+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>March 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

Roseick

Oct 18, 2018
Yes, in the letter, they didn't even mention my full time employment that I still had when I got the ITA. A letter from the company included more than 2 years worth of pay stubs. Now I've been completely locked out of the cic.ga.ca (GCkey) account but before it disappeared, my background check status changed to 25th April so they checked my BG on the day I got my Biometrics but sat on it for 7 months without any request for information, just "I'm not convinced you meet the skilled worker requirement". I have a PhD in Environmental Eng. and worked for 2.5 years before my work authorization expired in the USA.
Any idea where I can get legal advice on this?
Thanks guys and sorry for ranting here.
As others already mentioned, you can't claim TA experience towards CRS score. I really had to dig into my emails to find the contact of a lawyer. Let me know if you still need it. Good luck.

KwamedD82

Oct 23, 2019
I am so sorry to hear this but stay strong and don't give up. Do you mind sharing the letter by copy pasting the info here (remove application identification numbers and such) then people can advise you well.

Jan 10 I remember the CRS was 447, so if they did remove the experience while working as Graduate Teaching Assistant then your CRS will fall down the CRS cut off point and it is automatic refusal. You will only have 2 years and few months, so the 3 years maximum points won't be gained.

There could be two reasons why they didn't accept the first job, first could be the wrong NOC choice, I don't know how you selected Civil Engineer NOC for this job, and the second thing is officer may not accept work experience while on fulltime student.

Copy pasting the letter here will help a lot to narrow down the reason of refusal because from your post it is not clear why officer rejected the earlier job experience .

Date: November 7, 2019
UCI: Application:
Dear ,
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled
worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) states that a foreign
national is a skilled worker if:
a) within the ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa,
they have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (30 hours/week) work
experience, as described in subsection 73(1), or the equivalent in continuous part-time
work, in the occupation identified in their application as their primary occupation, other
than a restricted occupation, that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or
Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead
statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National
Occupational Classification;
c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties
of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational
Classification, including all of the essential duties;
d) they submitted the results of a designated English or French language test, which is less
than two years old on the date of application, indicating that they have met or exceeded
the applicable language proficiency threshold set by the Minister for each of the four
language skill areas; and
e) they submitted their completed Canadian educational credential or their completed
foreign educational credential and the equivalency assessment from a designated
organization or institution that is less than five years old on the date of application.
I am not satisfied that you meet the requirement(s) under paragraph(s) b), c) in regards to your
employment with University because you have not submitted sufficient evidence to satisfy me
that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation identified in your
application: NOC: 2131 Civil engineers.
As well you have not submitted sufficient evidence to satisfy me that you have performed a substantial
number of the main duties for the occupation identified in your application.
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest
ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry
Comprehensive Ranking System.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national
must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the
regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that
the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies
that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
In addition, according to section 11.2 of the IRPA:
An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent
residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an
application if – at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their
application – the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under
paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked
under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the
invitation.
Section 11.2 of the IRPA requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning
your eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)), as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you
were ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application
for permanent residence is received.
As I have found that you no longer meet the minimum criteria to be eligible to be invited to apply set out
in an instruction given under 10.3(1)(e), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of the Act.
I am therefore refusing your application.
You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid.
The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present
application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention
guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be
returned to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and
would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.
You must remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website, as you are no longer an Express
Entry candidate. You must also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from
any private job board websites, if you used any.
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you may take steps to improve your
competitiveness and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your
language score or gain a higher level of education. However, you must still meet minimum requirements
to enter the Express Entry pool and there is no guarantee that you will that you will be issued another
invitation to apply for permanent residence under one of the immigration programs subject to Express
Entry.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

KwamedD82

Oct 23, 2019
As others already mentioned, you can't claim TA experience towards CRS score. I really had to dig into my emails to find the contact of a lawyer. Let me know if you still need it. Good luck.
Someone put Mark Holthe's contact here but if you do have one you've used before, I'll be glad to have it.

Bvk2001

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
After 8 months of waiting, I got a refusal letter from IRCC telling me my work experience does not meet the requirements. In the past 10 years, I was a PhD student serving as a Graduate Teaching Assistant for four years under NOC 2131 Civil Engineers. From May 2016 to January 2019, I was working as an Environmental Engineer (Also under NOC 2131 Civil Engineers). The officer fixated on the time I was a graduate student and denied my application based on that, instead on my latest job qualification.
The letter indicates that the decision is FINAL. No request for information or anything. Just a letter after exactly 8 months to refuse the application.
Anybody has such an experience before?

