+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2019 INLAND SPONSORSHIP****

TrishGerbs

May 21, 2019
I received my OWP last week and today I received a letter confirming my interview time for next week. How long does the interview process take and how long does it take to get a SIN?

res74

Feb 28, 2019
We are a March applicants as well. Does anyone know if they will refuse the application if we just sent photocopies of federal clearances? Only recent found this and reading all the replies about background check are worrying me as we sent photocopies with original application and today we have the "Decision Made". This was after Medical was asked and received back in June.

Papaski

May 18, 2019
I received my OWP last week and today I received a letter confirming my interview time for next week. How long does the interview process take and how long does it take to get a SIN?
Congratulations, I believe that's the final step.

Papaski

May 18, 2019
They started reviewing my eligibility on Tuesday (20th), when I checked my application status, it was saying decision made and this is not reflecting on my profile. I called CIC and the agent told me that my eligibility was approved that same 20th, but I have not received any letter or mail. I am just wondering why the delay.

pxlxyp

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi all!
My husband and I are planning to move to Vancouver next and will be applying for an inland spousal sponsorship. Thank you for all those who contributed to this thread so far, it's been so helpful!
Just a quick question:

My husband was in a common-law relationship with someone else for a few years in the UK, on an unmarried partner /spousal visa. We have been friends for a long time and we got together after he broke up with his previous partner. We got married early this month and are planning the next stage of our lives together!

Just wanted to ask - in the application forms, I assume that he would have to declare that he was in a previous common-law relationship before? Just worried how this would affect our application in any way. We have proofs of address that we've lived together, joint bank accounts, travel tickets, pictures etc together.. Do you reckon CIC would wonder about his previous relationship and question ours?

Thank you!!

PR_app

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Hi all!
My husband and I are planning to move to Vancouver next and will be applying for an inland spousal sponsorship. Thank you for all those who contributed to this thread so far, it's been so helpful!
Just a quick question:

My husband was in a common-law relationship with someone else for a few years in the UK, on an unmarried partner /spousal visa. We have been friends for a long time and we got together after he broke up with his previous partner. We got married early this month and are planning the next stage of our lives together!

Just wanted to ask - in the application forms, I assume that he would have to declare that he was in a previous common-law relationship before? Just worried how this would affect our application in any way. We have proofs of address that we've lived together, joint bank accounts, travel tickets, pictures etc together.. Do you reckon CIC would wonder about his previous relationship and question ours?

Thank you!!
Yes, you have to declare if you have ever been in common-law relationship before. I remember there’s a question in the forms asking both the sponsor and applicant. It shouldn’t have any effect on your app as long as you declare it. For proof of cohabitation, just make sure you have enough to prove at least 1 year of living together.

The only reason i could think of that CIC would question your past and current relationship if it seems that it wasn’t genuine or if you were involved with relationship/marriage fraud to solely get a visa.

Jaszer

Mar 16, 2019
Hello,

What should anyone expect from the interview? What kind of questions do they ask?
Thanks
heres what someone posted in the February forum that they were asked:
have you ever committed any crime? have you ever been refused to enter Canada? Have you ever been forced to leave Canada?
everyone in that forum said the interview was very straight forward so hopefully its the same for us :)

Reactions: tbt7788
Feb 13, 2017
I was asked for additional proof I live here - any idea what would be enough? I've already sent a copy of our lease and rental insurance (both mine and my partner's names are on both).

braztoNL

Jul 19, 2019
Hi all,

I got AIP yesterday and Decision Made in both sides in the eCAS today. Does anyone know what the next step is?

Thanks!

Jaszer

Mar 16, 2019
March 12 applicant, landing interview was today, very straight forward and easy. process is complete! thanks everyone and good luck :)

Last edited: