caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Submitted a webform last week asking about the process of my application and got reply today:
1. The application is in Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario. <<< does anyone know when will it be transferred to VO Vancouver (because I’m in BC)?

2. The responsible office reviewed the application and documents submitted and determined that you meet the eligibility requirements under CEC <<< does it mean my eligibility passed?

3. The background verifications are in process <<< still have not submitted the biometrics.

FYI, AOR 28rd March 2020 inland
Since you are inland, request your GCMS file ( for free) to get a clear picture on the status of your file. Eligibility is a 2 step process to arrive at a decision to pass. Also background checks includes a few things (criminality, info sharing and security) that happen at different times.

Reactions: nyiable

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Since you are inland, request your GCMS file ( for free) to get a clear picture on the status of your file. Eligibility is a 2 step process to arrive at a decision to pass. Also background checks includes a few things (criminality, info sharing and security) that happen at different times.
How to get GCMS for free? It is 5 CAD right?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
How to get GCMS for free? It is 5 CAD right?
It's $5 if you have someone else request on your behalf and it's done under the Access to Information Act.

It's free to request your own info yourself, if eligible (e.g. inland applicants can request for free). This request is made under the Privacy Act for which there is no fee.

Reactions: nyiable

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
It's $5 if you have someone else request on your behalf and it's done under the Access to Information Act.

It's free to request your own info yourself, if eligible (e.g. inland applicants can request for free). This request is made under the Privacy Act for which there is no fee.
oh thanks thats cool!

diljot5

Jan 23, 2020
Hi. Just wondering how did you get to know when the eligibility/background started for you. Did you raise multiple webforms?

TIA
No! I didn't raise any webform. But my application status changed to
"We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." And
"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." on respective dates.

Am I doing something wrong?

warid

Aug 31, 2019
No! I didn't raise any webform. But my application status changed to
"We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." And
"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." on respective dates.

Am I doing something wrong?
No. I have a similar AOR. These messages about eligibility and background are generic. I have the same since my AOR

kishan9k

May 4, 2019
hello all,
my AOR is 25th march.
medical passed- may22

i want to raise a webform to get an update of my application status. Does any one have any specific format to ask about it in the webform???? What should be mentioned in the webform?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Webform and gcns notes
Another tip, if someone has not paid the RPRF fee upfront and gets a request to pay the fee then it's a strong indicator of eligibility being recommended pass or passed. Some people have had success using the TextNow app and calling the call center to check as well.

Reactions: allencc1989

AbiMimi

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Another tip, if someone has not paid the RPRF fee upfront and gets a request to pay the fee then it's a strong indicator of eligibility being recommended pass or passed. Some people have had success using the TextNow app and calling the call center to check as well.
Hmmm.. That's true! How can one track if Rprf fee has been paid upfront