+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Hi, I have a question about biometrics. Many of us already had to provide biometrics when we applied for Canadian student visas and PGWPs, etc. And the biometrics are valid for 10 years. Why are so many of you (CEC and Inland applicants) required to give biometrics again)?
For WP it started only last Dec.. Before that Biometrics was not required. So who ever came before that will not have Biometrics previously

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Edmonton office is really really slow , most of the applications that are seeing good progress are in Ottawa office, I saw many people whom their files are located at Edmonton experiencing slow progress of their applications.

Yes that is true! :)

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
For WP it started only last Dec.. Before that Biometrics was not required. So who ever came before that will not have Biometrics previously
FOR PR it doesnt matter, every one has to give biometrics... :)

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
Hi guys,

I did call IRCC last week and got some insights on my application:

AoR: March 30th, 2020
BIL/MEP: June 16th, 2020
Awaiting for VFS in my country to reopen, the agent stated "FORGET about the letter expiration date, be sure you'll be able to give Biometrics when it's open again"
Eligibility: Started
Criminality: Not started
Security: Started

Background check: Agent stated "Criminality PLUS Security is the Background check"

Hope this sheds some light into your own processes, see you in Canada!

scorpio000

Apr 17, 2020
Hi guys,

I did call IRCC last week and got some insights on my application:

AoR: March 30th, 2020
BIL/MEP: June 16th, 2020
Awaiting for VFS in my country to reopen, the agent stated "FORGET about the letter expiration date, be sure you'll be able to give Biometrics when it's open again"
Eligibility: Started
Criminality: Not started
Security: Started

Background check: Agent stated "Criminality PLUS Security is the Background check"

Hope this sheds some light into your own processes, see you in Canada!
Thank you for sharing. This is indeed helpful information.

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Yes you can raise a webform on your own or call IRCC all you need is your application number and UCI number, ask your private immigration agent to provide you with those details as this is your rights.good luck
Hi
Okay today I called my agent to inform that I’m gonna raise a webform just in case (since they are the people who handle my profile) if any notification goes to my profile it’s better that they are aware of it.
She was telling me it’s not necessary and all that and I explained her that I would like to see the progress of my case.
Then she told me since my 6 months are also not yet finished therefore if there will be any negative impact just bcz I raised my webform they are not responsible... I’m just wondering what to do! What she was telling me is true? Coz that was the fist time I have heard anything like that.! I have never seen or heard about any case of as such! Pls share with me your opinion

hqdao

Jun 24, 2020
Hi
Okay today I called my agent to inform that I’m gonna raise a webform just in case (since they are the people who handle my profile) if any notification goes to my profile it’s better that they are aware of it.
She was telling me it’s not necessary and all that and I explained her that I would like to see the progress of my case.
Then she told me since my 6 months are also not yet finished therefore if there will be any negative impact just bcz I raised my webform they are not responsible... I’m just wondering what to do! What she was telling me is true? Coz that was the fist time I have heard anything like that.! I have never seen or heard about any case of as such! Pls share with me your opinion
I personally don't trust agent, actually anybody else, to handle my application rather than myself. Paying to get advice is ok but let them control the whole process - NO.

In your case I don't think there should be any problem since many of us here have raised webform asking for updates, including myself. I think you should be more active and look for relevant information (all available around you or even directly in CIC website). If you are not confident in yourself then why bother risking your whole life coming to a far country like Canada?

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Hi

Some stupid must be sitting and giving you this kind of message. What more worse can be that

They still don’t know when they will open biometrics centre
Some applicants are waiting for year plus and not receiving any responses

Seriously speaking given a chance some of the these agents need to be reprimanded for misbehaving at times , as if they are favouring us. They are there since we are applying, so if we don’t apply they won’t be required. Need them to do some self introspection

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Hi
Hello , what a load of no sense she is serving you, people raise webforms all the time as I also do every time I need an info about my application.
In no way this will have a negative impact on your application and 6 months or not it is your complete right to follow the progress of your application , just go ahead and submit your webform, ask about eligibility security and criminality and also what is your visa office/processing center.
Trust me you can raise your webform , there is something fishy about those private agents as if they are affraid of something, don t worry go ahead, good luck

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hello , what a load of no sense she is serving you, people raise webforms all the time as I also do every time I need an info about my application.
In no way this will have a negative impact on your application and 6 months or not it is your complete right to follow the progress of your application , just go ahead and submit your webform, ask about eligibility security and criminality and also what is your visa office/processing center.
Trust me you can raise your webform , there is something fishy about those private agents as if they are affraid of something, don t worry go ahead, good luck
Thank you so much I wil do that.!! I know sometimes they sound so negative and so lazy I didn’t ask her to raise a webform on behalf of me though! Thanks for taking your time to reply me!

Reactions: UniSaverH