+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******MARCH 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SLONSORSHIP*****

Vamsiks

Jun 13, 2019
Hi All,
I submitted application for my wife living in India.

Date Received : March 29th 2019

AOR1 : May 8th 2019

Still the application in process.

I see most of the applicants at my date of application received have got Biometrics, Medical and SA.

I already contacted CIC on phone couple of weeks ago, they mentioned there is no update other than Application received and currently in process.

Does anyone experience the same delay?

Does anyone know what could be the delay?

Should I have to contact CIC again?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi All,

I see most of the applicants at my date of application received have got Biometrics, Medical and SA.

I already contacted CIC on phone couple of weeks ago, they mentioned there is no update other than Application received and currently in process.

Target processing time is 12 months. Don't compare your application to others. Anything less than 12 months for processing time is something to be excited about, you only applied a few months ago. Every application is different.

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Hi All,

I know how you are feeling and it is kind of a relieve for me to read that we are not the only ones still waiting for SA, BR and MR or any sign of processing after getting AOR. We got ours after you on the 23rd of May, but still most people seem to get SA and BR within a few days after AOR. I have no idea why some are slower but I guess we just have to hang in there. My husbands work address changed so we are sending them the updated address via the web form and who know, maybe somebody will look at the application and realize that they haven't done anything with it yet. ;)

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
I know how you are feeling and it is kind of a relieve for me to read that we are not the only ones still waiting for SA, BR and MR or any sign of processing after getting AOR. We got ours after you on the 23rd of May, but still most people seem to get SA and BR within a few days after AOR. I have no idea why some are slower but I guess we just have to hang in there. My husbands work address changed so we are sending them the updated address via the web form and who know, maybe somebody will look at the application and realize that they haven't done anything with it yet. ;)
Is ur husband the PA?. I would assume its irrelevant information for them to be so quick to update. Its not like its not like its an address change.

Bhamdan

May 20, 2019
Hi all,
So today I received an email from the immigration office in Amman regarding my sponsorship for my wife. They asked for calls and texts, pictures spent together and tickets if I visited. We did our engagement back in December and I cane to Canada in Jan and I didn’t go yet due to work and lack of vacations. I already booked my flight ticket last month to hi in August to get married and go on a honeymoon. So I have some questions:
1- for text messages (they need them translated), do I take screenshots of conversations and translate? How many should be good? And what about calls? We talk over what’s app almost every day. Just take screenshots as well?
2- for pictures, I have from my last visit. Is that ok?
3- do I need to write a letter to them and what should I write there? Explain the situation or that doesn’t help?

Thanks

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Is ur husband the PA?. I would assume its irrelevant information for them to be so quick to update. Its not like its not like its an address change.
No, my husband is the sponsor. I have no idea if they even care that his work address changed but figured that they asked for it in the application and I don't know if they check if the company exists or what, so maybe we should declare the change.

DrH

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Hey, after medical exam passed. What is the next step? How many more days will it take for the process to complete ?
And, does background check depends on which province you have applied for ? Or it takes same time for all applicants applying to canada ?

One more question. Can i apply for visit visa during this time ? If yes , then for how many months can i live with my husband there on visit visa ?
Please help whoever can .

didhddidhd

Feb 27, 2019
Hi All,

My case was slow too
I got AOR on Feb 21st and no update for almost 4 months.
I contacted CIC on phone and web foam many times but they always said there's no problem with my case.
and finally, I got SA and Biometrics request on June 9th and got medical request on June 10th.
After that, it going quick. File transferred to Mississauga June 17th and Passed medical yesterday.
I don't know why some cases are slow but I think it's just unlucky.
Don't be worried about too much.

Reactions: phaeo

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
Congratulations! Even my wife got Bio request. We're getting there! Movements are always good. Next stop... PPR Station. LOL
Haha, let's hope so! And hey, that's awesome that your wife got the biometrics request too! Sponsor side on ECAS finally says Decision Made for us, so I hope this means SA email soon :D

ray.d

May 30, 2019
Hi all,
So today I received an email from the immigration office in Amman regarding my sponsorship for my wife. They asked for calls and texts, pictures spent together and tickets if I visited. We did our engagement back in December and I cane to Canada in Jan and I didn’t go yet due to work and lack of vacations. I already booked my flight ticket last month to hi in August to get married and go on a honeymoon. So I have some questions:
1- for text messages (they need them translated), do I take screenshots of conversations and translate? How many should be good? And what about calls? We talk over what’s app almost every day. Just take screenshots as well?
2- for pictures, I have from my last visit. Is that ok?
3- do I need to write a letter to them and what should I write there? Explain the situation or that doesn’t help?

Thanks
1. Not sure exactly. But if you can run it through a translator like google translate, then that would be helpful. If you have not submitted any with your application then atleast 25 from both of you should be good enough. For calls, history of whats app call is good. Again atleast 10 screenshots each (from both are good) [Remember more is better but too much is not]

2. Any pictures with you both in it. Any photos of where you both went out together. Also, if possible, of the events like engagement, where there are more people. When in group, its ok if one of you is there. Also, you have to write at the back, who is who and what the event is. I would follow this template for every photo you submit. Again more is better. I would submit atleast 30 if you have not already done it with your application.

Event:
Date of Event:
Principal Applicant Name: - Just to make sure they can tie it.
Principal Applicant Date of Birth: - Just to make sure they can tie it.
Names (L to R):

3. Only if you haven't submitted before. You can write kinda an essay, narrating the situation. Like a story about how you met and right up to engagement. Make sure you put (Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor) next you your names. or something like (PA's Father) (Sponsor's Father) so that its easy for them to follow)

Remember, they are trying to establish a genuine relationship. So think on those terms when submitting the documents. Any proofs to prove that relationship, helps.

All the best!

ray.d

May 30, 2019
Haha, let's hope so! And hey, that's awesome that your wife got the biometrics request too! Sponsor side on ECAS finally says Decision Made for us, so I hope this means SA email soon :D
Yep... Thats SA for sure. PPR is coming soon.

Reactions: phaeo