+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2019 Citizenship Applications

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
If you didn't get an entry/exit record via 0520 form, then it does not affect you.

The situation I'm referencing are those who visit the US, don't get stamps (often US citizens who immigrated to Canada, but does affect other visa-exempt countries like most of Europe, Austraila, etc. who happen to have lots of US trips in the 5 years prior to citizenship application).

If you have US trips, no passport stamps, then the officer has the discretion to pull an 0520, which triggers this lengthy request for FOIA records access for entry dates to the US.

...Its a pain!
Well I'm not from a US exempt visa country so I have actually 1 stamp for every 6 months period which is the time frame a B2 stamp is valid for.

ZIZ478385

Jul 21, 2019
ottawa
Hey Guys,

I did my test on Novmber 13, I called IRCC today the agent told me my clearance is still in process.

Any ideas how long it might take?

moe1360

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
I am on the same boat. From my ATIP notes my understanding is that they start background checks when the file goes in process. Some people get their clearance before the test but some people like us need more time to get the clearance. I did some statistics based on 2018 data and looks like that for people that there is a big gap between the test and decesion made status the background check takes around 180 days. This is the time between when the file goes in process and decision made.
According to the January thread this time has been increased to 210 days

Don’t they do the background checks before the test. I gave test on Nov 28 still in process.

Sandy91234

Jun 22, 2019
I am on the same boat. From my ATIP notes my understanding is that they start background checks when the file goes in process. Some people get their clearance before the test but some people like us need more time to get the clearance. I did some statistics based on 2018 data and looks like that for people that there is a big gap between the test and decesion made status the background check takes around 180 days. This is the time between when the file goes in process and decision made.
According to the January thread this time has been increased to 210 days
180 days from date of receipt of application / aor or 180 / 210 from date of test ?

Wichen12

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Finally got my test

Test send 1/7/2020

Test date 1/27/2029

March 15 application good luck for everyone's waiting

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
Anyone from Toronto or Scarborough got Oath Invite this year? I got DM in Dec 25 and haven't got the letter yet. My relatives came for end of year and were supposed to fly back home next Monday but now they are willing to stay a bit more so they can be here for my ceremony. I've called IRCC call center and only thing they said is that my DM was positive and that they're now looking for scheduling my ceremony but no estimate of when that shall happen. Is there anything that I can do to at least get a proper estimate so they can re-book their flight accordingly? Thanks

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Anyone from Toronto or Scarborough got Oath Invite this year? I got DM in Dec 25 and haven't got the letter yet. My relatives came for end of year and were supposed to fly back home next Monday but now they are willing to stay a bit more so they can be here for my ceremony. I've called IRCC call center and only thing they said is that my DM was positive and that they're now looking for scheduling my ceremony but no estimate of when that shall happen. Is there anything that I can do to at least get a proper estimate so they can re-book their flight accordingly? Thanks
Not really, you have to wait your turn like everyone else. It will depend on the location for the ceremony, how many people they have ahead of you and how many days per week they have a ceremony.

Reactions: fabianonetto

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
Not really, you have to wait your turn like everyone else. It will depend on the location for the ceremony, how many people they have ahead of you and how many days per week they have a ceremony.
Thanks for your response. Is there a way to know at least how many ceremonies they have per week as you said? I started my application when I was living downtown Toronto but last year I moved to North York. I took my test in Scarborough so I assume that I'm having my ceremony at the same place.

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
Thanks for your response. Is there a way to know at least how many ceremonies they have per week as you said? I started my application when I was living downtown Toronto but last year I moved to North York. I took my test in Scarborough so I assume that I'm having my ceremony at the same place.
I actually just found this https://secure.cic.gc.ca/CeremonySearch/search-recherche-eng.aspx guess it can give me at least an idea of when the ceremonies are happening....