EE: 2nd Jan
CRS Score: 458
ITA: 10th Jan
AOR: 5th Mar
Medical Passed: 18th April
Biometric Passed: 25th April
Background Passed: 25th April
Refused: 7th Nov
I m very sorry for your refusal
kindly write to @legalfalcon

Nov 13, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-03-2019
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
Hi,
30th march is my AOR and inland application,
There is no update on my profile after Medical clearance.

Can someone guide me on below queries:

1. I have applied for GCMS notes on Fri, Jun 28, 10:09 PM.
Can I apply for GCMS notes again now?

2. I was not aksed for RCMP anywhere and do I need to give RCMP voluntarily?

Thanks

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
After 8 months of waiting, I got a refusal letter from IRCC telling me my work experience does not meet the requirements. In the past 10 years, I was a PhD student serving as a Graduate Teaching Assistant for four years under NOC 2131 Civil Engineers. From May 2016 to January 2019, I was working as an Environmental Engineer (Also under NOC 2131 Civil Engineers). The officer fixated on the time I was a graduate student and denied my application based on that, instead on my latest job qualification.
The letter indicates that the decision is FINAL. No request for information or anything. Just a letter after exactly 8 months to refuse the application.
Anybody has such an experience before?

EE: 2nd Jan
CRS Score: 458
ITA: 10th Jan
AOR: 5th Mar
Medical Passed: 18th April
Biometric Passed: 25th April
Background Passed: 25th April
Refused: 7th Nov
Isn't the NOC for TA - 4012 and not 2131?

gauri48

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
My soft landing experience

hello guys - today I’ll be sharing with you my soft landing experience (AOR March 2019, PPR email 02 October)

As I am still working in India and have a well settled job here, I was not sure about quitting my job so soon and moving to Canada. Hence I decided to do soft landing and subsequently move to Canada around April-May 2020 (obviously in better weather conditions).

I booked an Air Canada ticket which was a direct flight from Mum-Toronto and return.At the Mumbai airport’ immigration, I was asked the purpose of my visit to Canada to which I said that I’ve received a PR and am going for my formalities. The officer then asked me to produce my PR card but I told him that as I am going there for the first time I do not have a PR card and instead showed him the COPR documents. He verified the docs post which he stamped my passport and I was good to go.

I landed in Toronto at 7 in the morning after a tiring journey of 16 hours! In the flight itself I was given an immigration form in which I had to fill my details like name, passport no. , purpose of visit etc.

After getting off the flight I headed towards the immigration along with other travellers. However when I told an officer there that I am landing for my PR, I was sent to another queue.

Here a lady officer checked my immigration form (which I had already filled in the flight) and the COPR document and asked if I was carrying any cash and milk products. I told the officer the amount of cash I had on me and that I’m carrying butter and milk powder as well. The officer made some notes on the immigration form regarding the cash and milk products I’m carrying.

From here I was sent to another immigration officer (sweet young man). This officer asked for my immigration form, passport and COPR (two copies). Here I was asked the following three questions:
1. If you’ve been convicted of any crime in any country?
2. Ever refused admission to enter or leave Canada?
3. Do you have any dependents which are not listed in your application?

I answered NO to all the above questions. The officer then retained one copy of my COPR and on the other COPR copy he asked me to sign at two places. Then he stamped the COPR copy saying that I became a permanent resident of Canada on XYZ date.
After this the officer asked me how much money in cash I have with me to which I told him I have XX amount of cash. He then asked me where I was staying and if there is any particular address where I would like the PR card to be delivered. I told the officer that I’ll be staying at my friends place and would like the PR card to be mailed there. He didn’t ask me any further questions and handed over the immigration form, passport and COPR copy to me and told me that the COPR copy “is a very important document” and I should keep it safe with me even after I become a citizen.

I was then directed towards a counter where SIN for new comers were generated. At this counter the officer asked me to fill a form meanwhile he checked my immigration form, COPR copy, passport and boarding pass. I handed over the filled form to him and within 2 mins he generated my SIN and handed over the SIN document to me.

