+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2019 INLAND SPONSORSHIP****

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
What can we do? This is second time sending. Can't call without application number.
you can still check the status of your application over the phone even if you don't have the application number. Just call the IRCC and speak to the representative and give them your UCI number or your Particulars and they will update you the reason of abnormal delay.

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hi Guys,

Here is the update on my Timeline:
I first sent my application in December which came back due to a minor error, and I resent it on March 12 along with the restoration of status which was delivered on March 14. Therefore here is the new update on my application today:

App Received: Mar 14
PA's ECAS Status: "~~IN PROCESS~~": *** April 27 ***
AOR: (Since I applied through a Lawyer, so most probably he has received the AOR in his email today. I will check with him on Monday).

Thats a Relief indeed. I wish everyone else in this forum waiting for their AOR or OWP shall get them asap. I will keep you all posted with any other updates on my case and ya all please do the same. Good luck !!!

maripositalinda

Mar 24, 2019
Hey maripositalinda,

I can only feel your disappointment from their misleading information and the thought of sending it and waiting again. Rest assured, I've been there because of their mistake and had to send it again. After waiting 45 days (for the 2nd time), I've received my AOR. it's not easy but it's possible to do it, you just need to be perseverance...
Wish you the best and keep your head up...
Barak85
The worst part is in the letter they said I should use the check list 02-2018, and I used 06-2018, so I am EXTREMELY confused.

Please, can someone tell me where I can find all the corrects forms fo fill? Maybe a link or something.

Thanks!

Barak85

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
The worst part is in the letter they said I should use the check list 02-2018, and I used 06-2018, so I am EXTREMELY confused.

Please, can someone tell me where I can find all the corrects forms fo fill? Maybe a link or something.

Thanks!
Hey,
I attach the link for the most updated forms.
you need to choose your country of residence and who are you sponsoring. you can also check if you need additional documents below.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
Please let me know if it helped you.

Elin0329

Apr 24, 2019
Hello guys!
I received the AOR email today.
Application received: march 15th
AOR email: April 27th

Last edited:

SoulBrotha

Feb 26, 2019
Hello everyone, just to let you know that my package arrived on march 8, and I just got a response. Sadly, there was a mistake with the forms and I got the package back. But I am very upset because they said the police certificate was missing, when I called in beforehand to ask if I ll need that and they told me I was gonna be asked for it later on. Apparently the ones who sent the forms with the november update are going to have same problem, because that document was listed in the new checklist from february. I thought, as I read in this forum that they were gonna accept the previews version of the form but seems like it isn't the case.

Beat of luck to all.
It sounds like since you sent yours in after the February checklist update, you needed to provide the nee checklist and PC upfront since that's what the checklist states. They forgive people who sent theirs before the February update.

For example, someone who sent it in January would get their app looked at sometime around March. Because it was sent before the update, even if it was close in timing, theirs is forgiven even though they have the outdated form. It was the correct form when they sent it in. Maybe you saved the previous version on your computer and then it updated without you realizing it?

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
I sent my application earlier in Mid January. Got it returned early March. Resent it on March 11. Got delivered on March 14. Got AOR today April 27.
Able to see status on ECAS. Not able to link it on CIC account (will keep trying).
Good luck everyone.

PR_app

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
We haven't received AOR email yet however i checked the status on ECAS and it says Sponsorship Application: In Process April 26. Application received on March 14.

Are we able to link our application now even though we haven't received the AOR email yet? If yes, how to do it? Thank you!

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Update:
My lawyer has just sent me my AOR.
App Received : Mar 14
AOR email: April 27, 2019 (Today)

Can someone please tell me if I can exchange my USA Drivers License on the base of this AOR, or I will have to wait until I get the OWP and then I can go to SAAQ in Montreal to have my USA license exchanged with the Quebec one?

carmenlau

Nov 7, 2017
Hello, I received the email on April 26th, got my UCI and application number but I am still unable to link the application to my account.

I used the other "check status" link, the application is there that say its in process.

Anyone else able/unable to link application?

Linka93

Nov 23, 2017
Toronto
Update:
My lawyer has just sent me my AOR.
App Received : Mar 14
AOR email: April 27, 2019 (Today)

Can someone please tell me if I can exchange my USA Drivers License on the base of this AOR, or I will have to wait until I get the OWP and then I can go to SAAQ in Montreal to have my USA license exchanged with the Quebec one?
I might not be helpful because I live in Ontario but I only needed two pieces of ID to get Drivers Licence(That was my first DL ever) and nobody cared about my visa or work permit but I suggest you research it on your own online.

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
I might not be helpful because I live in Ontario but I only needed two pieces of ID to get Drivers Licence(That was my first DL ever) and nobody cared about my visa or work permit but I suggest you research it on your own online.
Ohh wow, I wish if I was that lucky. I went to SAAQ here and they told me that you need US DL along with Your PR, VISA or Study permit which shows your status in Canada and they will give me the Quebec License.
By the way, what kind of two IDs can be used in Toronto if I exchange my license there in Ontario?

Linka93

Nov 23, 2017
Toronto
Hello, I received the email on April 26th, got my UCI and application number but I am still unable to link the application to my account.

I used the other "check status" link, the application is there that say its in process.

Anyone else able/unable to link application?
I linked mine after a few days. It says that it should take up to 5 business days to have your application in system so I gave up after a few times. Also I’ve read some suggestions of using your passport number instead of DoB and number of applicants - if that’s just you and no other family members being sponsored it will be 2. You plus your spouse.

Linka93

Nov 23, 2017
Toronto
Ohh wow, I wish if I was that lucky. I went to SAAQ here and they told me that you need US DL along with Your PR, VISA or Study permit which shows your status in Canada and they will give me the Quebec License.
By the way, what kind of two IDs can be used in Toronto if I exchange my license there in Ontario?
I suppose it’s right way to get it done then! I was actually so surprised that anybody can go and get a DL in Ontario not even showing any prove of address.
It has to be some official IDs, I already had Ontario Photo Card which looks similar to DL, it was actually taken away once I applied for DL and passport from my country.