+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******MARCH 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SLONSORSHIP*****

ray.d

May 30, 2019
Hey, after medical exam passed. What is the next step? How many more days will it take for the process to complete ?
And, does background check depends on which province you have applied for ? Or it takes same time for all applicants applying to canada ?

One more question. Can i apply for visit visa during this time ? If yes , then for how many months can i live with my husband there on visit visa ?
Please help whoever can .
BGC depends on many things. Your details submitted with application, your VO, etc. So dont worry about timeline. Usually its about 6 months (not official). However, it may take more time if the file is complicated.

Visitor's visa is a hit or miss. You can take that chance if you are ok with paying the application fees and just to ease your mind. However, dont rely on it too much. General visitor's rule apply. 6 months max per visit. If you are lucky, they might give 10 years multiple. However, when your sponsorship file is under process, applying visitor's visa with much support is recommended. Support like proper funds on both sides. Applicants strong ties to home country like a job. Return ticket... the usual. So go ahead with it if you dont mind paying the application fees.

I understand that there is that separation pressure. I am going through that too. But waiting and positive thinking is the only thing we can do for now.

All the best!

Reactions: DrH

ray.d

May 30, 2019
I already paid the biometric last week and still didn’t get anything
I would not rely on when you paid the fees. I paid the fees on April 30th and got biometric request on June 20. So just wait. you will hear back from them, soon. Every case is different.

Mark64919628

Jun 21, 2019
I would not rely on when you paid the fees. I paid the fees on April 30th and got biometric request on June 20. So just wait. you will hear back from them, soon. Every case is different.
I made a mistake.I forgot to pay the biometric fee first ,so I might waste the time to get the BR. My wife’s medical report has been received.

lizlizliz

Mar 19, 2019
Anyone else from the USA having this problem or know how to help? I got my PPR, but UPS told me (multiple locations, even spoke to a manager) that it's "impossible" for them (and they said even Fedex can't do it) to follow the instructions on the PPR email:

b. If your documents are being returned to a mailing address in the U.S.A, please submit a self-addressed
shipping label along with its commercial invoice and a returning envelope from FedEx, UPS or Purolator.

I'm supposed to have the packaged mailed to:

CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

They said it's "impossible" because the package is going to be returned from Canada and they can't process that because of customs issues. In each interaction I either showed them the written instructions or spoke it to them on the phone, so I don't know how I can be confusing them. But, clearly, US applicants MUST have been able to do this before... so what gives?? :)

Last edited:

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
I can see 'Decision made' update on ECAS and no update in myCIC. Is this normal?

No emails yet

File received: Mar 22 2019

Reactions: drai

drai

Mar 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-03-2019
Doc's Request.
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
I can see 'Decision made' update on ECAS and no update in myCIC. Is this normal?

No emails yet

File received: Mar 22 2019
Decision made on PA side or Sponsor side. Are u on tracker and in march whatspp group????

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Decision made on PA side or Sponsor side. Are u on tracker and in march whatspp group????
I already got the Sponsor approval mail one month back. the file transferred to Mississauga on May 30 2019. Until yesterday in ECAS it was showing "In progress" but today it shows "decision made". but no updates in mycic yet

I am not in tracker

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
Hello Folks - I am getting married in Oct this year and going to file PR for spouse as soon as I come back to Canada - just writing here to get an idea what is the current processing time in months?

DrH

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
BGC depends on many things. Your details submitted with application, your VO, etc. So dont worry about timeline. Usually its about 6 months (not official). However, it may take more time if the file is complicated.

Visitor's visa is a hit or miss. You can take that chance if you are ok with paying the application fees and just to ease your mind. However, dont rely on it too much. General visitor's rule apply. 6 months max per visit. If you are lucky, they might give 10 years multiple. However, when your sponsorship file is under process, applying visitor's visa with much support is recommended. Support like proper funds on both sides. Applicants strong ties to home country like a job. Return ticket... the usual. So go ahead with it if you dont mind paying the application fees.

I understand that there is that separation pressure. I am going through that too. But waiting and positive thinking is the only thing we can do for now.

All the best!

Thank you so much for the reply. Yes i hope things fasten up for everyone.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello Folks - I am getting married in Oct this year and going to file PR for spouse as soon as I come back to Canada - just writing here to get an idea what is the current processing time in months?
It's impossible to say. Processing times do fluctuate and you're not applying for nearly another 6 months. Expect 12 months, anything faster will be a blessing.

maanasraj

Apr 1, 2019
Hi Vamsilks

I am in the same boat, application received March 27

Aor May 3rd

Nothing Since, I tried to contact via webform they gave me the same answer.

jinny87

Nov 24, 2018
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
18-03-2019
AOR Received.
27-03-2019
File Transfer...
12-06-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
02-06-2019
Interview........
22-01-2020
Passport Req..
01-03-2020
Hi there I'm sponsorship my husband he's from Algeria. This is our timeline thus far.

1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 27, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on June 19, 2019.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on May 22, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
He was asked to do his biometrics on May 21st but it hasn't popped up on the online tool as yet. Also got an email on June 12th stating that the application was forwarded to Paris VO.

Hope to hear back soon, good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark64919628