+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2019 Citizenship Applications

mehrajv

Oct 15, 2016
Did my oath yesterday in Edmonton Alberta. Feels good to be a Canadian. Thanks to everyone on this thread for your support. For those still waiting, hang in there. It will all end in joy. I wish you all a merry Christmas and beautiful 2020.
Congratulations!!!
Merry Christmas and Happy 2020 to you and all the mates!

Lloyd2017a

Aug 2, 2019
Admin,

Can you please add me to the spreadsheet:

App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1,473
App. Sent: March 15, 2019
App Delivered: March 19, 2019
AOR: May 16, 2019
In Process ECAS: July 15th, 2019

Thank you !

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
Took my test on December 5th and nailed it, 20/20. Though on the interview, the officer said that I had to redo my physical presence calculator.

Problem was that I submitted my application with 1098 days and they got report from the CBSA where I had about 8 land entries in Niagara as well as an entry on Pearson not reported and they were concerned about me not falling under 1095 days. All my land border crossings were same day trips since I have a PO Box in Niagara Falls, NY and eventually go there to pick up stuff . I knew those did not count as they were same day trips so I never kept track of them but still I had to put them into my report. Also, the entry at Pearson was because I landed at 1AM and in my report, I had put the day before since I was coming from a trip to LA and had the ticket date in mind. All fixed and sent back to them on the same day. December 25 I saw that my status updated in ecas to decision made. Called IRCC this morning and they confirmed that my new physical presence calculator has been approved and now I shall wait for the oath letter.

Kindly ask admin to please update my record in the spreadsheet

Thanks

Ash201288

Aug 10, 2019
Please update the spread sheet

1. We sent you a notice on December 19, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 11, 2020 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    *Note: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

Reactions: mehrajv

Canadianavisa2017

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Hi Folks,

just a question, how much time would it take in system to change the status to decision made after the test is done. Also how much time would it take for the oath ceremony. Thanks

Reactions: mehrajv

rome5000

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Toronto
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Hi Folks,

just a question, how much time would it take in system to change the status to decision made after the test is done. Also how much time would it take for the oath ceremony. Thanks
Decision made usually takes 24 hours to change.
Oath ceremony from 1 day to a few weeks or even months depending on location and officer.

Mike321

Dec 2, 2019
Hi Folks,

I've been waiting for the oath invitation 4 months now since I did the exam, and still waiting. (still in process).

Last edited:

gamyf

Mar 23, 2019
Hello! You can update the spreadsheet I got my test invite on Dec 30th for January 21st. I'm in Mexico and I won't be back till February the 15th so I'll have to contact them to change the date. Has somebody in here knows if it's a big deal for them having to reschedule my test. We already have our flights and our acommodation payed till February, It will be a real pain cut off our trip almost a month!

yrduk

Feb 10, 2015
Became a Canadian citizen today. Thank you all for the support on this forum - and best wishes to everyone else still in the process. Happy new year everyone!

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
Does this mean you didn't have to wait on FOIA request from the US? Did you get an 0520 request?
I don't get your question. I didn't get any request of that nature. Only thing I had to get was my FBI clearance as I lived for more than 6 months in the US in the 4 years prior to my citizenship application