+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2019 Citizenship Applications

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
I have contacted by MP office and all they have to say is "immigration is waiting for clearance from Health Canada" to conduct test.
I am march 2019 applicant and in process since July 2019.
RBC report says Citizenship application processing has been slowed by 67% and Permanent Resident application processing has been slowed by 80% and this backlog could last for several months.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7288387/canada-immigration-coronavirus-rbc/
While we are thinking how to be vocal, Canada's immigration minister is more worried about the Climate change initiative than to restart the immigration department.
https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/news/2020/08/government-of-canada-supports-innovative-climate-action-by-the-city-of-toronto.html

Really Frustrating.
Seriously... What the Hell IRCC !!!

Everything else in Canada is Open yet they are giving this miserable Pathetic Excuse !!!

aftaglow

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Mississauga
Good morning all,

Just got my virtual Oath Ceremony for Wed 09 Sep, but I have received it from a single person name, xyz@cic.gc.ca not from there automated long email address, also my status is not updated on ECAS that I have been invited for the Virtual oath, is it normal?

Thanks

Lulu91

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Good morning all,

Just got my virtual Oath Ceremony for Wed 09 Sep, but I have received it from a single person name, xyz@cic.gc.ca not from there automated long email address, also my status is not updated on ECAS that I have been invited for the Virtual oath, is it normal?

Thanks
Others who have received virtual invites have said the same thing especially Scarborough; that it comes from a personal email that ends in @cic.gc.ca and many have also said they did not get an update on ECAS at all (once again especially Scarborough). They said they didn’t get an update on ECAS until after they completed the ceremony.

Reactions: aftaglow

aftaglow

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Mississauga
Others who have received virtual invites have said the same thing especially Scarborough; that it comes from a personal email that ends in @cic.gc.ca and many have also said they did not get an update on ECAS at all (once again especially Scarborough). They said they didn’t get an update on ECAS until after they completed the ceremony.
Yup, I passed my test in Scarborough. Thank you for clearing it up

mpsb07

May 27, 2019
Got a question... I had passed my test in Feb and was waiting for my oath date.
Today got a request for fingerprints although I had got a request for the same in March 2019 and I had provided them at that time.

Anyone has an idea if someone was asked for fingerprints twice and that too after a decision made on the application.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Today got a request for fingerprints although I had got a request for the same in March 2019 and I had provided them at that time.

Anyone has an idea if someone was asked for fingerprints twice and that too after a decision made on the application.
Yes, saw the same in some other thread(Apr 2019).
Seems like they forward the criminal records(not the fingerprints) to cic which expire in 12 months hence they ask for another time before the application is approved.

Reactions: mpsb07

Alberta30

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
I became a Canadian Citizen on September 1, 2020 and received my certificate today September 18th, however my ecas still says decision made. Today's fulfillment was 6 years in the making, I am finally done with all of these immigration paper work. Congratulations to all the new Canadian's and for those in the making, big congrats when it happens .

mfaisalm.ch

Dec 11, 2013

I applied in March 2019 and got a request for FP twice on Aug 27, 2020. The application status changed from DM to IP.

cla3107

Jan 19, 2014

Hey I'm in the same boat, i actually had a date for oath ceremony which was cancelled due to Covid and then they sent me a request for fingerprinting again which was already done last year. I just re did it as inquiring using the webform did not help. So bizarre as clearly the delay is on their side.

Maysashahin90

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Hey all
In the reason part of the absence how elaborate must it be ?
I was absent for 14 months total does that make any difference?? Out of the last 4.5 years I was available for 3 years and 3 months will those 14 months affect?
Most of them were soft landing (10 months 20 days)

fim71

Jun 27, 2019
Yes I have already provided
Hi there, any update after you submitted your FP again. I am on the same page as you, they send me FP request again last week, I did mine last Sat. And so I am waiting for updates, but don’t know how long. Thanks