Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-01-19
Hey everyone! I got my COPR on March 18th and is valid until March 3 , 2021. We havent landed there yet and are planning sometime in Feb 2021. My spouse and toddler are my dependants. Am wondering if some one can throw light if we can extend our landing date? We want to wait it out until April or May 2021. Do we have to let them know through webform or is it too early? Also will they be okay if the primary applicant lands there first before the COPR expiry and then the dependants join after 2 months to land there permanently? Would appreciate any info or advice on this. Thank you!

MeemNoon

Nov 19, 2019
Thats great news means PPR is coming soon as all other stages are passed ...As far as your question on landing I don't thing the people who got the PPR after march 13 can go
I’ve heard that this limitation is only for those who want to make a soft landing. If you plan to move there at once then there’s no restriction for you to travel. You must read their rules again n also better to ask authorities if that’s the case.

Salman Hasan

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I’ve heard that this limitation is only for those who want to make a soft landing. If you plan to move there at once then there’s no restriction for you to travel. You must read their rules again n also better to ask authorities if that’s the case.
Hi I have kind of checked and I don't think we can travel due to border restrictions ... if you have any link that say you can can you please share it with me ..thanks

MeemNoon

Nov 19, 2019
Hi I have kind of checked and I don't think we can travel due to border restrictions ... if you have any link that say you can can you please share it with me ..thanks
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#exempt

If you go through a few secondary links on the page you’ll find more information. All of it is just not on a single page.

n there’s been a new update regarding using an ArriveCAN app if you plan to travel.
The second most important thing is that you need to have a solid quarantine plan before you land in Canada.

Under the heading of All other Foreign Nationals who are exempted from travel restrictions you can find this line
On this page
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#processing

go to heading “if we already approved your permanent resident application”
Read these lines:
To meet the travel restriction exemptions, you must also

• be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary)
  • show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days

Hope it would be helpful

MeemNoon

Nov 19, 2019
By the grace of Almighty my process is complete.
AOR 21st March 2019
Interview 19th December 2019
First medical expired 15th March 2020
Remedical request 6th November, 2020
Remedical approved 20th November 2020
PPR 30th November 2020
Passport submitted 3rd December 2020
Passport received 10th December 2020.
Visa office was London throughout the process

Lots of prayers for those who are still waiting.

Reactions: manisingh2301
May 11, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-03-2019
AOR Received.
06-03-2019
@legalfalcon

I ordered my GCMS notes on 14 November 2020, Received them On 16th December 2020. My AOR is March 6th 2019

In the Case analyst notes it says Recommend Passed since 2019.

my eligibility assessment changed from Recommended Passed to Recommend Interview since my last GCMS in March 2020

is it normal ? Can I expect an interview ? Or it’s just that it may be refused ?

P.S. there is no note of any kind from any Officer in there , just a case analyst note that it’s recommend passed since 2019

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

I ordered my GCMS notes on 14 November 2020, Received them On 16th December 2020. My AOR is March 6th 2019

In the Case analyst notes it says Recommend Passed since 2019.

my eligibility assessment changed from Recommended Passed to Recommend Interview since my last GCMS in March 2020

is it normal ? Can I expect an interview ? Or it’s just that it may be refused ?

P.S. there is no note of any kind from any Officer in there , just a case analyst note that it’s recommend passed since 2019

You can be called in for an interview for any reason, it does not mean that your application will be refused. The reason why an application is called for an interview is not disclosed, so you will have to wait.

If your initial note says, recommended passed, it seems like you should be fine and the interview may just be a random selection for program integrity.

May 11, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-03-2019
AOR Received.
06-03-2019
You can be called in for an interview for any reason, it does not mean that your application will be refused. The reason why an application is called for an interview is not disclosed, so you will have to wait.

If your initial note says, recommended passed, it seems like you should be fine and the interview may just be a random selection for program integrity.
Thank you so much @legalfalcon . Your prompt reply to my problem is appreciated . I was worried as it’s been too long since March 2019 and every fees has been paid so why did I see this in the second GCMS notes . In many posts I saw this as a reason for concern as my application was recommended passed for quite sometime

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much @legalfalcon . Your prompt reply to my problem is appreciated . I was worried as it’s been too long since March 2019 and every fees has been paid so why did I see this in the second GCMS notes . In many posts I saw this as a reason for concern as my application was recommended passed for quite sometime
Interviews are usually called to verify some documents or claims in your application or are randomly selected for program integrity.

Most interviews are very short and a conversation where a few questions about your job or other details are asked.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/interview/applicant/conducting-interviews.html

May 11, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-03-2019
AOR Received.
06-03-2019
Interviews are usually called to verify some documents or claims in your application or are randomly selected for program integrity.

Most interviews are very short and a conversation where a few questions about your job or other details are asked.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/interview/applicant/conducting-interviews.html
Again Thanks a ton for the information. A bit relieved to hear that. Thank you for helping every candidate in their difficult times . Stay safe and take care !!

Reactions: legalfalcon

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Although interviews are most common for spousal sponsorship applications, IRCC may request an interview for any application. See Conducting interviews and this external link

May 11, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-03-2019
AOR Received.
06-03-2019
Although interviews are most common for spousal sponsorship applications, IRCC may request an interview for any application. See Conducting interviews and this external link
Thank you so much @caipsnotes . I was a bit worried as before this the GCMS notes said recommended passed in the eligibility assessment as well as by case analyst . This time in the eligibility assessment only it’s showing recommend interview so was worried as it’s been so long that the file has been under processing since March 2019 and now this new development . I thought this might lead to refusal but now it’s clear !!

Reactions: caipsnotes