I was then asked to proceed towards the customs section. Here the officer again asked for my immigration form, passport and COPR. He read the remark made on the immigration form that I was carrying mill products. He then asked me to open my bags and checked the food items I was carrying. He took butter and milk powder from my bag and threw it in the dustbin. . Then I was asked if there were any goods I am carrying to which I told the officer that my goods will come at a later date. The officer asked me to fill a “Goods to Follow” form where I was asked to detail any and everything that I intend to bring into Canada at a later date. I listed products worth approximately $2,500. The customer officer then directed me to a “cashier counter” where I was given document (which looked more like a receipt implying that I can bring in goods with $2,500 and no custom duty would’ve levied on it). After this I again headed to the customer officer and he handed me my passport, COPR copy and a copy of the Goods to Follow list.

This was the last step at the airport and I was told I can exit the airport and need to visit Service Ontario to apply for my health card.

Hope you found this write up informative and I’ll be happy to answer your questions.
@hmusman79 @Asesino @RAGHUVAR VADREVU thanks for liking the post. Let me know if you have any doubts or queries.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Dear ,
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled
worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) states that a foreign
a) within the ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa,
they have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (30 hours/week) work
experience, as described in subsection 73(1), or the equivalent in continuous part-time
work, in the occupation identified in their application as their primary occupation, other
than a restricted occupation, that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or
b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead
statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National
c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties
of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational
d) they submitted the results of a designated English or French language test, which is less
than two years old on the date of application, indicating that they have met or exceeded
the applicable language proficiency threshold set by the Minister for each of the four
e) they submitted their completed Canadian educational credential or their completed
organization or institution that is less than five years old on the date of application.
I am not satisfied that you meet the requirement(s) under paragraph(s) b), c) in regards to your
employment with University because you have not submitted sufficient evidence to satisfy me
that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation identified in your
As well you have not submitted sufficient evidence to satisfy me that you have performed a substantial
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest
ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national
must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the
regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that
the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies
that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent
residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an
application if – at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their
application – the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under
paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked
under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the
invitation.
Section 11.2 of the IRPA requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning
your eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)), as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you
were ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application
As I have found that you no longer meet the minimum criteria to be eligible to be invited to apply set out
in an instruction given under 10.3(1)(e), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of the Act.
You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid.
The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present
application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention
guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be
returned to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and
would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.
You must remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website, as you are no longer an Express
Entry candidate. You must also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you may take steps to improve your
competitiveness and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your
language score or gain a higher level of education. However, you must still meet minimum requirements
to enter the Express Entry pool and there is no guarantee that you will that you will be issued another
invitation to apply for permanent residence under one of the immigration programs subject to Express
Entry.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
Thank you for posting. I am not a lawyer. But, It is clear the issue is the NOC you chose for the first job. He does not believe you performed the tasks in the lead statement of CIVIL ENGINEER and frankly, without even looking at the lead statement, it is clear you may not have chosen the correct NOC for your first job.

"I am not satisfied that you meet the requirement(s) under paragraph(s) b), c) in regards to your
"

Can you explain the reason behind the selection?

Did you ever ordered GCMS notes?

I believe @Mom of 2 boys also got into RR for NOC code through GCMS she saw the problem and submitted new documents with the correct NOC and pleaded to the visa officer to accept. After many months, officer accepted and she finally received PPR a couple days ago.

Personally, you have chosen a wrong code for your first job and the officer is right to refuse that experience for NOC 2131 since you may not have performed the tasks in the lead statement. Your CRS 458 is very good and if you have not max-ed out your IELTS you could give another try. I know it is extremely difficult, psychologically, to start over.

Get professional view, you may contact a lawyer. James has already posted the one guy I know besides David Cohen (owns this forum).

Reactions: Mom of 2 boys

Mom of 2 boys

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Thank you for posting. I am not a lawyer. But, It is clear the issue is the NOC you chose for the first job. He does not believe you performed the tasks in the lead statement of CIVIL ENGINEER and frankly, without even looking at the lead statement, it is clear you may not have chosen the correct NOC for your first job.

"I am not satisfied that you meet the requirement(s) under paragraph(s) b), c) in regards to your
"

Can you explain the reason behind the selection?

Did you ever ordered GCMS notes?

I believe @Mom of 2 boys also got into RR for NOC code through GCMS she saw the problem and submitted new documents with the correct NOC and pleaded to the visa officer to accept. After many months, officer accepted and she finally received PPR a couple days ago.

