Mar 16, 2019
Illinois
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
30-06-2019
What if the whats app messages are written in english alphabets but the language is different.
it's still not in english or french if it's romanized. that's not the same as a translation. it needs to be translated into english or french so that it can be read and comprehended.

Reactions: angelyohann

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
Send it to Mississauga as my application got sent back to me with the new address where it needs to go. They will not forward it for u. Good luck
Oh really? When did you send your application? By the time I sent mine, they had updated the checklist and website to say Sydney so that's where I sent it. I guess ultimately all we can do is wait for those of us who submitted during this mix-up to start hearing back from IRCC. But I'll be pretty annoyed if this delays people's applications.

Reactions: SallySalib

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
What if the whats app messages are written in english alphabets but the language is different.
yes many think using a translation app is the same as translating. Especially if you stated that your primary form of communication is not English or French. As annoying and costly it is to get it translated (and certified) I like to think CIC is doing it so that they can somewhat speed up the process of processing your application. This is what I have learnt through all of this. When I saw that after years of not needing the translation they all of a sudden need it, but there is a purpose and it's probably to move things along quicker. just my guess. Good Luck

angelyohann

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Hello guys

Please let me know if anyone knows this

After how many days can I link my application online through receipt number

Please let me know as I cant wait to link and be updated

Application received: march 1st

Thanks

Hi!
I also sent my application and it was received march 1.. as i read from other threads we can only link our application if they sent us our aor1.. not sure tho.

Any senior member can answer this? Thank you!!

angelyohann

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Hello everyone,

Thank you for creating this thread! I’m new to this forum. Just sent my application on Monday.
Will keep posting all the updates as I get. Please let me know what are the next steps from my side?

Application sent by Canada Post: Monday March 11
Application received at Sydney: Friday March 15

Best of luck to everyone!
Goodluck on your application..
Still waiting for the aor tho

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Hi!
I also sent my application and it was received march 1.. as i read from other threads we can only link our application if they sent us our aor1.. not sure tho.

Any senior member can answer this? Thank you!!
Correct, you will only be able to link to GCKey once you receive AOR1 and your application number and UCIs. The one exception to this is if you already have a UCI from a prior application (e.g. you are a PR yourself), in which case sometimes you can link it a little earlier.

On the other hand, you can try to log in to eCAS in advance with your receipt number (from the payment for your application fees); however, in my experience this only works the day before or the day of AOR1 anyway, so it's usually not worth the trouble and effort.

In the end your best bet is to wait for AOR1 -- and just get used to waiting in general, since it's all we do most of the time! :D

SallySalib

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Oh really? When did you send your application? By the time I sent mine, they had updated the checklist and website to say Sydney so that's where I sent it. I guess ultimately all we can do is wait for those of us who submitted during this mix-up to start hearing back from IRCC. But I'll be pretty annoyed if this delays people's applications.
Yes i got confused too I sent my application to Mississuaga and after few days they are updated again to go to Sydney !!

SallySalib

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi all,

I've been filling out forms to bring my spouse to Canada. When I thought I almost finished the documentation work, I came across the following update.

Updated Checklist:
Proof of Contact: Provide letters, printed text messages, emails or social media conversations, or other documented proof of
contact between you and your sponsor. Provide a maximum of 10 pages with your application. You must provide certified
translations in either English or French of all proof of contact documents that are not already in English or French.

Old Checklist:
Proof of Contact: Provide letters, printed text messages, emails or social media conversations, or other documented proof of
contact between you and your sponsor. Provide a maximum of 10 pages with your application.Translations of these
documents are not required at this time. If we need translations, we will request them from you.

Does anybody know how to get certified translations? I basically took some screenshots of our chat from whatsapp, messenger, etc. Now this is getting much more complicated. We basically used our local language to communicate, but written in English.

Any advice is highly appreciated.
You have to send them to the cartified translation office to translate it to English and stamp it you can do it in Canada or your home country does not matter

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
You have to send them to the cartified translation office to translate it to English and stamp it you can do it in Canada or your home country does not matter
if I'm not mistaken, translations can only be done with a certified Canadian translator. I have read on other forums of people who did translations in their home country but got the application sent back for that reason.

SallySalib

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
if I'm not mistaken, translations can only be done with a certified Canadian translator. I have read on other forums of people who did translations in their home country but got the application sent back for that reason.
No that is not true maybe they translate it in the regular office because i did all my mine in my home country in the cartifed office and they accepted it

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Certified translator
A member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada.

sorry I don't know how to insert pictures. I got the above blurb from the CIC website. I'm not doubting what you did but just want to make sure the correct information is given.

JBR05

Mar 13, 2019
Hi everyone. Application sent on 12th of March. UPS tracker confirmed twas delivered on 14th of March. But no words yet from CIC is this normal? Is there a mail to be received before the AOR1?