+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2019 INLAND SPONSORSHIP****

davey

Jun 27, 2016
Hi everyone, I’m sponsoring my wife who’s already in Canada, we have received AOR few weeks ago. we sent paper application to Mississauga with all the necessary documents and my proof of income ( current job offer letter), unfortunately I changed my employer couple of weeks ago, so should I notify IRCC and send my (sponser) new job offer letter?
Thanks in advance.
Not necessarily. Although IRCC states that one needs to keep their information updated throughout the process, it calls out these as required for notification:
  • marriage or divorce or separation
  • birth or adoption of a child
  • death of an applicant or dependant
  • contact information updates, including
    • email
    • phone number
    • mailing address
see more here...https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/track-update-application.html#update

I think it won't hurt to send in the new update about your employer but I would rather send a confirmation of employment letter than a job offer letter.

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Were you in status when you applied? If not, then the officer is right.
Do you mind elaborating on this one ? I was in status when we applied and we received AOR one day after my visa expired 21-05-2019, however, I applied for an extension a month ago and I should hear back sometime next week based on the processing time shown in the website. would that impact my OWP application ?

Dannysg320

May 25, 2018
Hello!

We sent ours (Common-Law/Quebec/Outland, but living in Canada)

Received Application: March 11th, 2019.

Acknowledgement of Receipt of Application: April 9th, 2019

Began Processing Application: April 8th, 2019

April 26th, 2019 (Sent out letter with decision about whether Sponsor is eligible, but it never arrived)

April 29th, 2019 - Sponsor received email indicating he had been approved to sponsor.

May 6th, 2019 - Email to inform that application was sent to CPC Mississauga for further processing (since Sponsorship eligibility was approved).
(For Quebec Applicants Only) - Send out additional documents/application for Immigration Quebec Processing.

May 22nd, 2019 - (Via Tracking number) Quebec Application arrived at their office.

***Currently awaiting further updates from Immigration Canada and Quebec***

***Side note*** Pretty much all correspondence I've received has been through my boyfriend's email so far. So make sure your sponsor is checking his/her emails. Also, to link application look for YOUR UCI number in your CIC account (NOT your Sponsor's, which will show up in the initial emails along with the application number. The application number IS the same one for the entire process.)

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hello!

We sent ours (Common-Law/Quebec/Outland, but living in Canada)

Received Application: March 11th, 2019.

Acknowledgement of Receipt of Application: April 9th, 2019

Began Processing Application: April 8th, 2019

April 26th, 2019 (Sent out letter with decision about whether Sponsor is eligible, but it never arrived)

April 29th, 2019 - Sponsor received email indicating he had been approved to sponsor.

May 6th, 2019 - Email to inform that application was sent to CPC Mississauga for further processing (since Sponsorship eligibility was approved).
(For Quebec Applicants Only) - Send out additional documents/application for Immigration Quebec Processing.

May 22nd, 2019 - (Via Tracking number) Quebec Application arrived at their office.

***Currently awaiting further updates from Immigration Canada and Quebec***

***Side note*** Pretty much all correspondence I've received has been through my boyfriend's email so far. So make sure your sponsor is checking his/her emails. Also, to link application look for YOUR UCI number in your CIC account (NOT your Sponsor's, which will show up in the initial emails along with the application number. The application number IS the same one for the entire process.)
Hi please kindly post this in the Outland thread instead to avoid any confusion

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Hi
My partner (Canadian citizen) is sponsoring and we submitted PR & OWP on March 8, received AOR for PR on April 21. April 26 received OWP app back because I paid insufficient fees. Resubmitted May 8.
Medical examination requested May 20.

Is the medical exam requested in terms of PR app only?
My OWP is now back in the queue, does it get lumped with everyone else's or does it get expedited because my PR is in progress?
Can I receive PR before OWP?
How long after medical exam do you receive next set of instructions, and what are those?

Thanks
OWP: Unfortunately you are back on the queue and now It will take between 3 to 4 months, I am Dec 19th, 2018 and resent my OWP they received it on March 4th, due to same missing fee, I have attached the letter but that seems doesn't count, I will be out of status on June 4th and will be reaching the 3 month after I resent it, this really sucks!

In some cases, people get first PR than OWP when they have resubmitted it.

After medical passed, I believe next step is BGC (Back Ground Check) but It could be anytime by the end of the PR process, there is no pattern, could be 4, 5,6, 7 months after medical passed.

And, yes, medical exam is requested just for PR, you don't need this for OWP.

Reactions: TrishGerbs

PR_app

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
March 14 applicant. Just had the PA's medical exam done today and hopefully everything passes.

Question for background check: Does IRCC do different kinds/levels of background checks depending on the application or is it pretty much the same for all? (like checks for OWP, Visitor, PR Sponsorship)

Reactions: TrishGerbs

saublebeach

Apr 29, 2019

Hi,

I am also March 2019 inland applicant. I used IMM 5533 (03-2019) Checklist form and I used tracked courier service. In the checklist the address was listed 49 Dorchester Street, Sydney, Nova Scotia, B1P 5Z2 if you're using courier service. However, I called IRCC call centre today and the agent advised that this is wrong address and we should have sent it to 2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 300 Mississauga, ON L4Z 1H8.

I am wondering anyone else in this situation and what they had done to rectify this.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017

Hi,

I am also March 2019 inland applicant. I used IMM 5533 (03-2019) Checklist form and I used tracked courier service. In the checklist the address was listed 49 Dorchester Street, Sydney, Nova Scotia, B1P 5Z2 if you're using courier service. However, I called IRCC call centre today and the agent advised that this is wrong address and we should have sent it to 2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 300 Mississauga, ON L4Z 1H8.

I am wondering anyone else in this situation and what they had done to rectify this.
It will either be sent back to you or they will forward it to the appropriate office.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
So, it's been 64 days already. If they would have sent it back I would have received it already. I guess they had forwarded to the right office.
Just because it's been 64 days do not assume that. It can take 3+ months. They should be able to tell you if you call. Fingers crossed they just forwarded it on!

TrishGerbs

May 21, 2019
OWP: Unfortunately you are back on the queue and now It will take between 3 to 4 months, I am Dec 19th, 2018 and resent my OWP they received it on March 4th, due to same missing fee, I have attached the letter but that seems doesn't count, I will be out of status on June 4th and will be reaching the 3 month after I resent it, this really sucks!

In some cases, people get first PR than OWP when they have resubmitted it.

After medical passed, I believe next step is BGC (Back Ground Check) but It could be anytime by the end of the PR process, there is no pattern, could be 4, 5,6, 7 months after medical passed.

And, yes, medical exam is requested just for PR, you don't need this for OWP.
Thanks for your input.
Can you post your timeline once you've received word on your OWP?

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
That is true if when you sent application off or when they received it you are out of status as implied status does not count
Were you in status when you applied? If not, then the officer is right.
Do you mind elaborating on this one ? I was in status when we sent the application and when they received it and we received AOR one day after my visa expired 21-05-2019, however, I applied for an extension a month before that and I should hear back sometime next week based on the processing time shown in the website, but I haven't heard anything yet. How would that impact my OWP application ?

Can you guys clarify this for me please ?

Nana1113

May 8, 2019
Hi
Just can someone clarify this to us,
My OWP arrived and will expired on March 2021.. Me and my wife (sponsor) try to get my Gov ID (BC ID) and MSP ( ID ) however ICBC just get our application and will wait for 1month for addtional verification.. Is this a normal senario for Inland sponsorship?