Personally, you have chosen a wrong code for your first job and the officer is right to refuse that experience for NOC 2131 since you may not have performed the tasks in the lead statement. Your CRS 458 is very good and if you have not max-ed out your IELTS you could give another try. I know it is extremely difficult, psychologically, to start over.

Get professional view, you may contact a lawyer. James has already posted the one guy I know besides David Cohen (owns this forum).
Yes my case was similar but I was able to submit a new reference letter & a justification to reconcile with A11.2 refusal grounds before the senior officer revisits the file, at that time eligibility was only marked RR by the case analyst only but no final desicion was yet made. In his case it seems like a final desicion has been made but he can appeal, I read about a case who was able to overturn the rejection because it was IRCC mistake. I’m unable to find him now but I’ll keep searching . So sorry 4 u @KwamedD82 , I know how u feel. Please consider appealing

Update: just found him @iamanpathak , check this post https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-2018-aor-join-here.587953/page-688#post-8001406

Last edited:
Reactions: nns14

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Thi
Dear ,

invitation.
Entry.
Sincerely,
www.cic.gc.ca
Yes ,the main reason I pointed out earlier was wrong NoC .
As a TA ,you cant perform duties of Civil Engineer .
You need to get a new letter with a correct NoC.

As I said earlier ,if you are FSW ,you can count you experience during full time studies outside Canada .

Also ,the officer didn’t assert that the experience is not acceptable ,he just mentioned that letter’s duties were not matching with lead statement and main duties of chosen NOC .

Although I highly doubt IRCC will reconsider your application because there are two major problems ( your Selected NOC and duties ) ,you should consult a lawyer for best approach .

Still there is a ray of hope .

@jes_ON @DelPiero07 please give your suggestion,can he request for reconsiderstion ?

Reactions: nns14

a.misra89

Sep 17, 2019
Surrey, UK/ Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
05-03-2019
Hi there, I am new to the group and applied for Canada PR under express entry in February this year from Boston, Massachusetts.

AOR- 5th March 2019
Eligibility- Under review
Criminality- Under review
Security- Under review
Medicals- Passed April 2019
Visa Office- Montreal
Biometrics- Submitted in May 2019

I haven't called them yet because they say this service isn't for people outside of Canada. But I have emailed them a few times using Web form and received the generic response saying its under process and we shall contact you should we need anything from you.

I have not ordered GCMS notes either. Not sure what I can do to make my application speed up a bit besides being patient.

I have been reading posts from other candidates as well and mine is no different. Its been 8 months with no updates since May 2019 when I gave my biometrics.

However, I would love to join the Whatsapp group @legalfalcon is possible? And keep in touch with people with similar stories.
The link in previous posts are broken so if I could be added to the group that would be greatly appreciated. My number is +447375049520

Many thanks

Bests,

Anuj

Reactions: RAGHUVAR VADREVU

riya_91

Nov 4, 2019
My sis has done her B.sc agriculture and M.sc agriculture from US and has worked as supervisor for 2 years and 10 months and then she had to come back to India because she did not get H1 visa. Now she has been waiting for CRS score to drop since last 6-7 months. But no luck. Her score will not raise until she has 3 years of experience in same NOC. What should she do?

Hammertown

Oct 30, 2019
Guys update to my previous post
Passport submitted to vfs india on 31st october

Passport and copr with stamped visa till
april 02 2020 delivered November 8th.

Thank you everyone for your support and advices.
I'll be flying on the 28th this month.

Take care all and god speed!

Hey everyone,
I've been a silent observer and alas today I finally get some good news.

Below are my timeline details

AOR -MARCH27TH
MEDICAL PASSED -APRIL 20
BIOMETRICS SUBMITTED -MAY 11TH(REQUESTED 10TH)
ADR- MAY10TH - CANADIAN RCMP
GHOST UPDATE ON CIC ACCOUNT- OCTOBER 29TH(NO EMAILS )
PPR - OCTOBER 30TH

I'm am truly humbled by the long wait and I only hope I get the visa stamped asap.

My application was held at CIO SYDNEY (LUCKY ME LOL )
I HAD MAILED RALPH GOODALE A MONTH GO after my 6 month was passed and I called cic on election day.
Maybe I was lucky.
I really hope everyone gets this PR and start reliving their lives.

Thankyou and TC

UPDATE- Submitted passport on oct 31 ...processing time according to vfs is 15 working days