Sometimes these things are needed to come out as a better version of yourself. When this is over - which will be pretty soon - you, my friend will be a brand new man and would be ready to take on this world with renewed vigor. Embrace this time - cause you will never get it back. Good or bad - embrace it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Oh, I see. So it's more like three stages system. Assistant, agent and then officer. When does the officer level start? After transferring my application to my visa processing office?
Strange is, when I called IRCC, the agent told me the eligibility is passed too. But I guess it's miscommunication.
It is difficult to gauge the exact status just based on webform or a call, unless you specifically ask.

The Officer makes the final determination on your eligibility. And the assistant / agent before that. For most it is a 2 step

The initial note that you see if for R10, i.e. completeness check.

psidhu92

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Just signed in and saw application updated on my application but there is no update inside. What anyone please let me know if they know what this means?

Everything except criminality in my application is passed according to my GCMS notes.