+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2019 INLAND SPONSORSHIP****

Samantha F

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019

Canmien

May 2, 2019
Please help, they asked me to submit police clearance, but I’m just visitor here, can I get police clearance here in Canada?
Hello,

When was your app received? They also asked me to submit an additional document which is the updated noa. Was your application returned?

Canmien

May 2, 2019
App received March 15th, they just sent email this morning

My app was received on march 26th. Received request for additional doc (noa) too. With documents not returned. I’m wondering if we hand in what they requested, will they respond right away to give us aor? Or will they put us back on the line?

isadorafranca

Apr 25, 2019
Please help, they asked me to submit police clearance, but I’m just visitor here, can I get police clearance here in Canada?
It depends on the country where you come from. I got mine online but it lasts for only 90 days. Since my application was returned yesterday after almost 2 months, I had to get a new one and also its new translation. :/

isadorafranca

Apr 25, 2019
My app was received on march 26th. Received request for additional doc (noa) too. With documents not returned. I’m wondering if we hand in what they requested, will they respond right away to give us aor? Or will they put us back on the line?
You're very lucky.
They returned our application yesterday because my husband didn't have his taxes done (NOA) by the time we mailed our application (March 27th), even though he had sent a letter of explanation. We're assuming they didn't like his letter. They could just have asked for a new one.
Now we're updating some forms and getting a new translation to my Police Certificate so we can mail the whole application again. :/

Nana1113

May 8, 2019
Hi
mine is

Apps sent -March 21,2019
Recieved- March 25,2019
Aor-May 7,2019
OWP- waiting
Medical- waiting
PR- waiting

May I know if anyone here has same senario, and can anyone here can tell us how many more days will my OWP be approved?

I just heared good news
Medical Request- May 14,2019
OWP approval-May 14,2019( sof copy via email)

isadorafranca

Apr 25, 2019
Question about Canadian Police Certificate:

I'm going to mail my application back by Friday. I've been here since December 2018. I already have the Police Certificate of my country. I just don't know if I should mark the box in the checklist that says: "if you have lived in Canada for the last 6 months, police certificates for Canada aren't required at this time. IRCC will make a request for a canadiCa police certificate on your behalf. Check here if this applies to you"; because by the time they open my application, I'll be living here for 6 months already.
What do you think I should do? Check the box or not?

SoulBrotha

Feb 26, 2019
App Received on March 11 (Not 14 as I previously posted)

AOR received April 25

Medical request received May 9

Still no OWP yet, which is making me nervous because other people who've sent theirs in after me have reported them. Hopefully soon enough.
Still have not received OWP yet as a March 11 applicant. I know we aren't supposed to compare our cases to others in regards to timeline, but it's a little disheartening that we've still heard nothing about it yet

tbt7788

Jan 21, 2019
Still have not received OWP yet as a March 11 applicant. I know we aren't supposed to compare our cases to others in regards to timeline, but it's a little disheartening that we've still heard nothing about it yet
I have not checked in a few weeks the excel control and today I noticed that many people that app was received around March 13th already were requested medical exams. My app was received on March 6th. I got my OWP but any sign of medical exam requests.

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Hello,

When was your app received? They also asked me to submit an additional document which is the updated noa. Was your application returned?
Does anyone else also have this problem? As I know the checklist says that for Canadian police certificate, we don't have to prepare for it. CIC will request one for us. Now I am confused. Because a person who applied in February got the application returned due to missing Canadian police certificate.

In the meantime, @Cessroberts you can check this:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

Last edited:

tbt7788

Jan 21, 2019
Does anyone else also have this problem? As I know the checklist says that for Canadian police certificate, we don't have to prepare for it. CIC will request one for us. Now I am confused. Because a person who applied in February got the application returned due to missing Canadian police certificate.
I sent my application on March 6th and I did not attach the Canadian Criminal Records following the instruction that they will ask for it. I have been in Canada for 4 years. so far, I haven't received any notification or message requesting anything. Good luck! Probably depends on each case.