+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

dextro590

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Nope - I called IRCC and got connected to a nice lady who made an effort to check stuff properly and answer my questions. I won't apply for GCMS as its too late for me I think and whatever info comes in GCMS will just add to my anxiety - So no GCMS :). My WP is expiring Jan 18 - So hope I get a decision before that.
Hey, if you’re WP is expiring, make sure you apply for your bridging work permit so that you can keep working in Canada untill you get an immigration decision

Reactions: Kitkat2020

dextro590

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Got My GCMS notes.
Eligibility : Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs: Not started
Final:

I'm CEC applicant AOR March 31st, Biometric exempt, VO Ottawa
The last pages of GCMS note also shows that everything is normal but things are happening so slow.
I’m in the same boat with AOR March 7th and Biometrics given on Oct 9th.

From the previous posts, it seems like alot of the CEC inland applicants are in a similar stage with eligibility, medical and biometrics passed, and waiting on either criminality or security. What do you think?

Last edited:

SVSD

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
GTA, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA ( Last Checked)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
11-03-2020
Got My GCMS notes.
Eligibility : Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs: Not started
Final:

I'm CEC applicant AOR March 31st, Biometric exempt, VO Ottawa
The last pages of GCMS note also shows that everything is normal but things are happening so slow.
Same Boat with AOR March 5th and Biometrics on 15th Oct.

Reactions: harshrk6392

NewDestination

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
If you will try multiple times from same number in a week then it will not connect you to the agent. So, fill wrong application number and date of birth when it asks. Then it will give you option to press 0 if you want to speak to an agent. Then press 0. So, it will connect you to an agent. I have tried it many times and always it works!!!! :)
Thanks a lot. I will try and hopefully can get through :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
called ircc today fo update on my application:
AOR date: March 25, 2020
eligibiity: initially it was review required and then changed to recommended passed in june. just called and now the person told me its under review since June( last time I talked to them was in June)
criminality: in progress since June
security: not started

completed my biometrics on 27 october

I am worried that nothing has been changed in my application since june. Please advise all and @legalfalcon

The eligibility takes place in two stages. First an analyst or an assistant will review and make a recommendation. This can be recommended passed / Met / etc. This recommendation is then reviewed by an officer who makes a final determination. The terminology used such as met / recommended passed / passed an no relevance.

So you have to see the reason why it has RR and the current status now.

See my older post on this at #2,521

Vik2533

Feb 2, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-03-2020
Hello everyone,
I am sharing my details please let me know if anyone can make something out of it,
Aor - March 6
Meds passed/ BIL- March 13
Biometrics - October 19,
I spoke to an agent this morning and concluded that everything is passed, all the stages are cleared; CPC - Ottawa needs to make a final decision.
I am inland applicant, CEC. Any ideas as to what can I expect and when?
Thank you in advance.

Reactions: sukhbirring

sandywmf

Sep 22, 2020
I have a question regarding GCMS notes we received. Is it normal that the dependant is rarely mentioned in the notes, especially the parts regarding background and security check? Although the conclusion has officer review says approval pending bio (primary applicant did bio this week, dependent gave it last year), we are just worried what if the dependent is not included in the application. PS: Dependent has received bio letter before and does appear in the application page.

Sachin007

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
  • The eligibility verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The background verification is currently valid.
@legalfalcon Is it possible that Background verifications are valid even though Eligibility is still in process?

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018

From the previous posts, it seems like alot of the CEC inland applicants are in a similar stage with eligibility, medical and biometrics passed, and waiting on either criminality or security. What do you think?
Same boat here.

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
That's great news! Basically, you're all set for a COPR!

Ottawa just needs to pick up the pace and email you! They're so slow, I can't!

Hello everyone,
I am sharing my details please let me know if anyone can make something out of it,
Aor - March 6
Biometrics - October 19,
I spoke to an agent this morning and concluded that everything is passed, all the stages are cleared; CPC - Ottawa needs to make a final decision.
Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Vik2533

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
Hello everyone,
Aor - March 6
Biometrics - October 19,
Thank you in advance.
I guess Ottawa is the slowest but that’s a good progress for you as everything is already passed.
In my case however they are still reviewing criminality just to mention I gave my biometrics on 7th.
I guess it all depends on the case processing officer and CPC.
Waiting forever and keep looking at account is new normal in 2020.
Hopefully you will hear good news sometime in next week.
Good luck.

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020

Yes Criminality or Security is the keyword.
I don’t know what these guys are looking for.
It’s been over 8 months now.
An accurate timeline for 80% of files in the backlog if made available would be nice.
Let’s hope to hear something in 1st week of November.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
  • The eligibility verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The background verification is currently valid.
@legalfalcon Is it possible that Background verifications are valid even though Eligibility is still in process?
The BGC = Criminality + Security.

The criminality is passed early in the process and security only is initiated after the eligibility is passed.

readysetgo

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
Name and UCI. And the photo already has the stamp of where it was taken and they just wrote the date.
Thanks again for your response! Just one last question, does it matter if we send it by regular post or Xpress post? They don't specify anything about that nor to they mention any envelope specifications like they do for work permits or TRV etc.