+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******MARCH 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SLONSORSHIP*****

tellico

Apr 26, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am a sponsoring my italian husband and our application was received on March 21st. We are currently living in Ireland and we think this means our file will eventually end up in the "black hole" aka the London Visa Office. My husband hasn't received any email correspondence whatsoever from CIC but I have linked the account on GCKey and I can see the updates and I received the messages regarding the medical and the biometrics requests.

GCKey says that "We have started processing your background check" which gives me a bit of hope that maybe it ended up in Mississauga and the emails went to my husband's spam folder which he never checked until this week and it automatically empties weekly so we could have missed them. I'm curious to know what, if any, emails the PA would receive before the file transfer. Also wondering, what the GCKey status is showing for the Background Check for those whose files are still waiting to be transferred to visa offices.

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
There hasnt been any file transfers since last december...
?? That is not the case. Are you talking about TO a particular VO?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am a sponsoring my italian husband and our application was received on March 21st. We are currently living in Ireland and we think this means our file will eventually end up in the "black hole" aka the London Visa Office. My husband hasn't received any email correspondence whatsoever from CIC but I have linked the account on GCKey and I can see the updates and I received the messages regarding the medical and the biometrics requests.

GCKey says that "We have started processing your background check" which gives me a bit of hope that maybe it ended up in Mississauga and the emails went to my husband's spam folder which he never checked until this week and it automatically empties weekly so we could have missed them. I'm curious to know what, if any, emails the PA would receive before the file transfer. Also wondering, what the GCKey status is showing for the Background Check for those whose files are still waiting to be transferred to visa offices.
For your app transfer notification, it usually goes to Sponsor and not to Principal Applicant (Husband in your case). You can also call CIC to confirm if your application is still in sydney or it has been transferred to LVO.

Background check status is same for every applicant these days from the time when your application is linked with your GCKEy account.

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Hi Everyone,

For us, the only message the PA has received has been the request for medical and biometric which came before the transfer. He didn't receive either AOR or transfer notice.

Last edited:

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
BEFORE file transfer we received AOR1, Bio and medical request emails. GcKey doesn't reference background check at all but Ecas says background check in process which occurred at the same time as we received AOR2. GcKey will tell you when emails were sent to you so you can see there if you might have missed something.
you got aor-2 from which via office ?

can you share your ecas and gckey screen-shots ?

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
BEFORE file transfer we received AOR1, Bio and medical request emails. GcKey doesn't reference background check at all but Ecas says background check in process which occurred at the same time as we received AOR2. GcKey will tell you when emails were sent to you so you can see there if you might have missed something.
GCKEY does mention background checks, it's under the "Details about your application status" section (second from last heading). Many people find that it will say they're processing the background check from the very start of their application process, which was the case for us. I'm not sure if it really means anything, or if they just try to get a head start on the background checks these days, but I think that's what they're talking about.

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
GCKEY does mention background checks, it's under the "Details about your application status" section (second from last heading). Many people find that it will say they're processing the background check from the very start of their application process, which was the case for us. I'm not sure if it really means anything, or if they just try to get a head start on the background checks these days, but I think that's what they're talking about.
My bad. I mixed up GcKey and Ecas.

Reactions: phaeo

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Haha, no problem, I mean it's dumb that there are two different portals that each show slightly different info :p Just wanted to make sure the OP wasn't too confused!
Thx. I edited my original reply.

Reactions: phaeo

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
you got aor-2 from which via office ?

can you share your ecas and gckey screen-shots ?
Warsaw. Timeline in profile. Gc key just says bgc in process and eligibility in process along with the rest that everyone has about fingerprints and no interview...Ecas is:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 19, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 7, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on June 6, 2019.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on May 9, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
#2 is referencing AOR2 which came as a letter attached to an email to me, the sponsor only.
Also biometric request accompanied the med request which isn't mentioned here.

Last edited: