+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>March 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

vipulchadda

Jan 15, 2019
Hyderabad, India
Hi. My company had applied for ICT work permit for me last year for which I had gotten an upfront medical done on 12th September 2018. I did not travel with that. When I received my ITA on Jan 30th, the medical center mentioned that I can use the same medicals for PR as well.

My question is that my AOR is 15th March and the 6 months deadline is 15th September. Should I get another medical done just to be on the safe side? ( Is that even possible?) Or should I call IRCC and ask?

Note:1) My current status:
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: April 30, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: Completed.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

2) I called them up last week and asked about my status. This is the reply I got: "Your file is currently at Ottawa. Your background check is in progress post receiving your biometrics. Nothing else is going on."

Reactions: Orji_michael

Sagar modi

Oct 16, 2017
Hi. My company had applied for ICT work permit for me last year for which I had gotten an upfront medical done on 12th September 2018. I did not travel with that. When I received my ITA on Jan 30th, the medical center mentioned that I can use the same medicals for PR as well.

My question is that my AOR is 15th March and the 6 months deadline is 15th September. Should I get another medical done just to be on the safe side? ( Is that even possible?) Or should I call IRCC and ask?

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

2) I called them up last week and asked about my status. This is the reply I got: "Your file is currently at Ottawa. Your background check is in progress post receiving your biometrics. Nothing else is going on."

Now again medical is not possible as your medical has been cleared. You should have done your medical again before aor. because now you have only 3 months remaining to be expired your medical. so if you will get copr before that then you will have very short window to land in canada. and if you will not get ppr before medical expire then you will receive a request for medical again. and that probably will delay your process. I think you should call to cic and ask for solution to them. It is my opinion and assumptions. Senior can help you in this regard. Best of luck.

Orji_michael

Mar 15, 2019

Same boat. March 15th AOR, FSW-O, Same status messages, Same Ottawa, Same response when I called 2 weeks ago; background check in progress. Plan calling them next month again. fingers crossed...best of luck

comet7700

Aug 24, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27/03/2019
@vipulchadda

You do not need to do anything. Proactively you can call IRCC and ask if you need to get it done again, if you want to. But there are two things that happen in 90% of the cases:

1. IRCC considers the situation and extends the validity of your Current Medicals. In this case you don't need to do anything, except check the new expiry of your Medicals.
  2. IRCC sends you a request for Re-medical, and you go and get it done.

I would maybe call and ask if there is a concern, and then wait it out. Hopefully you would get PPR before expiry, or that you might get extension, etc. Also, why waste another 3 months of your current medicals with new ones now. Even if you have to, wait for another 2 months.

saire23

Jan 23, 2019
FSW-O (Nationality and country of residence - UK)
AOR 26 March 2019
MEP 8 May 2019
Biometrics 13 May 2019

A couple of weeks ago I had a ghost update and my background check changed from "We are processing your background check, we will message you if we need more information”, to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check", and there's been no change since then.

Does anyone know how I can order GCMS notes from outside Canada, without knowing any Canadian citizens or permanent residences to do this on my behalf?

Thanks

comet7700

Aug 24, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27/03/2019
FSW-O (Nationality and country of residence - UK)
AOR 26 March 2019
MEP 8 May 2019
Biometrics 13 May 2019

A couple of weeks ago I had a ghost update and my background check changed from "We are processing your background check, we will message you if we need more information”, to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check", and there's been no change since then.

Does anyone know how I can order GCMS notes from outside Canada, without knowing any Canadian citizens or permanent residences to do this on my behalf?

Thanks
go to Getgcms.com. It is a straightforward process, and you will have it in email. You will need to fill a simple form that they email you once you make the payment.

vipulchadda

Jan 15, 2019
Hyderabad, India
Thank you for the quick and helpful replies.

I would maybe call and ask if there is a concern, and then wait it out. Hopefully you would get PPR before expiry, or that you might get extension, etc. Also, why waste another 3 months of your current medicals with new ones now. Even if you have to, wait for another 2 months.
I think calling them and asking looks like the best option, and then wait it out.

Thanks again, will keep you guys posted.

Indian1234

May 22, 2019
Here are my timelines:
FSW INLAND

AOR - Mar 10 2019
Medical Passed - April 26 2019
IP2-15-May-2019
PPR - May 21 2019
VO-Ottawa
------

Thanks all for support and guidance , the amount of information and advice we get here is very helpful in the whole process of PR.
Completed my landing formalities at Thousand islands bridge yesterday !!

Reactions: comet7700

gayathri88

Jun 17, 2019
FSW-O (Nationality and country of residence india)
AOR 8th March 2019
MEP 24th april 2019
BIL 24th april 2019
Biometrics update 30th april 2019

On may 15th my background check changed from "We are processing your background check, we will message you if we need more information”, to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check".

Can someone tell me when i can expect my ppr??

Is there some way i can call IRCC to check my status. I see a lot of outland applicants posting that they have called IRCC and got to know exactly what is going on with their application. However i am unable to reach them on +1 613 944 4000. I get an automated message saying "the number u dialled is not available from your dialling area".

Thanks

ShootOwl

Jun 17, 2019
AOR Received.
21-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
04-07-2019
AOR 21st March 2019
We are processing your background check.

This is the third week it has been like this. I feel the only problem I may have is with the NOC codes. They seem very rigid in terms of what needs to be stated as proof of working experience.

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
AOR 21st March 2019
We are processing your background check.

This is the third week it has been like this. I feel the only problem I may have is with the NOC codes. They seem very rigid in terms of what needs to be stated as proof of working experience.
All i can say is that your amongst the many others with AOR's from Jan 2019 and no single movement/change in BG chck

ShootOwl

Jun 17, 2019
AOR Received.
21-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
04-07-2019
I wish that the process was more transparent. That way it eases the worry which many applicants face, and reduce the number of persons calling to find out about their status.

vishnuvu

Sep 21, 2018
Express Entry / CEC / PNP/INLAND
1 Dependent
ITA Jan 30, 2019
AOR MARCH 28

May 8,2019
Application/Profile Updated
No Email
Status bar came in the profile.
Background check changed from NOT APPLICABLE to We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
and no medical update
And May 14, Application/Profile Updated no email...
We passed the medical exam..
May 16 RPRF request as an ADR and paid and submitted the fee receipt on May 18.... After 2 days ADR changed to Not Applicable...
I called CIC and they said that ELIGIBILITY met, MEDICAL, CRIMINAL baground check passed and completed
SECURITY check is need to be started and completed by some agency... application processing at Sydney, Nova Scotia....

Today status changed to application/profile updated,but nothing changed..
Is it a good sign?any one reply please..thanks...