Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
In the amendment, I wrote that I did not mention these jobs in my 10 year personal history ... I did not mention that I want to add these in my work history ... it’s just that I mentioned my part time jobs while filing my work permit .. and I thought it would be better to send a webform because if they check they might see a difference...
It is always better to be truthful. If you have submitted the jobs that you missed in your personal history, no need to worry and you did the right thing.

Reactions: Ckay128

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon ,please what happens after the all stages are passed and final decision is approved for an inland application? I have heard a few different things like soft landing/ virtual landing.I don't understand this because I am already in Canada. Some also say copr immediately. I am still not sure what to expect. I would appreciate if you can advise or provide a resource that explains. Thank you

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Received my GCMS note yesterday. Apparently, my eligibility was passed since May by an agent not even by an officer. And since then, they haven’t touched my file (based on the update date on the GCMS). This is really frustrating. The status of the first part of information sharing states ‘Not started’ and the second part states ‘NRT’. I guess I’m far from the finish line @legalfalcon

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
This will not cause any delays. About medicals, IRCC can either extend the medicals or request for another medical examination. This is at IRCC's discretion. However, you can send a web form (CSE) and request for your medical to be extended. Based on the latest stats below your application is on track and there is not much one can do to expedite the process.

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?

Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Thanks for the useful information @caipsnotes !

Reactions: caipsnotes

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020
Has anyone come across the below Correspondence item in their GCMS notes before or perhaps know what it means?
I never received any correspondence from IRCC. I'm not sure if it's just internal communication and I'm also not sure what it means for my application.

I noticed in my gcms note too. status is not started . i thought that means they hv not sent the request. gcms notes were in aug. i hv requested second gcms notes and then i will see. I didnt receive any request or info.

let me know if you find out wat it means.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,please what happens after the all stages are passed and final decision is approved for an inland application? I have heard a few different things like soft landing/ virtual landing.I don't understand this because I am already in Canada. Some also say copr immediately. I am still not sure what to expect. I would appreciate if you can advise or provide a resource that explains. Thank you
If you are an inland applicant and after all stages are passed, IRCC will send you a COPR by email. As soon as your achieve it you will be a PR.

Pre-Covid applicants had to either go to the border to get the COPR stamped or seek an appointment at an IRCC office in Canada. This changed to a telephone appointment and currently IRCC has done away with all these.

However, the IRCC website still states:

If you’re already in Canada
We’ll contact you and let you know what to do next.

You’ll need to have a short interview with an officer. You have two options for your interview:

• make an appointment at one of our offices in Canada (best option)
  • go to a Canadian “port of entry” (border crossing), and present:
    • proof that you have the funds to support yourself and your family
    • your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and your permanent resident visa (if we gave you one)
During the interview the officer will:

• make sure all your documents are valid
  • ask you a few questions to make sure you still meet the terms to immigrate to Canada
  • confirm your Canadian mailing address, so we can mail your permanent resident card (PR card)
If you change your address within 180 days of getting your status, you must tell us using the web form.

Last edited:
Reactions: dextro590

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Received my GCMS note yesterday. Apparently, my eligibility was passed since May by an agent not even by an officer. And since then, they haven’t touched my file (based on the update date on the GCMS). This is really frustrating. The status of the first part of information sharing states ‘Not started’ and the second part states ‘NRT’. I guess I’m far from the finish line @legalfalcon
See the notes in the last 3-5 pages. If you do not have an officer's not, then your eligibility is still pending. However, see the note by the CPA. If the note says recommended passed, you need not worry as the officer will go ahead with the recommendation in most cases.

Apart rom that you will have to wait.

Reactions: EstherNnnanna

Happy Harper

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
For those with COPR, are we allowed leave Canada? Letter only says if don't have PR card, you have to secure a PRTD to enter Canada.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
For those with COPR, are we allowed leave Canada? Letter only says if don't have PR card, you have to secure a PRTD to enter Canada.
You need to have a valid visa to re enter. Copr is not a travel document.

Rohan88g

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes.. my wife is secondary on our PR app (AOR March 12), and her medical has expired in June. Our eligibility and security is passed and criminality is in progress. Is there anything we can do Proactively, to get her medical extended ? And would you suggest that my spouse redo her medical to save time ? Thanks !

Parthg011

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
The BGC = Criminality + Security.

The criminality is passed early in the process and security only is initiated after the eligibility is passed.
Thats weird, I was told by agent that everything is passed but criminality was under progress, is it possible that stages are interchanged somewhat?

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
All except criminality check which was under processing when last checked on Oct 5th!
Hi, is this the place where you are checking your status? How are some people able to report a progress bar status?

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Nope - I called IRCC and got connected to a nice lady who made an effort to check stuff properly and answer my questions. I won't apply for GCMS as its too late for me I think and whatever info comes in GCMS will just add to my anxiety - So no GCMS :). My WP is expiring Jan 18 - So hope I get a decision before that.
Hi, is this the place where you check your status? How are some people able to report a progress bar?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon my wife is secondary on our PR app (AOR March 12), and her medical has expired in June. Our eligibility and security is passed and criminality is in progress. Is there anything we can do Proactively, to get her medical extended ? And would you suggest that my spouse redo her medical to save time ? Thanks !
You can only send a webform and request. However, if the medicals have expired or are about to expire, IRCC will send the medicals for reassessment to the Regional Medical Officer who will make a determination on whether to extend it to ask for re-med. This is a fairly quick process and may even have been done already.

Alternatively, some applicants get a new meds done and send the upfront sheet. I personally feel this is just a waste of money unless IRCC specifically asks you for it.