+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2019 INLAND SPONSORSHIP****

ravmair

May 3, 2019
I received my OWP on May 11, 2019. Just wondering if anyone received a medical request from March? And should I expect mine? I did not even receive a biometric request yet

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I paid the fee for the biometrics...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/exemptions.html

Note: There is a temporary public policy exemption for in-Canada applicants. More specifically, foreign nationals who are eligible to apply from within Canada would normally provide their biometrics as part of an application or request for

• a temporary resident visa (TRV)
  • a work permit or study permit
  • a temporary resident permit
  • permanent residence
However, since there is currently no biometric service delivery network within Canada, these applicants are exempt from the biometrics requirement until such time as the public policy is lifted. Applicants who apply from within Canada, but whose applications are not eligible to be processed from within Canada, are not covered under this public policy exemption. Those applicants are required to leave Canada in order to submit their biometrics as part of their application.

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
I really don't know, it is weird, I kept repeating the same question that if I apply for restoration of status wouldn't it help with the work permit, she told me no and you don't need to apply for restoration of status. My problem is that she didn't ask me about my application number nor UCI number to relate to my case, it seems these are automated answers that they say to people in such cases.
You can try restoring your status. However, it may take 3-4months to get your status restored and will take another 3-4 months to get a work permit. It really depends on your choice. Wish you all the best.

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/exemptions.html

Note: There is a temporary public policy exemption for in-Canada applicants. More specifically, foreign nationals who are eligible to apply from within Canada would normally provide their biometrics as part of an application or request for

• a temporary resident visa (TRV)
  • a work permit or study permit
  • a temporary resident permit
  • permanent residence
However, since there is currently no biometric service delivery network within Canada, these applicants are exempt from the biometrics requirement until such time as the public policy is lifted. Applicants who apply from within Canada, but whose applications are not eligible to be processed from within Canada, are not covered under this public policy exemption. Those applicants are required to leave Canada in order to submit their biometrics as part of their application.
Whoops! I paid for it, too. I guess I can ask for a refund, right?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Whoops! I paid for it, too. I guess I can ask for a refund, right?
You can try, can't see why they wouldn't give it. They can't ask inland applicants to leave the country for biometrics. If you were denied re-entry at the border your application would be abandoned.

Papaski

May 18, 2019
When was your OWP app returned? If it was returned once your visitor status expired I have some bad news for you. You cannot receive OWP while you are out of status. If this happened past your valid status you would not get OWP until you hit the Approval in Principle phase unless you apply to restore your status which is a separate cost and application in itself and should have been sent with the OWP resubmission.
I have almost the same issue with this, I came into Canada on the 9th of December 2018, I applied for PR same December, but it was returned in February due to incomplete documents. I resubmitted in March, CIC received my App on March 6, I got AOR on April 18, my OWP app was returned on April 28 due to insufficient payment of $100. I immediately paid and resubmitted, my OWP App was received on May 3 and since then I have been waiting. I have done medical and passed.

My question now is that I would be 6 month in Canada by June 9, 2019 when I would out of status, will this also affect my OWP App? What do I need to do if I am out of status? I will appreciate your response. Thanks.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I have almost the same issue with this, I came into Canada on the 9th of December 2018, I applied for PR same December, but it was returned in February due to incomplete documents. I resubmitted in March, CIC received my App on March 6, I got AOR on April 18, my OWP app was returned on April 28 due to insufficient payment of $100. I immediately paid and resubmitted, my OWP App was received on May 3 and since then I have been waiting. I have done medical and passed.

My question now is that I would be 6 month in Canada by June 9, 2019 when I would out of status, will this also affect my OWP App? What do I need to do if I am out of status? I will appreciate your response. Thanks.
If your OWP app was returned again you'd be in bother, you should apply online to extend your stay as a visitor to be safe.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
What happened if it’s not returned again? I have a 4 year visiting visa.
If you were out of status while they were processing OWP you would be under implied status until a decision was made. If it wasn't returned you'd have nothing to worry about.

Papaski

May 18, 2019
If you were out of status while they were processing OWP you would be under implied status until a decision was made. If it wasn't returned you'd have nothing to worry about.
Great, thank you so much for the information. I appreciate you.

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
You can try, can't see why they wouldn't give it. They can't ask inland applicants to leave the country for biometrics. If you were denied re-entry at the border your application would be abandoned.
I used web form asking for a refund as I paid everything altogether. Hope they can return the money to me.

Alasabie

Mar 13, 2019
Yep. Good call.
Hello again, so I called again today, and surprisingly I got more insight than yesterday call, so here is what I got today, they have told me since my application was stamped with received 21st of March and it was in status at the time and because of the missing fees it was sent back, now they will process it in 4 months but the catch is that either they will take the restoration fees from my PR fees and continue the application or they will request the fees by email and not return my OWP but wait for the fees, now she also advised me to resent the application with the fees of restoration and the work permit application attached to the same office and attach a letter explaining that I forgot to pay the restoration fees, please take this application instead of the first one and proceed. That's what she told me.