+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******MARCH 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SLONSORSHIP*****

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
I didn't get a hold of this forum until after I sent it in and I noticed the new checklist required all communication to require translations which I didn't do. So I assumed I'd be getting it back.
I also sent in the new checklist but missed the part about the translations. I was worried it would be sent back but they accepted it. Fingers crossed your application gets accepted.

Reactions: i2th and Farahnaz11

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
I also sent in the new checklist but missed the part about the translations. I was worried it would be sent back but they accepted it. Fingers crossed your application gets accepted.
I heard even after aor they can still return the application back if it’s not completed is that true ?

Samuel Nasr

Apr 12, 2019
My sponsor got SA today :D

Timeline
App received : March 4
AOR : April 4
BR : April 12
SA : April 15
Biometrics booked : April 17
i got the same timeline and i got my SA too and i have paid the Biometrics Fee but havent done it yet i wonder when will they send me the instructions

Pravy Muke

Apr 1, 2018
i got the same timeline and i got my SA too and i have paid the Biometrics Fee but havent done it yet i wonder when will they send me the instructions
Please add your profile to the tracker.
Everyone watching this thread, please add/update your case in tracker. It will be helpful to others.

Nqur

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Hey everyone! I had a question. Would really appreciate of someone can share their experience/opinion.

Has anyone applied for a visit visa for their spouse after sending the spousal application?

1. If the visit visa gets rejected, will i.t affect the spousal application?

2. I have talked to ppl who have gotten a visa successfully. It's a hit or miss but definitely worth a try.

3. My wife is studying in our home country and Is in the middle of her MBA She has a strong reason to go back. In my letter, I am writing that we want to do our honeymoon in Canada this summer because we didn't get time for it as she had exams during the week I was there for marriage.

Do you think this is a strong case? Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
Hey everyone! I had a question. Would really appreciate of someone can share their experience/opinion.

Has anyone applied for a visit visa for their spouse after sending the spousal application?

2. I have talked to ppl who have gotten a visa successfully. It's a hit or miss but definitely worth a try.

3. My wife is studying in our home country and Is in the middle of her MBA She has a strong reason to go back. In my letter, I am writing that we want to do our honeymoon in Canada this summer because we didn't get time for it as she had exams during the week I was there for marriage.

Thanks in advance.
My understanding from what I've read on this forum is that a rejected visitor visa will not impact the spousal application if you've already submitted it. But I've also read that it's very likely it will get rejected if you already have the sponsorship processing (because of their concern that you'll overstay the visa). As with anything visa related, it's ultimately at the discretion of the visa officer who reviews your case, and I feel it's hard to tell you how likely it is that your wife's visa will be approved. I think that there's no harm in trying to apply, but perhaps someone else with more experience in this (my husband is from a visa-exempt country so have never had to do this) can weigh in and give you their experience!

adk99

Nov 5, 2018
Every time I log in ECAs account its showing in process. In the online account it states the eligibility in process and background check in progress. Is this a default message or they are doing background check of both of us...

sandy1986

Mar 13, 2018
Ive seen message that message also after i link my application? Do we need to sign this online signature? I thought its only fot online application. Im also confused :(
I linked my own pr application back in 2017 than after found my application i linked it and there was i found the online signature also so signed it and got the msg successfully linked on screen that’s all i had personally experience previously and now i am waiting for spousal application Aor than I can take some screenshots and post for help. But still waiting for aor

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017

Thanks in advance.
1. No

2. There are more often rejected than not in these cases.

3. Will be up to the officer, be pleasantly surprised if approved.

jodyj21

Apr 13, 2018
Hi everyone! I received my letter with our UCI and File # on April 14/19 but am still not able to link to my online account - I keep getting a message saying it can't locate the application. I have tried a number of options to provide the necessary info to locate the application and link it to my profile, but still no luck. Has anyone else had trouble linking their application? Does it typically take a few days after receiving the UCI and File number before their system can locate our application or should it be available to link right away? Thanks! :)

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Hi everyone! I received my letter with our UCI and File # on April 14/19 but am still not able to link to my online account - I keep getting a message saying it can't locate the application. I have tried a number of options to provide the necessary info to locate the application and link it to my profile, but still no luck. Has anyone else had trouble linking their application? Does it typically take a few days after receiving the UCI and File number before their system can locate our application or should it be available to link right away? Thanks! :)
I have had the same issue but only with sponsor information on ECAS, GCKEY may take a bit to catch up.

If you haven't logged into ECAS try the application number PA last name, DOB and birth place, you can also try UCI sponsor last name, dob, and birthplace (thats the one I have trouble with PA works fine)

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
Here's a guide if you're having trouble: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/

Helped us out, the thing that threw us (and I think a lot of people) is that you need to input that there are 2 people on your application!

Reactions: schweisy

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
I was finally able to use my (sponsor) details to log into ECAS... I had been inputting my country of birth as England, since that matches what I put in my application. It wasn't working, so I tried a few things. Finally tried changing my country of birth to "UK - British subject" and it worked! It's weird because my husband's details worked just fine with "England" as the country of birth. Anyway, in case anyone else is having trouble with ECAS, looks like you might just have to try a few different combinations.

Reactions: schweisy